Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialogue. Listen or read?
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM,
Dialogue. Listen or read?
since oblivion doesnt feature the same text based chat with NPCs have we given any though to what we might do in place of that? Im no scripter so the difficulty of creating a text based communication system isnt something im familiar with but just something we might want to consider.
If im not back in 5 minutes...wait longer
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM,
RE: Dialog. Listen or read?
A voiced dialogue will make the dialog much funnier and it will make the game more realistic then if we make a text dialog, but the big problem to create a voiced dialogue is that we will need MANY voice actors and pretty good equipment to record everything which we may and may not have. Also the voice acting will be a very large part as there will be pretty much NPC's, lets say we have like 1000+ NPC's or more and we have to voicecast everyone the mod will be huge. Look at the size of Bethesda's DVD, 4.5GB voice and that is only for about 1000+ NPC's.

I want voiced dialogue but I believe we might not be able to do this because of the lack of equipment and the high size the mod will be.
Also, I'm not a english speaking person so don't count on me to do great voicecasting but I can do some if we have to.

But if we cant make voiced dialogue to every NPC's in the game I think at least we should make it to the important NPC's like Vivec and Nerevarine and such and then make text dialogue to the rest. And if we have time we can start to make it to the "less important" NPC's.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
11-02-2005, 06:34 PM,
RE: Dialog. Listen or read?
There was a thread other on the official forums about a new microphone and program that can record. It seemed pretty good quality and was a great bargin at around I think $40. I doubt I'll be able to find the thread again though. It was a coupole of weeks ago.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
11-02-2005, 08:40 PM,

you guys bring up a good point...
something I have been apprehensive about since day 1
...I would like to have voice dialogue... damn, I'd do 100 NPCs if I had to.... but yes, it will be very hard unless more than 1 of us has/gets a voice recording program that is good... and compatible...
11-02-2005, 08:50 PM,

IIRC, the program I was referreing to could create files in a ton of different forms (wav, midi, mov, wmv, etc.). Maybe I'll go do a search on the web for some recording programs, and I might get lucky and find it.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
11-02-2005, 09:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ixidors Bane
IIRC, the program I was referreing to could create files in a ton of different forms (wav, midi, mov, wmv, etc.). Maybe I'll go do a search on the web for some recording programs, and I might get lucky and find it.

let us know how it goes ok? thanks :goodjob:
11-02-2005, 09:59 PM,

I herd that the Oblivion CS is able to record vioces by itself.
11-02-2005, 10:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Rincewind
hope your right, but you are going to need a microphone contraption anyhow right?
...wow, haven't used the word contraption in a long time... Big Grin
11-02-2005, 10:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Rincewind

Wouldn't you like to hear those Ashlander names out loud. :lmao:
If mod is going to have recorded coices, it's size will go way up. I don't mind, but some could.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-02-2005, 11:21 PM,

ashlander names... Daedric Shrine names... oh sh*t

try saying names like Assurdan Serdimapal or Ibanammu Assutladainab except like a hundred plus of them... Big Grin