Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creatures of the Swamp interior
10-31-2006, 06:07 AM,
Creatures of the Swamp interior
I'm thinking lots of exotic swamp-fish. Maybe some wierd amphibions. I got this from the offical site.
[Image: 13B.jpg]
[Image: 15B.jpg]

I'll draw some concept art when I get a chance. I'll post it asap. Everybody, please draw. It dosn't matter if your a good artist or have a wacky idea, lets just get as much as we can. Plz and Thx.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
11-01-2006, 08:54 PM,

I will :yes:
but you know me, I like to draw nice while I'm at it, but I think this weekend will be freer, I will try as well as a new line of Argonian architecture
11-02-2006, 01:36 AM,

Thanks KuKu, hope you can find the time, I'll try to find the time as well. Smile
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
11-08-2006, 03:44 AM,

I have begun... but I feel kinda bad not finishing my ap bio lab report first...

anyhow, i would like to add that anyone who wants to can also draw, so far mostly been me, and I would like to see other's perspectives and talents :yes:
11-08-2006, 04:09 PM,

I don't see any fish in those pictures. ?( ?(
11-08-2006, 08:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SwedishFish
I don't see any fish in those pictures. ?( ?(
whatever, just an inspiration for the setting of the environment I guess
11-09-2006, 09:54 PM,

Hey guys, whilst i appreciate that this is a thread for visual concepts, i have done some work on various projects for working ecologies......just wondering if I could design Black Marshes wildlife from the opposite end.....

I have a few ideas but may be limited by textures and models, PM or reply
Danmako....The man with no name
11-10-2006, 02:26 AM,

please explain furthur...

personally I like it if there was an ecology laid out and then creatures plugged into the laid out ecosystem and then placed in-game...
though for the purposes of the game, when in-game this planning is not all that apparent, you are much too busy looking at the cool foliage or fighting off ravenous marsh animals and trying to avoid death Wink
11-10-2006, 07:30 AM,

OK........

Examples - to integrate and balance the creatures spawn points in believable way, so that their interaction can take place in front of the PC

Carver Lizard - Bipedal Paired Hunters (Mates for Life), based off Clannfear texture/model, runs down prey, but also amphibious....reaction to PC is 50/50 (flee/attack), occasionally encountered with single pup in which case their aggression is increased to 100.
Skill Level - high stealth detection, combat equals LION (Levelled approp)
Their claws and fangs are prized as jewellery
Preys upon Grazer Lizards, Rats, humanoids, Marsh deer, but avoids Marsh Hogs

Grazer Lizard - Bipedal amphibious grazers. Herd, 1-6 includes Young. Spends most time in the shallows, retreating to either land or water depending upon threat. Grazes upon water vegetation. Always runs from danger
Skill Level - equal to Deer
Their meat is prized, as are their eggs, often hidden in reed beds where they graze nearby (think broken wing birds, distraction tactics to keep eggs safe)

Shocker Eel - Texture model similiar to slaughterfish from daggerfall, but thicker. Slow moving, solitary hunter. Ambush hunter, slowly drifts closer to water borne prey, that exudes an electric shock that affects an area around it, stunning critters and killing fish......its main food source

And so on, including the athletic marsh deer, belligerent Marsh Hog, elusive spotted lion, curious midge swarms, swamp rats, a small and friendly bear that could be fed and become a pet of sorts,three or four fish and others though they dont have direct models.....more details wanted? Big Grin
Danmako....The man with no name
11-12-2006, 12:27 AM,

River Boar / Marsh Hog

[Image: normal_river-boar.png]

my concept of a river-boar... sorta like a javelina, a warthog, and a beaver...
see how centuries of evolution in the marsh have made the boar highly adapted... the upturned nose for breathing, the tail for steering and swimming, and shorter and compact legs for quick spurts...
mostly an opportunist, scavernging and uprooting succulent vegetation, however the boar is extremely irritable especially when cornered...

[/hr]

Flesh Fly
[Image: fleshfly.jpg]

notice the big fleshy appendage on the front of the head with small teeth on it. The Flesh fly will use it to rub off meat, and use the elongated sucker to suck up ripped flesh. The front legs are for stability when feeding and for scooping up meat. They're supposed to be red in color I think...

[/hr]

Wamasus

[Image: normal_wamasus.png]

This is the great thunder-dragon/salamders of Black marsh. They are rarely seen though heard often just before a rain-storm. They can gather electrical charge and store it as energy, excess is used as a weapon, their teeth can emmit a shock. They are actually a somewhat primitive salamander, they have an axolotl-like physique, with the external gills and a large swimming tail. However, just like axolotls, the Wamasus can regenerate lost flesh, bones, and limbs...
the only known artifact of the Wamasus, and indeed the only concrete proof of the existence of it it the Fang of Haynekhtnamet

if you need a size comparison, the fang of Haynekhtnamet is the size of a hand, so each tooth on the Wamasus is a hand.... Wink