Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Craftsman's Guild (Julra Tong) [open for further discussion]
05-24-2007, 08:57 PM,

Very Good then

Julra Tong it is!

Quest 1
Initiation Test

Obtain special glass from Silgrad Glassmine, upon completion the player is excepted into the guild as Apprentice

Rank System?

Is the rank system the same in OB as in MW does the player need to meet certain criteria of Skills to move up in rank, if so we need to determine those numbers

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-28-2007, 03:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Very Good then

Julra Tong it is!

Quest 1
Initiation Test

Obtain special glass from Silgrad Glassmine, upon completion the player is excepted into the guild as Apprentice

Rank System?

Is the rank system the same in OB as in MW does the player need to meet certain criteria of Skills to move up in rank, if so we need to determine those numbers

Bob
An update.

Look at the screenshots.
The left one is for Morrowind and the right one for Oblivion.

If we want to add skills criteria, we could add these through the quest.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-04-2007, 03:48 AM,

It doesn't look to me like skills are necessary for rank gain

so if not why bother Confusedhrug:

If they are then those you selected will work fine, they cover the basics

If you've begun....We need more quest ideas then don't we :eek:

Enjoy
Bob

06-04-2007, 08:43 AM,

It doesn't look to me like skills are necessary for rank gain

so if not why bother Confusedhrug:

Enjoy
Bob
I agree, so no skills.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-25-2007, 01:24 PM,

Had some rethinking on this

and here is what I re thunk

Lets have the Grandmaster be the only quest giver
Lets have 15 quests all of a general nature with respect to crafting

After the last quest (#15) the player should be a Master Craftsman and may approach the Grandmaster for promotion to Grandmaster

The Grandmaster will go into dialogue about how he/she has been the Master of the Guild for so long, and that retirement would be welcome but that no one has ever presented a masterpiece to him/her. He/She will then ask the player if they are ready to begin working on the masterpiece

Player Choice YES, NO

NO: Then return to me when you are ready...

YES: Then you must decide from what craft will you make your masterpiece

The player will be given a list to choose from which will be the 6 crafts we have indicated

The player chooses the craft

The Grandmaster will make a comment about the craft chosen and give the name of another npc who can help the player with that particular craft

Grandmaster: Ah you have chosen (XXXXX) a fine choice, if you speak with (NPCXXXX) he/she might be able to assist you. Return to me once you've created your masterpiece.

Player goes off to find (NPCXXXX) which is someone whom the player will have allready met through the course of this questline

(NPCXXXX): I hear you want to become Grandmaster. I am sure this is good news to (XXXXcurrentGrandmaster) he has been looking forward to retirement for many years. What can I help you with.

Player: I wish to learn what is needed to make masterpiece in my craft

NPCXXXX: Will explain to the player what is required to make a masterpiece for that particular craft and will give information about
were player might look for certain items needed.

The Masterpiece should not be so difficult to make that it gets boring but it should not be an easy task either.

We will need to discuss each craft and the requirements to make a masterpiece and will need 6 npc's who are craftsman of a particular
craft to give the player information

Quest Idea: Vineyards.
Grandmaster: I received letter from (NPCXXXX) he says that the locals are predicting some unusually cold wheather and needs our help.
Go to the XXX Vineyards and speak with (NPCXXXX)

Player goes to NPCXXXX

Yes, the locals say that the wheather pattern they have seen tells thenm that it will be very cold during the evenings for the next few days. your job is to ensure the torches remain lit through the night, will you help

Player Choice Yes

NPCXXXX very good then your shift begins at 10pm meet me here.

Player returns at 10 PM

NPCXXXX, thank you for returning, it seems the locals were correct you can feel the cold air moving in, here you will need this torch, if one of the flames goes out you must hurry and relight it befor the crops are damaged,
theirs no lookout post so you will just have to patrol the rows.

Player goes into field and begins walking around and re-lighting the torches as they go out.

