Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Brotherhood plans
02-09-2006, 03:02 AM,

I know this sounds crazy but will you possibly consider adding my quest to the VVanderfell mod?Thanks in advance.
02-09-2006, 03:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Noob Saibot
I know this sounds crazy but will you possibly consider adding my quest to the VVanderfell mod?Thanks in advance.
not crazy to ask me to consider it... not at all...
its not like I am a tempermental dictator who uses secret police to take out peopl I'm not so happy with
so anyways... I have been thinking deeply about DarkBrotherhood in Vvardenfell...
in a sense they should be going there in more strength... I mean their Night Mother on Vvardenfell (in Ald Sotha) was killed by a Morag Tong member... they definitely want revenge...

EDIT: I think it is great for a beginner/middle quest...later on quests would be tougher I think :yes:
02-10-2006, 08:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
not bad... now it is time you need to add variables...
different ways to make/end the quest, etc.
Oblivion (game) will be full of those... often you will overhear conversations, or hear rumors, or w/e

There were plenty of variables in Morrowind. I hope that oblivion will feature some easier ''in-built'' variable wizard.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
02-13-2006, 04:00 AM,

I hope so too....
see, from what we know... TES4, with stuff like overhearing conversations to trigger a quest... to attaining quests only if they have a certain disposition towards you, etc. the variables and variants will be hard to imagine...
04-26-2006, 02:46 PM,

not really...
the Morag Tong is more united, older, more respected, and legal in Morrowind
the Dark Brotherhood is younger, more established abroad, illegal, and there is a lot of internal conflict...
only thing is... it is bigger... because it spread across Tamriel... without being legal...

personally I like Morag Tong... but I guess DarkBrotherhood is cool too

The Dark Brotherhood is not so young. Sithis is eternal. The Dark Brotherhood is a gift to Nirn from the Night Mother herself.

That said, I think that there should be Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries in each major city, each one with at least 2 or 3 quests. And of course, one main DB sanctuary somewhere with several quests that will send you all across Vvardenfell.

But the real question on my mind is, will you have the option of getting the cool Tribunal-era DB armor in addition to the Cyrodiil Oblivion-era DB armor?
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Morsh
not really...
the Dark Brotherhood is younger, more established abroad, illegal, and there is a lot of internal conflict...
only thing is... it is bigger... because it spread across Tamriel... without being legal...

The Dark Brotherhood is not so young. Sithis is eternal. The Dark Brotherhood is a gift to Nirn from the Night Mother herself.

That said, I think that there should be Dark Brotherhood sanctuaries in each major city, each one with at least 2 or 3 quests. And of course, one main DB sanctuary somewhere with several quests that will send you all across Vvardenfell.

But the real question on my mind is, will you have the option of getting the cool Tribunal-era DB armor in addition to the Cyrodiil Oblivion-era DB armor?
TES4 anal raped the lore about Sithis and the Night Mother... and the Dark Brotherhood is a splinter faction of the Morag Tong, so, therefore, it's younger.
Dark Brotherhood activity on Vvardenfell was pretty rare in TES3's timeline (though they have holdings on mainland Morrowind, like in the ruins of Old Mournhold), and I don't think they'd all of a sudden have a bunch of sanctuaries everywhere, especially with the Morag Tong around.
04-26-2006, 11:28 PM,

Arklon, i think he missed these:

not really...

Also, can we leave the sodomy references behind now? (curse you LN!!!)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-27-2006, 01:46 AM,

DBhood... Morrowind and Black Marsh is hell for them....
in Morrowind they are hounded down like crazy by Morag Tong and hated by officials... in other places they are accepted though feared... in Black Marsh, only royalty hire them and only Shadowscales are good for assassination in Argonia, otherwise it is well for the Dark Brothers
05-04-2006, 09:07 PM,

*idea*
For the mw db, how about you can do a side "Threads of the webspinner" quest to recover the sanguine artifacts taken by the morag tong.
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
05-06-2006, 08:56 AM,

I didn't see any sign of the DB in TESIII, and with the DB being that old, without having moved to Vvardenfell for so long, why would they have done that now?

I think we should restrict it to the Morag tong. Maybe a small plot about keeping the DB out of Vvardenfell by murdering some people who try to set up a sanctuary but nothing more.
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.