Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creatures of the Swamp interior
07-05-2007, 04:47 PM,

I like that lizard :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
07-06-2007, 12:42 AM,

the ideas are good. Lutemoth I think that would fit quite well in Arnesia. As for you llamaranger, I got a few more things.... let's see.... I like the "lizardthing" Big Grin but I think the back filters need to be more.... filter like? so something like gills, whether they look like fish gills or mudpuppy gills, gills are nature's external filters in most cases. But that's just my opinion. Also, depending on where it lives it may not want to be vibrant. In corals yes it is fine, but in the open sea, it'd be a great target for sharks. In my opinion, its either good justification or the lizardthing needs some changes.
As for the "wildseacat" I think it is a very interesting idea, though personally I'd prefer it be small and timid, which is why it uses ambush and aquatic hunting. Perhaps its small ancestors found themselves unable to compete with other terrestrial predators and went to the water and camouflage to survive. And I am thinking it is a rare creature, only in more isolated mangrove areas where they are perfectly adapted. Cause the southern mangroves have large water snakes, fresh-water sharks, and of course, crocodilians... being a kitty in the water isn't safe. Overall is good, my comments just pertain to its size, location, and habits.
and the plants are awesome :goodjob:

I think the "lizardthing" should be misnamed on purpose, just to show how faulty the Cyrodiilic naturalists can be. Or maybe named after the place it lives in, or its tusks or filter. Something that makes it unique... I don't have any good ideas yet though. As for the "wildseacat", I think water cat will do fine.

The great thing about Black Marsh is biodiversity. Think of it like the Florida Everglades, or Indonesia, or the Amazon, or the Congo jungles.... very diverse wild life in many different niches and habitats. So its hard for me to actually reject all your creative ideas, most of them with some tweaking will be great. The only issue woul dbe people to make them, but I'm sure our ideas will have equally good modelers willing to make them.
07-07-2007, 12:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
the ideas are good. Lutemoth I think that would fit quite well in Arnesia. As for you llamaranger, I got a few more things.... let's see.... I like the "lizardthing" Big Grin but I think the back filters need to be more.... filter like? so something like gills, whether they look like fish gills or mudpuppy gills, gills are nature's external filters in most cases. But that's just my opinion. Also, depending on where it lives it may not want to be vibrant. In corals yes it is fine, but in the open sea, it'd be a great target for sharks. In my opinion, its either good justification or the lizardthing needs some changes.

gills would make more sense in a way, but the green back frill (which is the filter) was based around the vibrant frilly corals found in Indonesia, although I agree the vibrancy would have to be somewhat toned down.

I disagree on the "great target for sharks" point. the red frill, is more of a spine, like the spines on a sea anemone (I can't spell that, the spiky ones Big Grin). Also most predators would be slightly put off by the size (big animals!). It might help to think of this as the swamps answer to the elephant Big Grin

Edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-07-2007, 06:00 PM,

alright so if its a repto-mammilian, those are probably stiff hairs that form spines (like a porcupine) and then there are gills, which are vulnerable parts but thankfully there's the back-spines? so I guess I will make my impression of this creature you concepted

tell me if my idea of it is what you were thinking :yes:
not trying to hijack your idea, no worries

you can see i made the legs more flipper like, the filter more gill-like and the spines more spine like with a dorsal spiny-fun surrounded by a myriad of spikes. I'm not sure if this is what you intended, your original concept seems better geared for a coastal creature who'd crawl on the sea-bottom or on coral beds.... whereas mine seem smuch more geared for the open ocean.... but you tell me

[Image: reptowhalezi9.jpg]
07-07-2007, 07:36 PM,

I like it better than mine Big Grin

It may be a while before I model any of these, as I'm currently working on one creature and some plant models for Elsweyr. I'm also doing a model of that massive indonesian (i think) house you posetd in the concpet art forum for the argonian architecture set. So my plate is pretty full at the moment, and in 3 day time I'm flying to morocco for a 10 day hiking trip up the atlas mountains Big Grin

But after that I'm free for the next 8 weeks or some ridiculous length of time, so I should get plenty done, oh and I've finished modellingall the original conepts for the Argonian village (the hand drawn ones). Big Grin

Edd

EDIT: I think the arms should be slightly smaller (just a tad), and the tail to be the same length but thicker. I want it to swim like a crocodile Big Grin
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-08-2007, 04:47 AM,

oh please hold off doing the Indonesian manor, that's just for inspiration, not an actual building... I will come up with a concept that'll express native designed blended with Imperial urban-culture.... it'll be interesting...
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM,

I like KuKulzA's alot.
I get the idea of walking along the coast and seeing the fin come up out of the water, then receding into the depths.
As for the electro salamander thing, that is wayyyy back...instead of making them heard before the storm, make it where at night if you look in the water, you can see the fins glowing, kinda like an anglerfish.
But make it where the ones near towns arent aggressive, but the ones out in the wild are. Kinda like a realistic wildlife thing.
I think there should be Argonian pearl divers(just ingredients, and misc items period), but instead of making them always doing that, make it where they have everyday live, but at a certain time everyday they go diving...that way you never know what they'll have to do, so they might get into a fight, or just barely escape.
We need more types of containers, like clams, make it where there are new hidden stashes. Im doing a texture fo a chest that looks like its been underwater for a long time.
Oh, and I think it'd be really cool to bring back the Morrowind mudcrabs.
Just ideas, feel free to ignore me.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-27-2008, 08:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lutemoth
I felt like making a swamp reptile, for some reason.. You guys like reptiles, right? Big Grin
[Image: reedmimic6zz.th.jpg]
actually adapted scales, the tall fin on the back of this creature mimics that of lush reeds. The skin of the animal itself is very contained and solid, allowing for algea and other vegetation to develop on it's back, to further the illusion.

I definately want this modeled!
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-27-2008, 10:34 PM,

KuKulzA your very good, anf TLO i agree on that beast, what is the crest? hair? a fin? prickles? brilliant.

I presume this thread is pretty much carried on in the concept art thread with the humongous list? I will be posting there...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!