Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Brotherhood plans
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM,

Guy with a little different weed wacker, eh? Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-07-2006, 01:02 AM,

I dunno why the Morag Tong picks fights with the Dark Brotherhood,because the Dark Brotherhood could crush the Morag Tong.
02-07-2006, 02:30 AM,

not really...
the Morag Tong is more united, older, more respected, and legal in Morrowind
the Dark Brotherhood is younger, more established abroad, illegal, and there is a lot of internal conflict...
only thing is... it is bigger... because it spread across Tamriel... without being legal...

personally I like Morag Tong... but I guess DarkBrotherhood is cool too
02-07-2006, 02:43 AM,

I prefer the Morag Tong as well. the only thing better than an assassin is one who does his job legally. I like the idea of a Dark Brotherhood bas of operations in Ebonheart, since the sheer irony of it is almost palpable, but where exactly would it be? The cavern with the Lord's Mail?
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-07-2006, 02:48 AM,

yes and no... the cavern is now deeper dug... the place with the Lord's Mail is just the entrance... and a new secret door leads from the caverns to under the bridge in Ebonheart... as well as other places.... the Dark Brotherhood will have a system of tunnels... allowing them good control over Ebonheart...
02-07-2006, 02:50 AM,

Alright, that sounds great. It shows their supremacy in dealing with secrets and stealth, yet also their arrogance. A perfect spot for them. :yes:
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-07-2006, 02:59 AM,

yeah... but I think it is very symbolic...

the Dark brotherhood are in between the waters below and the order of the Legion above.... the Morag Tong is above the clear waters but below the bloody fights of the Arena...
difference of cultural background....

the Dark Brotherhood is in Ebonheart... Morag Tong in Vivec City... local pinnacales of different worlds
and they are, on Tamriel, the two most powerful assassin guilds.... and they are next to each other

Ebonheart is the secular capitol of Vvardenfell, controlling the masses through leaders and politics..... Vivec is the spiritual capitol, the masses love the Temple...
and the Dark Brotherhood keeps dominance by spreading fear and therefore respect and forced to use their services.... the Morag Tong is legal and honorable... they win support through honorable action...

Ebonheart is the port where ebony is exported to be sent to coffers in Cyrodiil, where Dunmeri wealth is sucked away to.... Vivec is where local trade goes on, the open air markets, where all the Dunmer strive to make profits with their own goods for their own people...
The Dark Brotherhood works for money, more war the better.... the Morag Tong (still is paid for writs) but works for the survival of a fragile political system

...I think I am done symbolic talk Big Grin
02-07-2006, 04:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by syko
I prefer the Morag Tong as well. the only thing better than an assassin is one who does his job legally. I like the idea of a Dark Brotherhood bas of operations in Ebonheart, since the sheer irony of it is almost palpable, but where exactly would it be? The cavern with the Lord's Mail?
Legal dosen't mean its always good.The Morag Tong could be assassinating good people just like the Dark Brotherhood.
02-07-2006, 04:11 AM,

Dark Brotherhood is assassinate for profit and to destabilize
Morag Tong is assassinating to keep order and appease Daedra

...its the intention that counts? but in the end the people are dead anyhow... no matter the intention
02-07-2006, 08:44 AM,

A price has to be paid...
''Goal justifies the means.'' I don't agree with that one.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.