Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creature Dialogue?
02-17-2007, 01:07 AM,
Creature Dialogue?
For my quest, I require a real live talking lich. Now I lowered it's aggression to 5, so it won't attack you, and I did dialogue the usual questy way, so why isn't he saying anything?

I'm pretty sure creatures in Oblivion can say stuff.. can't think of any examples offhand. It was apparantly possible in morrowind though (mudcrab merchant?) So it should be possible here, i just have no idea if there's any special trick.

So anyone have any ideas?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-17-2007, 02:25 AM,

That's just the thing, creatures in OB can't say stuff. Creatures in MW can, but not in OB. Sad
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
02-17-2007, 02:28 AM,

Actually, I remember reading about a mod that has a talking minatour in it.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
02-17-2007, 02:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
Actually, I remember reading about a mod that has a talking minatour in it.
Maybe with OBSE or something... Confusedhrug:
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
02-17-2007, 03:06 AM,

Morrowind didn't have to worry about FaceGen Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-17-2007, 03:12 AM,

So creatures can't talk? U guys sure? Well then, that sucks a bit. I'll keep searching for some kind of talking creature. I think the ghost in the Akaviri artifact quest might actually talk, but i'll look that up later. Prehaps through a scripting function it would be possible... Like "On Activate, messagebox" But it's not really the same is it?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-17-2007, 03:26 AM,

It's possible, but there are a few inconsistencies. First of all, you'll want a dialogue placeholder NPC, then a script that keeps the NPC and the lich in the same spot (constantly MoveTo a marker). Hopefully, the NPC's head will show up where the lich's head is. Now, the NPC is bleeding into the lich, so all you need to do now is set the alpha value (via SCRIPT!) to 1.00 (I think), there you go. =) For the technical stuff (mouse saying "Talk to..." when looking at the lich), you might want to consider using scaling via script.
02-17-2007, 05:24 AM,

In SI they made Sheo a monster and got him to speak, I wonder how they got the communication beteen him and the PC working though, as message boxes aren't the best option, and I'd doubt that Beth would do that (Thye do have some standards Wink).
02-17-2007, 05:45 AM,

He wasn't actually "Talking" in the normal way oblivion does. It wasn't zoomed in on his head or anything with dialogue written below. I think it was actually an animation that let his mouth move and a sound of him talking that moved in time with his mouth. Two different things to give one effect. Many things are possible with NPC's in oblivion. You can change their skin, weight, height, and head. The head is the most important part because people say "NPC's come as they are, it's impossible to make them look different." ex: orcs, argonians, khajiits. There you go.
Lol what?
02-17-2007, 05:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
-snip- He wasn't actually "Talking" in the normal way oblivion does -Snip-

Looks like someone didn't read my post correctly Tongue