Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craftsman's Guild (Julra Tong) [open for further discussion]
06-09-2011, 03:39 AM,

Hi Bob Smile. I've been using this thread as a sort of guideline for how to develop this questline. In other words, I'm basically using most of the decisions made in this thread as a set of "rules" to go by. Before I really flesh out the questline, I'll re-read through every post in this thread.

So far, this is what I have planned, based on my understanding of the discussions here:

-15 quests total, including a final quest to become a master craftsman in one of the 6 crafts
-I'll use the ranks discussed in this thread
-A focus on the player/character learning the craft he chooses
-One book to be written to describe how to do each craft
-The grandmaster provides the quests

The following are my own ideas (not finalized):
-The player will never be forced into combat, as this is a non- combat oriented faction.
-For the master quests, some will be a mix of activator and dialogue based, while some will be dialogue based "tests" where the player chooses via dialogue how to perform each craft. He must purchase his own supplies/materials, and if he fails, he can re-take the test by paying for his supplies again. Upon success he usually gets to keep his masterpiece (unless he makes a table or something heavy for the carpenter Tongue).
-I will try to use as many of the proposed quests as I can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I currently have a rough plan on what some of those 15 quests will be. Some may not be as good as others, since these are not my final plans. Here are my ideas so far:

-The intro. quest to fetch the glass from the mine

-The Vineyards quest

-The Julra Tong requires their smiths to obtain their iron ore from certain mining companies, to reduce the chance of accidentally supporting a company that uses illegal slavery, and other foul means of profit. One Julra Tong smith in Silgrad Tower refuses to stop using an unauthorized mining company, and the player must find proof that this smith is dealing with the aforementioned company. (This one would be for higher ranking JT members).

-Collecting plants for the tailor to extract dyes from. I'll probably include lessons on how to extract dyes as well. (?- maybe beyond the scope of what a tailor might do? I'll think about this one. It's the only tailor-related quest idea I have so far.)

-The aforementioned potter's wheel quest

-For high ranking JT members, closing a gem deal for the master jeweler and bringing the gems back to the guildhall. The player MUST be high ranking in this one, since he will be trusted with the money and the gems that he purchases with them. I might even give the player the option to invest in the purchase as well.

-Try to obtain payment owed to a carpenter from a client.

-The meeting notes idea presented earlier in the thread

-The quest before the masterpiece quest could be to talk to the master of your choice and obtain a lesson from them, along with your own personal copy of the corresponding craft book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of some of these ideas? Anything to add/subtract? If any of these ideas of mine need to be axed, just let me know; it won't bother me Smile. Note that I've been having a hard time coming up with tailor and carpenter related quest ideas. I'll keep thinking, though Smile.
06-09-2011, 10:30 PM,

Howdy

I like what you have, I would continue moving in that direction

I got some stuff written down on the Carpenter and Tailor Ideas

I will dig through and send some things for your consideration

Super !! I will be thrilled to see these quests in action !!

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-14-2011, 06:08 PM,

We may want to consider a seperate thread for the different crafts as to not confuse them

BTW

Which have been completed?
Which are still being considered?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-14-2011, 07:48 PM,

I have "outfitted" the guildhall for the following crafts:
Winemaking
Blacksmith
Tailor
Carpenter
Jeweler
Potter

I used these six crafts, since they were the ones defined on page 1 of this discussion.

I'll also read through this thread some more to see what ranks were settled upon.

I was doing some more planning last night, and I'm thinking the following organization to the questline would work:

(note: As defined earlier in this thread, the grandmaster will assign the tasks)
Early quests: Mostly doing work for the master craftsmen and other craftsmen in the area. For low-ranking members.

Middle quests: For mid-ranking members. These focus on learning the six crafts.

Late quests: For the higher ranking members. In these quests, the player acts as a representative of the faction. This is also where the player will finally master a craft.

Here is my rough draft of the order the quests will follow:

Early:
-Glassmine
-Vineyards (Winemaker)
-Collect plants for dyes. (Tailor)
-Potter's wheel quest (Potter)

Middle:
-Meeting notes/ speak to masters (ALL)

Later:
-A smith is using an unauthorized mining company. Find proof. (Smith)
-Gem Deal (Jeweler)
-Obtain carpenter's money from client (Carpentry)
-Learning from Masters (Pre-master quest)
-Masterpiece creation (Master Quest)

Grand total: 10/15, five more quest ideas needed

How does the above sound? Note that all of the above in this post is just rough draft material. The only thing I've taken to the editor is fitting the guildhall for the six crafts, since those appear to have been decided early in the thread. Even that can be changed if desired, however. I've included all of the quest ideas you submitted here, and will gladly accept any more you have to offer Smile.

To clarify, what I'm basically trying to do above is summarize what has been discussed in this thread, and to get it into a format to where we won't have to flip back through 4 pages of discussion. I'm also trying to organize the material to "funnel" the ideas into something that can go straight into questmaking.

I still need to flesh out my quest ideas more, make the craft books (as well as study these crafts, so I'm fully aware of how they are actually performed), write out master quest ideas (along with using the ones mentioned in this thread), and integrate any further ideas discussed in this thread into the questline plan.

Don't forget: I'm completely open to any ideas/objections/alterations to the summary I posted above. I'm just trying to get my duckies in a row Smile.