Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daggerfall books in the Silgrad Tower mod
06-20-2006, 09:22 AM,

Great thinking HeIsTheDarkness, wish I had though of that! If you complete this project then you will become a Librarian with a Doctorate of Lore awarded by Silgrad Tower for your services to the Mod and this new application of known principles!

Please add the Redguard and Battlespire books too (got any Arena?)

Could you all post them in text form rather than downloads - we would have to convert them anyhows to bring them into the mod (if/when that happens) and for the moment they will be a great Lore resource here!

Also, I will be editing out the chat from this thread in a few days but I will transfer what I consider to be useful suggestions to this post credited to the names of each poster.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-20-2006, 09:26 AM,

They all can be found at Imperial Library

I'll convert DF books quickly, it's easy Smile
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM,

In imprial library DF books are divided into categories:
1. Biography
2. Fiction
3. History
4. Humor
5. Legend
6. Lore
7. Pamphlete

I'll go from top down and post plugins with books of each category when they are done. I'm using standard oblivion book models/textures. When we get more models/textures, we can easily change them.

Also I'll post a small list of books from plugin in form name-Editor ID(text one) - Editor ID (hex one). I'll playtest them all before posting, but if anybody will want to check - with hex id it will be easy to do.

1.Biography books are the same as in Oblivion.

2.Currently I'm working on fiction, hope to post them tomorrow.

P.S. Who will add them to the shops?

P.P.S. In Battlespire there's only one book not present in Oblivion - book of riddles. I'll convert it. All other are mostly letters and instructions.
06-24-2006, 11:40 AM,

Do post them as plugins in Visual Dev, but would you then also extract the content as plain written text and post it here in Lit Dev? Not everyone involved in modding here has a computer that can manage Oblivion, and that is true of newcomers and potential recruits too! :yes:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM,

Ok, i'll do it Smile)
sorry for being late, had some troubles at weekend, but now adding books goes well Smile
06-27-2006, 07:30 AM,

Imported all books. Now I'll playtest them and then publish file.

EDIT: Here it is Smile don't forget to check the screenie Smile

I've not playtested thoroughly, though i looked through all the books in-game and they look fine.

[Image: DFBooks-1.jpg]

[Image: th_ScreenShot1.jpg]
06-27-2006, 09:08 AM,

Nice work HITD!

Your plugin is "dirty" though. It seems to have unintentional information in it besides the books. Could you clean it and reattach it? TIA.

[Image: th_tes4pluginutilityDFbooks.jpg]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-27-2006, 09:21 AM,

Dunno why, but it appears in each plugin I make - if it's dependent on RP.esm.
I try to clean - but this records appear again.
06-27-2006, 09:24 AM,

Do you set them to be ignored before loading the file?
06-27-2006, 09:28 AM,

Yes, but this records appear again.
This problem exists in all my esps dependent on .esm, though it merges ok as I understand.

EDIT: hmm, when I toggled Ignore in Plugin Utility, it worked ok Smile so here's clean file
I'll try to check out why this doesn't work in CS:
In Files->Data I selected obl.esm, rp.esm and my.esp as active. In details of my.esp I toggle ignore to all junk records. Then ok - it loads - then save. And when I try to load it again - junk records appeared again... very odd Smile

[Image: DFBooks.jpg]