Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragos's models
01-05-2006, 12:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
So here is that plant... Sad( It is very crapy and the poly of this is about 70000. Sad((((((((((((((((
Maybe if I apply the texture will look better.Can you convert the original texture from DDS to PNG and send it to me?

It's not bad I think, and the poly count can always be optimized in 3D Studio Max. But Blender is a dead end, and since I believe the program can't export to the .3ds format there's a substantial risk that the models you make in it will be locked away from use in Oblivion mods. Sad Just thought I'd mention that.

I think I can convert the textures, but the texture files Bethesda used are in TGA format (can be downloaded here). Do you still want me to convert them? Btw they're Bethesda's assets so ultimately we won't be able to use them legally, but they can of course be used as placeholders for the purpose of setting up texture maps on the meshes and later one could just switch them out with textures adapted for the model.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-05-2006, 12:41 PM,

I can export to obj...and you can import from 3dsmax my obj.But I need the texture first.Oh and I forgot!

LN:My models I posted at TR were just to prepare myself for OB engine!I know OoT is closed!And if have seen I posted my models in my showcase.So...whatever... :no:
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-05-2006, 02:10 PM,

I can export to obj...and you can import from 3dsmax my obj.But I need the texture first.Oh and I forgot!

Hmm... yes you're right, that might be possible. I'll be happy to test it out and see if I can optimize it. It'll make a very fine addition to the model collection. Big Grin

Here are the textures (original as well as .png). Let me know if the conversion I did worked.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-05-2006, 07:53 PM,

Lady Nerevar???What are you doing here?yeah you came here to tell me what a big shit my work is,am I right?However I now logged in again.But it is a bit annoying.I left TR.I joined ST.Then I was conviced to return.Then I tought I was baned.But I wasn't banned.Look!Every little thing that will insult me will make me leave the both projects!No offence to everyone.But now all the members from TR and ST think I am a naughty freakin' boy.It's not true!I just have some problems with my mind.So please forget everything that happened.And please stop this war!

ST: Don't tell anything about TR!
TR: Don't tell anything about ST!
I hope I was clear enough!

P.S:I see you Morden! X(

um.. no, i didnt come to harras you.and there was never any war.... if i rember corectly, anyone can be a membver of both ST and TR forums, so its not ilegal for me to be registered here... and your last post made very little sence to me.

bout the plant, i think its quite good. just a small pointer, in MW, the "branches" were separate from the plant "bulb". i sugest you do that in your version too (should be a simple splice job as far as i know). It provides alot of variation with a minimal amount of work.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-05-2006, 11:27 PM,

Completely off topic:

I'd like to advice everyone to heed Rodan's words of wisdom:

Quote:just sit back, relax, [...] and try to get my best work done

I understand that sometimes emotions flow high, but still ... Silgrad Tower is not the place for nobody to settle any quarrel with whomever on any place or forum on the internet.

My tolerance for flaming in general and cooking up old stew in particular is very, very close to zero and you don't want to mess with this proud old warrior.

So please, keep this gentle and keep this nice, talk about the things that are important here, which is our mutual hobby - modding for the Elder Scrolls games - and leave the war stories to those who've actually been there ...

Now back to the topic

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
01-06-2006, 12:16 AM,

well conducted guys :yes:

and horodnicdragos, great models :goodjob:
01-06-2006, 12:57 AM,

Have a beer on me, Quentin! :bananarock:

But keep the models coming. I would like to see the best comeforth! :yes:
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
01-06-2006, 02:34 AM,
dragos!
Dragos, I have heard of you. My brother does TR, I decided to do Silgrad after he showed me that stuff online can be accomplished. I thought Silgrad was better for me because I don't like him.
I believe I have seen that helmet model before. Perhaps in our silverwood city plug-in? I thought he said you let us use it...
O-well. Nice to see you join the other side of these confusing plug-ins.
To build a city is one thing. To leave it in the past is another.
Silverwood, the lost city, rebuilds itself from its past in the
Trio of Vvardenfall Lost Cities. Morrowind Summit. Summer
01-06-2006, 06:40 AM,

Well... If you really like that plant... here is the obj. Yeah.. and for Hurtoth of Silverwood I don't think you are his brother! And by the way. Lady Nerevar wrote: if I rember correctly, anyone can be a membver of both ST and TR forums, so its not ilegal for me to be registered here...
Well... then what happened what happened? And as Quentin Fortune said: So please, keep this gentle and keep this nice, talk about the things that are important here, which is our mutual hobby - modding for the Elder Scrolls games - and leave the war stories to those who've actually been there ...
So let's and this discution.

Edit: OMG!The obj file is 23 mb!I will try to host it somewhere.
01-06-2006, 08:36 AM,

Can someone help me?I compressed the obj and it is now 5mb.I applyed the texture too.Thanx a lot Razorwing. :yes: