Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave's WIP's
06-03-2007, 01:38 AM,

:yes: Yeah, although the armour itself is quite poor quality compared to other armours, it was very common and original looking. It's a personal favorite of mine too. I realised that the texture I used there is actually a Chitin retex, so all I'd need are some normal maps, then it should be Oblivion-ish quality. Hopefully. Big Grin

Here's an update of the Kwama forager, using the MW texture:
06-03-2007, 01:49 AM,

hmm i remember the foragers as a bit more of a strange rounded wedge, but that may just have been because of the way they moved.

Looks pretty good if you can get the shape down. These guys really are essential, so it's good to see you start making them. the province of Morrowind wouldn't be the same without Kwama mines.

i will agree, chitin was a most original armor, unlike anything in real life, whereas all the other armors were mostly just duplicates of real armors, with different materials and patterns. I especially like the insectoid feeling, it's pretty darn cool, and it's a good job.

I think i'll just wear chitin armor forever, no matter what other (better) armors pop up
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-03-2007, 02:01 AM,

Quote:I think i'll just wear chitin armor forever, no matter what other (better) armors pop up
:goodjob:

Quote:hmm I remember the foragers as a bit more of a strange rounded wedge, but that may just have been because of the way they moved.
I can understand what you mean, although when (if) I get round to animating it, the shape will look more like the TES3 version. :yes:
06-03-2007, 02:05 AM,

It might seem kinda mean, but I think that can be improved

I think it needs to look more segmented, and more attention put on the head so that it looks not like a round tip but a sophisticated mouth and sensory region of the kwama forager... its supposed to be an annoying muscular grub

[Image: kwamaforagerwb0.jpg]
06-03-2007, 02:20 AM,

Quote:It might seem kinda mean, but I think that can be improved
Sad

Big Grin Nah, I know what you mean... it's partly the texture I think, it does have segments, just hard to see. It does need shaping more though. When I smoothed it, the shape lost its indents quite a lot... I made this about three weeks ago when I didn't know what I was doing most of the time, I could easily make it again in about an hour.

Edit- With texturing off, you can see the indents which did make it look more shaped... until smoothing flattened them.
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM,

Its also a great starter creature to animate. The rig would be quite simple. just a few bones for the body. and if you wanted to make it up to oblivion standards I would add a head and jaw bones and try to animate the mouth lol.

then just study how it moved in MW and just make give it a shot. Might be kinda fun to do that one. make a cool attach animation or 2 and it would be really cool you come across
AM NOT A TEXTURER
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM,

yea it looked good without the texture and flattening... :yes:
06-04-2007, 01:23 AM,

I've got confidence this'll turn out well. The model does look good without texture, and with indents. Plus, it's like the easiest animation anyone could ask for.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-04-2007, 01:27 AM,

:yes: It's because the texture stretched a bit I think. I might make a new, plain-ish texture, then paint on the indents to make them stand out more.

Animating it may be a good starting point for learning, since like you guys say, it should be an easy animation.
06-05-2007, 11:07 AM,

This should really turn out quite well, Not to sure about the texture though.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]