Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craftsman's Guild (Julra Tong) [open for further discussion]
06-26-2007, 08:31 PM,

I started on the medium pot, UV mapping is troublesome as always, but meh.

I worked on some possible clay pot textures, they should look much better with the normal maps and when finished.
06-26-2007, 09:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Great Idea TID

..., but hey we will have something really good
I agree with bob196045, a great idea (unique) TID! Big Grin
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-27-2007, 12:02 AM,

Thanks

The second idea I'm thinking of involves the Winemaking (this is for the masterpiece)

Again the grandmaster goes through discussion as previously stated
and the player chooses winemaking

for this the player will require an Alchemy Kit, A GrandMaster Kit would be the only one which could produce such as Superior Wine
(Are these rare I OB) or would it be better to take what is available and call it something special like "Vintner Kit"

Again the GM will tell the player to speak with the winemaker (from previous quest)

Winemaker:

So you have choosen Winemaking, I am please to hear this, Winemaking is such an underrated profession, I don't even think the grandmaster takes it seriously. Ah...yes I remember................Oh so sorry, you are here for a reason.

Player: Yes I need some information about making a Superior wine, is their anything special I need for this

Winemaker: Yes, of course... well for one you ill need a Vintner Kit, but not just an ordinary kit, a rare one, yes rare. I actually have one of the pieces here. But you'll need the others

Player: OK, where do I find them?

Winemaker: Oh yes, the location, well let's see... I remember when I first moved here I had packed the kit but when I arrived and opened the box, all I had was one piece..maybe I didn't pack it all

Player: If you didn't pack it all, maybe its still at your old residence

Winemaker: Yes, I believe you might be correct

Player: Where did you live?

Winemaker: Where....hmmmm... Well I recall it was north of here.. Near(XXXLocation) I think, yes go have a look

Player: Is their anything else I need to know

Winemaker: I will think about it and let you know when you return

Player: Go north toward(XXXLocation) find abandoned home (this should be difficult to locate)(maybe its not named abandoned home)(or maybe it should be in the town and someone else has moved in
(lets leave his option open)

regardless we find remaining pieces and return to Winemaker

Winemaker: Welcome back, I see you found the other pieces

Player: Yes, now is their anything else

Winemaker: Thier is the most important ingrediant and that is the berries.
Not Ordinary berries, but berries from a very rare plant which only sprouts once every (XXXX years), Thier is such a plant now, I remember seeing it, while on travel, I picked some berries and brought them back, I tried to grow a bush but it failed.

Player: Where is this bush?

Winemaker: Well I was on my way to (XXXXLocation) and it was off the road a bit, thats all I know

Player: I will look for it and return with these berries

Player leaves and followng the road head towards XXXXLocation
The berries (Bush) should be reasonably difficult to find maybe within a group of other bushes....

***Note, I know its seems drawn out with lots of dialogue, but it is more RTL this way, also my idea for this winemaker is he has a little memory problem (probably from testing the drink)

If we need to reduce the Dial we can

I will finish this later tornado warning !!!

Edit: Still raining, no tornado warning though Smile

Ok so the player has to walk through the landscape between the vineyard and location XXXX north to find these berries, finds them and returns

Winemaker: Welcome back (PlayerName) is their something I can help you with

Player: I have found these berries, what about the other ingrediants is their anything "special" about those ?

Winemaker: Hmmmm. lets see, you have the berries, did you get the Vintner Kit.........oh yes.... you did, lets see...berries, kit.............oh yes
you will need...well no thier isn't

(now their actually is, but the winemaker assumes that the player knows what else is needed since he/she is in the guild and should know the basics of the craft)

SO for this quest we are going to need the Vintner Kit (Alchemy Kit)
the special berries (don't need to be anything more than berries renamed)
Yeast, Sugar, another type fruit (primarily for the acidic qualities)
(this should make our Achemists happy)

A bottle for the Wine

We need a book ! On how to make a Superior Wine, it should give instructions on temperature and time, quantities of ingrediants

The Vintner Kit will need to be scripted (I am assuming) to offer the player options on setting temperature and time to cook

Also if we truely would like to make this more RTL than it should not be an instant make, we should also require an aging time.... the aging time should be reasonable considering game play, most players might not like to wait a game month to finish a quest, maybe 5 game days

?? whatcha think....too much or ok

Smile

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-28-2007, 01:07 AM,

I like the idea of the quest. Smile In Oblivion, the alchemy sets in order of strength are:

Novice (lowest)
Apprentice
Journeyman
Expert
Master (highest)

We could make a special set that can be tuned to the player's level as he/she begins the quest, a Vintner's set.

black[/hr]

I have finished UV mapping the Medium-sized pot, here is a screenshot (sorry about the lighting), what do you think?

EDIT: Here's a better pic:
06-28-2007, 02:20 AM,

Excellant On the Alchemy Sets

Thanks

The Pot looks wonderful !!

This would be which Quality pot? Can we add that glossy look to them as well for the Superior Quality ? (is that your intention)

Good Job TID thanks

Enjoy
Bob

06-28-2007, 02:51 PM,

Howdy

More Questing

So we have agreed 15 quests are good

We have the initiation quest which is a errand , their should be other errands for the lower ranked guild member.

So here is another

Guildmaster:

Before you can begin crafting you must learn the basics of the different crafts. But before you can do that, you must learn to take direction.

Player Response:

1) What are you trying to say?
2) I will Grandmaster

Guildmaster:

1) Take no offense (PCName) I am mearly saying that to learn one must listen and follow.
2) Very Good (PCName)

Player Response:

1) I will listen

Guildmaster:

Thier are several other members who have not been able to come here for our meeting, various reasons may be keeping them, regardless they need to know what our plans and goals are. You are to take our guild meeting notes to them. While you are with each of them. You might want to ask them something of their craft.

Player: I will go

Grandmaster: Very Good, return to me when you have completed this task.
(GM hands papers to player and a note with names and locations of npc's)

Player leaves:

(Names and locations need to be decided, I think 3 is enough) or we could do all 6 crafts ????? The ranks of the NPC's should all be Craftsman

Player locates NPC #1

Player: The Grandmaster has sent me to deliver the Guild Meeting Notes

Guild NPC #1: Than you (PCName) is their anything I can help you with?

Player: Yes, please tell me a little about your craft.

Guild NPC#1 I am a (??????) the PC will give a short discription of his/her craft. This should give the player an increase in wisdom
( this can be done Yes?)

Repeat with NPC2

But with NPC 3, rather than tell the Player, the NPC gives player a book.
Book Title (can be changed) The Art of Glassmaking Vol. I

When the player reads book it will give increase in wisdom

(would it be easier to do books with all 3 or 6 ???)

This would require the addition of 3 or 6 new books !!! Cool

Once completed return to the Grandmaster for next quest
(you've allready got the reward)

Next Quest

Tailoring

Smile

06-29-2007, 12:45 AM,

I think it would make a great introduction quest to the Julra Tong and its crafts. :goodjob: Only instead of having several skill increases, it should only be a small one because giving so many bonuses for a quest this small would be not only be too much of a reward for a quest so early, but unbalancing to gameplay as well. Maybe the player can choose to "specialize" in one craft, and this can be how the skill is chosen? Either that, or the Guildmaster gives the player a ring that grants the skill bonuses only when it is worn. This way, it limits the number of bonuses the player can have at one time (from other enchanted trinkets for example) and it won't as likely give too much of an advantage to player.

black[/hr]

I have 36 pots, four different colours (red, green, blue, clay), four different styles (diamond, wave, plain, band), and three different shapes (normal, wide, tall). I've also made inventory icon textures for each possible combination.

Now, moving on to the quality factor, who here would know how I would go about purposely making a mesh look less... even? Big Grin
06-29-2007, 04:01 AM,

Sweet :banana: nice lookin pots !!!

I agree it is too much,

Option being we do all six crafts and have six books and once the player has checked all 6 books they get the increase (option A)

I like the idea of the ring, so its a as needed increase rather than a constant, this is good, then instead of the books, when the player returns to the GM after he/she has spoken to all 6 masters, the GM gives the ring
(option B)

I like "B"
Less work for our Lit Dev Department Smile

We can still have the books though :yes: if we want them

Enjoy
Bob

06-29-2007, 08:29 AM,

Nice work TID! :yes:

I like option B as well.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-29-2007, 10:01 AM,

Yeah, I like opption B too, but I wouldn't mind if they could write the books anyway so that you could have them and read about your craft.
Even if they don't give you any attributes you could get a book on each craft anyway, and in the book there could be examples on masterpieces allready made, and see some of the ways how to do it maybe?

If not that, I think that our Lit Dev Department might want some work to do :yes:
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate