Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepen Meadows: Landscape Claim 1 [Claimed]
05-27-2010, 11:03 PM,

Anastassia, I am glad you decided to stick with your claim Smile

I have periods of time where life takes all my time but I still like to mod for ES. Modding for ES or ST in particular is about whether or not you want to mod.

Sometimes people lose interest. However they want to explain it is up to them. Any mod's progress is ALL about forward motion. I feel quality is more important than quantity but forward motion only takes atleast one interested person. I feel we lost someone important when Razorwing left but the mod is still here.

Again, I am happy that you still like modding for ST Smile

ps: remember to get the latest ST ESM and or patch before modding/submitting.
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Anastassia
Ok, It is like 60% complete. Looks very nice so far...

Honestly, I had decided to quit on it, after what Razorwing came back to say, he kind of broke all my hopes for the project because he was so entirely right, but then looking at how sandor and Zurke never ever seem even close to think on giving up, made me think otherwise, I thought "ohh well, whatever is done wrong can always be fixed later".

So I'm retaking the work...
It's great to see you are making good progress! :goodjob:

ST v3.0 will be released this Summer including your splendid landscaping/modding. :check:
TheImperialDragon added collision to the remaining Silgrad city single piece models and created _far nifs for the walls.

Currently we're focusing on the roads (FF, seamless transition and a new road to the Forgotten Garden).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-28-2010, 05:04 PM,

I'd love to say I would make some of those roads, but let's face the facts... I'm too slow Confused

By the time I finish my current claim, those roads would be done and forgotten.
Believe then when faith is gone.
Have hope then when there is none.
See the stars through the smoke in the sky.
And when tears are falling, smile.
05-31-2010, 05:34 AM,

Hi Anastassia, I'm glad to hear the region is coming along so nicely. :goodjob: Welcome back!

Quote:I'd love to say I would make some of those roads, but let's face the facts... I'm too slow Confused

By the time I finish my current claim, those roads would be done and forgotten.
That's okay. Smile Zurke and myself will be working on the last road segments on the land (if you'd like to see what the plan is, see the thread sandor linked to above), and then we'll implement the ferries to finally connect everything.
06-03-2010, 04:37 PM,

I had to make a new Oblivion installation, I encountered no errors or anything like that during the process. Everything works fine, save for the little issue that I can't mod any landscape now Confused

When I try to load any STLand cell this, then this happens.

It doesn't display any errors when loading the ESM & ESP, nor when modding anything else, only when I use the render window...

Suggestions please?
06-03-2010, 04:43 PM,

Hi Anastassia, that's a sign that your models and textures are missing. Are you sure you still have the Silgrad_Tower.bsa? And if so, are you sure you still have the .ini files set up to use it?

Go into your "My Games/Oblivion" directory, find ConstructionSet.ini, and add ", Silgrad_Tower.bsa" to the end of the SArchiveList line. You might need to do the same thing with Oblivion.ini for when you playtest.
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM,

Ahh that's it, I forgot about the ini file. Thank you very much =)
06-11-2010, 04:22 PM,

This is what I've done so far, blue means finished, purple is where I'll place the farms, that's where I'm at, I want to put in some crops and cattle pens, things like that, so, are there any farms around that I can see to use as reference?... because I want to do this but I have no clue as to how to, or if you have specific models to use here. TIA.
06-11-2010, 05:05 PM,

Hi Anastassia Smile

I have created some farms in the Soluthis farmland region. You can order by editor ID and the cells would start with 'Solfarmland' within the STLand world space. I feel they still need some work but you may get some ideas. As far as ST farm assets go we do not have many. I had to improvise in some instances as you can see around cell STLAND -3, 38. Also look at the two farms around cell -8, 37. The rest of the farmland area has some smaller farms that I have laid out.

I am not sure what type of elves dominate your area if any. But st/dunmer/exterior has some farm stuff I had used. But I feel in most cases it would be fine to use in most areas, as in the grain silo.

Barrels, handtools, troughs, planks, etc. are a matter of seeking what is available within our assets. As usual if you need something we dont have then OB would be appropriate if it fits with the culture of the area.

If you need further assistance I will be around.

Have a great day
Zurke
06-11-2010, 07:05 PM,

I see.... then I'll see if I can make some sugarcanes to put around, it should't be much trouble.

Thank you very much Zurke =)