Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deeza's Plan for the Abacean Isles release
01-30-2009, 10:10 AM,

not bad! =D I think we'll be able to get a release after all. Right now I'm still fighting with Olurions AI.
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
01-30-2009, 10:23 AM,

Nice to see this activity at this project.
Good to know,there are some people is still working on this.
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM,

Please keep in mind that I still need some dialogue for some characters on the ship (Not the towncrier, olurion and the captain)!

Edit: Rugg and the captain have died on the ship.

Edit 2:

Alright, I have just completed the Ship.esp. I'm still waiting for a little dialogue direction by Deeza. I will continue working on the mainquest in the same esp. Just wanting to let you guys know that "the shipping part" is done.

Update on the .esm

Ok, after several issues during startup, most of them having to do with incorrect naming (i've ended up with loads of duplicates (?)), I can tell you , that yes, there are leveledMonsters wandering around, but no pathgrid. I guess I'l start pathing the islands for a beginning.

PS: You might find it interesting to know that there's no landmass displayed ingame whatsoever for the abescian islands. Trees etc. are present though.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM,

Do you think you can fix the duplicate issue? If not, we may have to pass it on to Sandor later (he's the expert on that sort of thing). The bottom line is - are you still able to work on it?

If you could do the pathgrid that would be great.

Here's the dialogue you asked for:

Craelius Marcus: "I'm Craelius, South Seas Company junior legal counsel. To tell you the truth, this is the first time I've left the Imperial City. And n-n-now I have to sail to Valenwood! Do you think it will be safe? I can't swim!"

Boldur: "May the wind be on your back, passenger. I'm Boldur, the first mate. What I don't know about ships isn't worth knowing. I was a sea reaver in my youth, but of course I've long ago put that behind me [Laughs]"

Sammanul: "The name is Sammanul, and yes, I am an Ashlander. I fight for whoever pays me, and right now the South Seas company is paying me to keep you safe. Good day to you."

Vuldon gro-Murlok: "That Dunmer thinks he runs this ship. Look at him prancing all over like he's some kind of general. If I wasn't being paid to follow his orders I'd take him down with one hand tied behind my back."

Rugg: [The orc mercenary ignores you]

"Jawbreaker" gro-Ghazul: "I've got no time for chit-chat with the likes of you. Let's keep things professional, understand? You're a passenger and we're your guards, so let me get on with my job!"

Edit:
I have the same problem. I believe that its caused by compatibility issues with another mod. We will try to get that fixed later on. My copy of Oblivion is so over-modded it barely works. I need to do a clean reinstall.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM,

I have no mods installed other than VW. It's not showing up whatsoever, and well.. It's quite hard to do the work that way.

Yes, I am able to continue my work because of the dublicateIssues. It doesn't actually conflict with anything. I hope the landscape won't have to be redone. I did the pathgrid thingie and am currently at the stage where he's supposed to fight of the spiders. Which is working great aswell, but .. I'm not quite able to playtest it since the landmass is missing. If we could get that fixed somehow soon, I could make the quests a lot less buggier i believe :yes:

Edit: the Dialogue has been done, but I need more crazy lines for Craelius!
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM,

about the voice acting..

it could try asking the old Cyrodiil upgrade team, which i once was a part of, if anybody would be interrested in doing a few lines for us, i especially has a female voice actor in my mind,,

you think it would be a good idea??
01-31-2009, 12:44 PM,

@simonp92:

Yes, definitely - voice actresses are quite rare! I think Ibsen's Ghost used to work with the CUT as well, but perhaps he used a different name... I really should PM him and ask if he is interested in helping.

By the way, have you tried playing the mod yet? There seem to be some issues with the landscape not appearing in-game and I wanted to know if you have a similar problem.

@drmccoy:

Its strange about the invisible ground. I think we will need sandor to take a look at it, but he's really hard to find. And yet, I know that it CAN work, because windsurfer used to make videos of the islands in-game. Perhaps it's an issue with an update patch for the game?

More dialogue for Craelius:
"It's beautiful out here. The cheese, the sweetrolls... they no longer matter. Don't you see, I am now at one with my inner mudcrab! Now there is nothing I cannot do!"
"The fish! They are all around me, nibbling! But I'm smarter than them. I'll turn the tables, just you wait!"

01-31-2009, 01:15 PM,

Currently asking in the official bethesda cs forum about the landscape matter. Quest Progress = Player and Sammanul are checking the larger island for food and water.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-31-2009, 01:45 PM,

Cool! I hope you get some answers.

Did you manage to find out if the side-quest was working or not?

01-31-2009, 02:04 PM,

I didn't check it. Besides the landmass, the houses and the cave are missing aswell. The door to the cave is not working and the door to the little ship on the larger island is locked impossible. I haven't found any other NPCs besides mine so far. I'm creating the bosmer hunters atm.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress: