Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D*r*a*t
06-25-2009, 06:10 PM,

Okay, I can't get perfect co-ordinates for good places as I'm still struggling to install everything successfully but I can give you a rough ideas of where to look.

Only this area of the jungle is fully landscaped: NJRL0103 "Naga-Cradle Jungle: South" (Completed) so I would choose something like -10,20 which should land you in water. Nearby lies Mokumalata Barsaebic ruins (on an island on its own), a cave with Argonian stone heads and some waterfalls, one of which will lead up to Pholmolo. Try not to expose all of Pholmolo though.

You could also take a few snaps of Stormhold. You can teleport to the entrance at -03,25 and just choose targets to shoot, interior or exterior but bear in mind that this area is not landscaped yet (not anymore, anyway).

Rockguard is a good choice (-19,00) and I guess you could have a brief glimpse of the rootworm too but VERY brief so that the viewer asks, "wtf was that?"

Flashes of Stonewastes (-20,-05) and Sloughpoint (-19,08) could work and I suppose you could use Seafalls as well if it's only flashes. I'd say leave Gideon for now and you may wish to wait for a while until sandor replaces the items in the Everglades so you can get some nice shots of that area as well....only little bits though.

Avoid the Hist Dimension and Longharrow Lagoon for now but you could try a little bit of the Mokumalata interior and the 'mortified rootworm' (interior only) near Sloughpoint....but again, only flashes....let me know when you're editing it together....oh, and emphasise the fact that it's a work in progress....we can add text that boast our assets later...which will be more enticing....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM,

Question: How do I get into BM from the game? (Sorry, it's been so long, I didn't know if its changed or not)
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
06-25-2009, 11:02 PM,

Yeah, how does one get there?
06-25-2009, 11:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sHAdowgAme
Yeah, how does one get there?

Try something like: cow blackmarshes -14, 20

That should land you in a part of blackmarshes, I think Naga Cradle Jungle (Claim 03).

Update:
Yesterday I worked on the "Blackwood: North" landscape for a little over 4 hours. All I have been doing is deleting a bunch of rocks, and fixing objects that clip into each other, since those need doing first. I haven't been able to touch it at all today, though. Been busy at home, mostly.

I have not molded or altered the actual land itself, nor done vertex shading yet. I've yet to add more of the proper trees, too. I may not be as fast as Ibsen is at doing this job, but I have started working on it, rest assured.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM,

You speed up with practice. That's all it is, really. :yes: I did quite a few landscapes for Silgrad Tower to introduce myself into modding.

There's not really that much clipping to sort out in BW. It's mainly just adding trees: lots of Baobabs with an occasional variance in scale but plenty of the two vanilla types as well to create a denser effect (baobabs don't hang over you very effectively).

Stuff like cave entrances could be left if you don't feel like it. Likewise, extra flora could be applied later because if you end up putting loads of one type down then you end up feeling obliged to do the same elsewhere. There's a list of flora types that are 'BW-friendly' here anyway: Gideon . I think it's better for our purposes to have rare appearances of select flora.....so don't get hung up too much on intricate details as the region generation does just about well enough on that score.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-26-2009, 06:12 PM,

I actually had my HDD completley fail in my gaming PC, currently using my laptop to mod and play. Drat :lmao:, good choice of words IG Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-28-2009, 10:55 AM,

Well, it's all gone to shit since that malware infection. The latest bullshit is that the Everglades has lost its land. It's particularly bizarre because last night I started a new game and travelled everywhere with absolutely no problems. Today, I loaded up, tried out all recent esms and the landscape was all like this. Wtf is going on....?

Edit - Ah, it's definitely related to the new esm....
06-28-2009, 12:56 PM,

The land is fine on my end (using esm v2.11, screenshots).

It means you loaded the esm with a mod index >1 (not directly after the OB.esm).
Another possibility is that you use an esp that conflicts with the esm.

The current esm compared to v2.10 is the same except for some reference and FormID changes (placed content, textures).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-28-2009, 01:57 PM,

I had that "no land" problem too, but I fixed it up by re-installing the game, Now the only problem is that I have a whole bunch of textures missing ( Naga crade Jungle and Stormhold are Pink now)
06-29-2009, 09:29 PM,

Thanks sandor. It's probably just me being a dork. Smile I'll check it out in-game and edit this post with the results.

Edit - Yep, I dwell in Dorksville! All problems solved. I noticed the textures were a bit too bright and there's not enough ground cover but that can be sorted. Anyway, it looks nice. :yes: It'll look great when it's landscaped! Thanks again.