After (X) time period the player will be prompted to return to the NPCXXXX

Thank you (Playername) it seems the crops have made it nicely thanks to your help, you may give my thanks to the grandmaster and a small gift as well (NPCXXXX) gives player (?) gold

return to the GM for next quest.

Enjoy
Bob

06-26-2007, 12:45 PM,

Sounds good to me, let's use this as the beginning of new storyline. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2007, 01:55 PM,

Very good

So we have the intiation quest: to optain the glass from the glassmine
We have Quest 1: Vineyards

Quest 2

Pottery:

Quest Giver: Grandmaster

We have been awaiting the shipment of custom pottery for a special customer, can you find out what is holding up the shipment..

Travel to (LocationX) and speak with (NPCXX) about his/her shipment of pottery, NPCXX will explain that the potters wheel was broken last week and the new parts have not arrived. It might be faster if you go and pick up the parts and bring them here.

Player travels to (LocationXX) to the traders guild and asks about wheel and receives the parts, returns to NPCXX

NPCXX: Thank you for returning with the parts. It will be a few days before I can have the shipment ready

Player: but the Grandmaster needs them now, they are allready late to the customer

NPCXX: Then your assistance is needed, please make 3 vases to these specifications, once they are completed and I am satisfied with the quality you may take them and the rest to the grandmaster with my blessing

Player: use the now repaired wheel to make 3 vases
(btw, how will things like this be done)(if they are doable)

(can the quality of the pots made be based on the intelligence of the player)

present the vases to NPCXX for approval

NPCXX: Yes these will do nicely, thank you (playername), here is the balance of the order you may return to the grandmaster with my thanks

Player: return to grandmaster for reward

Input please Smile

Enjoy
Bob

06-26-2007, 02:12 PM,

Player: use the now repaired wheel to make 3 vases
(btw, how will things like this be done)(if they are doable)
We need a potter's wheel broken and fixed (meshes).
It's possible to use an activator and when the PC has the required ingredients the pottery will be created.

(can the quality of the pots made be based on the intelligence of the player)
Yes.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM,

I'm starting to get the hang of this meshing business. Big Grin I might be able to help with pot meshes. If anything, it's collision I'd have problems with. There are ways around that though.

For making the pottery, perhaps we could control it with dialogue. The player can first decide on the shape of the pot:

- Wide
- Medium
- Thin

The player takes some clay and activates the wheel. The wheel rotates with some clay on it for a few seconds, then the player's journal is updated saying the pot is finished. The player takes the pot to the NPCXX for the next step. The colours:

- Blue
- Red
- Green

Go somewhere to immerse the pot in paint (?). Take the pot to someone who would be able to paint patterns on the pot, they should offer three choices of patterns.:

- Flower
- Diamond
- Waves

It would be nice if the player could keep one. The Grandmaster might say "We only needed two, so you can keep one of them", then the player could choose one pot at a time to hand over, since that would be easiest for dialogue.

All the meshing needed would be three seperate meshes, maybe a few different qualities as well. Nine meshes, and about nine different texture works. This makes... 81 final meshes (!), without the unpainted/unpatterned meshes (about 27 more, 108 meshes!). It's possible though, and it would be fun. :]
06-26-2007, 04:26 PM,

Great Idea TID

Sorry it will cause so much work, but hey we will have something really good

These craftsman quests are different and its gonna be a challange to make something fun, yet not involving a bunch of killing like all the other fetch and do quests

As far as the meshes go, would we be able to get away with just 2 different quality items and the same 3 different patterns for both

Also, 1 additional Superior Quality Vase and Texture for if the player decides to make Pottery his/her choosen Masterpiece

Along with that would go a nice texture for the pottery wheel, which would become a Master Potters Wheel needed for the masterpiece or if the wheel is just made well it can be named differently

AND the clay, just normal clay and that can just be re-named "Rare Clay"

Enjoy
Bob