Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwemer Progress Thread
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM,

I agree that the angular design looks better. Its just my personal opinion but it makes the dwermer architecture look more mechanical. The octagonal model makes it look like metal plates rivited and welded together, which fits with the dwemer mechanical knowlege. Where as the rounder higher poly version has a more persian/russian feel to it.
Titles:
-Newly apointed mayer of Southpoint
-Self apointed Master of the Universe
07-19-2006, 04:02 PM,

A good set of textures would be the orrery textures. You should try those, or use some textures converted from Morrowind
Lol what?
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
A good set of textures would be the orrery textures. You should try those, or use some textures converted from Morrowind
No. We're not making our mods dependent on the Orrery. And Morrowind textures... meh.
07-19-2006, 06:09 PM,

Yeah Axen has a *very* good point after all you have to *buy the Orrery* and your not suposed to use *morrowind textures* because of *copyright infringement* plus form what some of these guy here can do you can bet it will look 10 times beter than a modified morrowind textures. :goodjob:
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM,

Buy the Orrery :lmao:

...Sorry, that one cracks me up every time.
07-19-2006, 06:30 PM,

I think a nice bronze texture with some sort dented pattern to it would look really good.
Titles:
-Newly apointed mayer of Southpoint
-Self apointed Master of the Universe
07-19-2006, 06:54 PM,

They use brass, not bronze.
07-19-2006, 08:20 PM,

Wow Thanks everone for the suggestions and ideas and I'm liking the angular look Lady N suggested. Actually I'm on vacation right now in Egypt and it's competely a whole other world. Everything is antiquey and old but has this beauty, that you can't even imagine. I took tons of pictures of old buildings and unique buildings. It really opened my mind imaginateively and it might benifit in the creation of future Dwemer architecture and furnishing. I tried to get my 3D Package open on my laptop but it didn't work. So I have this other modelling program I had a CD of and im trying to learn it so I dont waste time waiting till i get home (august 12). Anyway when I finally learn the other 3d package I'll remodel the towers in multiple versions and even texure them and I'll post it up on the forums. Please understand, I might not be available all the time and will go on when i can. Wish me luck. Wink I got lucky and got on a dial-up connection to see the posts.

Edit: If anyone wants to help with the dwemer project, they are more than welcome to. Big Grin
Semper Fidelis..... - Always Faithful (Marine Corp Motto)
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Killamike718
Actually I'm on vacation Right now in Egypt

i hate you so very, very, much. i wana go to egypt BADz!

as for textures, there are a few on my site that mght be usefull, like these for ex:

http://ladyn.tamriel-rebuilt.org/Texture...st%202.JPG
http://ladyn.tamriel-rebuilt.org/Texture...ey%203.JPG
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-19-2006, 11:48 PM,

I also think an angular tower design looks better than a round one, because it allures to 'hardness', 'sturdiness' and 'mechanical'. Of course the challenging part might be to keep that kind of design while still not make it seem low-poly.

Makes me think of Star Trek Big Grin The starship from the original series looks really crude by today's standards, because the creators didn't have the technology to make the scale model look better than it did. Then when they decided to do a prequel series to the original series - "Enterprise" / "Star Trek: Enterprise" - they had to make the starship model look less advanced than the one from TOS but still make it look highly detailed visually.

So that can be a challenge; staying true to the design, but not the crudeness. I'm sure it'll turn out great :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]