Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
07-01-2009, 10:31 PM,

I was just testplaying again, and I realized something .. well, it's a little bit annoying. The whole jungle sounds etc. sound pretty amazing and realistic. It adds alot to the atmosphere. Problem is: Once you enter a wooden hut, there is complete silence, which does absolutely NOT add to the atmosphere. I was thinking about maybe taking the jungle sounds we have, muffling them and adding instances of those inside the houses? Thought that would be pretty cool, you'd have to think about the increased filesize though.
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
07-01-2009, 10:46 PM,

that is a very good idea.

I hope you have the newest files up tomorro, hopefully i will have the time to play-test.
07-02-2009, 07:47 AM,

Thanks for the welcome, drmccoy!
I can do some testing, btw, if something needs texturing/retexturing, I would be glad to help.
And for the Treecity, are we going to use it? If not - I can suggest it in the marshes, but it really fits Valenwood and the Tree elves.
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-02-2009, 08:06 AM,

I don think tgat we are goiing to use the treecity since we already has the buildings and trees to finish off the islands.
07-02-2009, 08:24 AM,

I think simon is right. It would have been great if we were still making the mainland, but I think we'll be unlikely to try that again (until, perhaps, TES5 is released and interest in the modding community is revived).

@simonp92:

Do you think you could model some "linker" sections for the caves which would allow them to tile together properly?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-02-2009, 08:34 AM,

hmm, yes, but it would look kind a weird. since it should be used every time a new tile is used.. i will give it a try and see how it looks.

I dont have that much time to test or model today, but tomorro.
07-02-2009, 10:14 AM,

Great to hear we have a texturer onboard!

Last night, while I made something I will release to you shortly, I came up with two important questions:

1. Has the gigantic cave for the mainquest, the one holding the wrecking stone, been done yet? If not, will it be done in the near future? If not, should I start building the cave?

2. A proposal. Since we're only going to do the Abecean Isles, wouldn't it be much better for the mod if, once the mainquest has been completed, the player would travel back to cyrodil with the ship? He could use it as a kind of teleport between Valenwood and Cyrodil, and the gameflow would not be held back by a message like:"You shippered another few days until you reached the beautiful costs of Valenwood. Unfortunatelly, this concent has not been created. Have some more fun on the Isles."
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
07-02-2009, 11:00 AM,

Drmccoy i checked through the Island and i noticed some spots that could be used as a random cave. But it's just a suggestion Smile
In: TES4 Valenwood :check:

Spider Cave 60% :check:

Impossible is nothing, and nothing is impossible.
07-02-2009, 11:05 AM,

Well, I guess I'm not the one to judge that. If everybody else is fine with more dungeons to crawl through, I'll be fine with it. I also thought about the shaman maybe being able to send you to your dreams, kindof like the mage guild quest in the vanilla. But that's only a very vague sidequest idea.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
07-02-2009, 03:09 PM,

Hmmm that would be a good idea but won't the scripting be hard?
In: TES4 Valenwood :check:

Spider Cave 60% :check:

Impossible is nothing, and nothing is impossible.