Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb11 - Relneth's Repairs (Claimed, Finished)
03-31-2008, 01:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Following TID's confirmation of the models' working I added the DunShackStepsShort.nif and DunShackStepsLong.nif from -this post- to the first BSA patch. I also added TID's nif from the post above this one.
I haven't tried them... I was probably a little bit unclear. SACarrow did say they do work in-game, however, and they probably will work with the NPCs.
03-31-2008, 01:34 AM,

I did not try them with NPCs; I was kinda hopin' ImaJunryou would. Smile However I was able to go up both without any hesitation while sneakily walking, so I'm confident that they'll work for NPCs.

Steve
03-31-2008, 05:35 PM,

I haven't had a chance to try them yet =( Got about half-way through testing the salvage quest, though. Ran into some problems with a journal entry, and now I am having problems with the CS itself -.- I'm hoping they'll work themselves out, so I can get back to finishing testing. If I get a chance, I'll try out the stairs tonight.

edit:

Not quite as quick as I had hoped -_-

Anyway, the new stairs and whatnot work great! Okan-Shei has no problems up or down with them, and neither does my character. Most awesome.

Haven't gone back to the lighthouse yet, so... no news there.

My construction set randomly decides that I'm not allowed any right-click functionality in the Quest Stage menu, which is preventing me from finishing the journal entries. It works sometimes, though, but I can't figure out a pattern to the madness yet. Sad I've got 6 more entries to finish up, then I have to test one little thing with Okan-Shei swapping classes at the end of his quest, test the second half of Relneth's Salvage Quest (even with Timescale to 10,000 it is taking me forever to go from beginning to end with that).

That's the last of my to-do list, I believe.

edit 2:

COCing into the lighthouse makes the exterior work just fine. Go figure.

Adding potions to Okan-Shei's chest is being problematic... I add -5 potions, assuming that a negative implies an infinite stack of 5... No? I might just be crazy there... Anyway, its showing up in the chest as 10768... Not 5 at all. Furthermore, Okan-Shei won't sell them. Is there a console command that I can use to check his class ingame, or must I hack a dialog solution to test for that swap? Finally, setting timescale to 30k makes time move very very very fast, and I'm finally getting somewhere with the salvage quest as a result ^.^

Yay for progress!
04-04-2008, 01:20 AM,

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been a little bit sick for a few days. Sick

Do you add -5 potions through a script? Could you maybe elaborate a little bit?

Also, does Okan-Shei have a level offset? I don't believe leveled characters can sell stuff.
04-04-2008, 04:09 AM,

In the result script for the reward Dialog. Looks like this:

Code:
SetClass STIJEbb11MerchAlcSmithPotion
OkanChest.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotN 10
OkanChest.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotA 10
OkanChest.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotJ 10
OkanChest.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotE 6
OkanChest.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotM 4
Player.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotN 4
Player.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotA 4
Player.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotJ 4
Player.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotE 4
Player.AddItem STIJEbb11OkanRanPotM 4
Player.AddItem Gold001 1500
SetStage STIJEbb11OkanQuest02 30

The OkanChest.AddItems were at negative values earlier, but making them positive seems to have fixed the madness with the huge quantities. The Chest referenced there is the chest Okan-Shei sells from, all his merchandise is there. I figure adding the potions to it would offer them to sell, but I'm concerned that they won't respawn with the rest of the chest... Further more, the SetClass doesn't seem to be working. Do I need to specify Okan-Shei in that line? Okan-Shei.SetClass? Is there a way to simply point to a separate chest for selling, through a script? That way I could just have a second chest with everything in it, and point him at that instead, problem solved (save his class won't change...).

Also, no he's not leveled. He's a firm level 4. He sells armor, and ingredients and weapons just fine. The class swap that removes his ability to repair items in the Repair Hammer quest works just fine. As far as I can tell, the class change made in Okan's quest is identical... That quest does everything his regular class does, plus it allows for selling potions... I dunno. I'll have to fiddle with it more later Sad For now its sleep time
05-07-2008, 04:26 AM,

So, I still can't figure out why Okan-Shei won't switch his class. The chest doesn't keep the potions in it, once it respawns either.

I have finally tested it all the way through, though, at long last. I've got 4 bugs/issues left, from what I can tell, and then I'm ready for review. Two of the problems are simply some small dialogue mixups. Easy to fix, no worries. The third is simply a reward that's given is wrong... Again, easy to fix. The last is Okan-Shei. For some reason, that I've yet to be able to figure out, finishing his quest doesn't... doesn't do what it should do. His class doesn't change. His container doesn't retain the potions. His branches of Relneth's rewards don't trigger. It's a mess. I think it could be as simple as an And/Or being toggled wrong, there's just a lot of dialog to go through to find it >.<

So!

A few very minor issues, and a stubborn, likely equally minor, issue left, then expect a shiny upload.

Any advice on how to change the container that Okan-Shei sells from would be appreciated.

edit:

Would it work if I set up a series of containers with the extra goods I want Okan to sell, mark Okan as the owner, and simply enable the container at that leg of the quest?

edit 2:

Victory! I set up a few containers with different levels of rewards, based on what the player does, which start disabled. When the player finishes the mission, one of the 3 chests is enabled. I got rid of the extra class, and the class change, and instead chose to simply allow Okan-shei to buy and sell potions from the get-go. He doesn't have any potions to sell until after his quest is done, though. I also found out why his potions weren't being distributed at certain times in the scrap quest, and that's fixed now too. Dialogue bugs are stamped out, as far as I can tell.

I think I'm finally done with Relneth's Repairs. It is attached for review, cheat chest has been removed, so if you plan to go all the way through, you're in for a long haul. Good luck! Lemmi know if there's anything else wrong (please, say it ain't so!), but I think I've got it.

:bananarock:
05-07-2008, 05:07 AM,

How's married life treating you? Smile

You sound so close; would you mind uploading your ESP here? I've not done much OB scripting, but I did a bit of MW stuff and programming is my trade. Big Grin Maybe I'll see something. Additionally you might PM Dephenistrator; I think he has a lot of OB scripting expertise.

Almost there,
Steve
05-07-2008, 05:36 AM,

Forgot to attach it ^^; Also, thanks for the offer of help. ESP is now attached, and everything should be (AT LAST!) shiny.

Enjoy ^.^
05-07-2008, 11:22 AM,

It's looking great! :goodjob: I had a look and made a couple of quick notes and questions:

- Does Relneth have a PonderItem object for a specific reason?
- ST NPCs now need to be members of the StSrGenDialsForST faction in order to work with our version of the generic quest. Could you add this faction to the two NPCs?
- I would give the STIJEbb11BrokenIronGreaves and STIJEbb11BrokenOrcishCuirass items less base health so there's a reason why the base item is "broken". Don't want the player stealing them and then fixing them and still seeing "broken" in the item title. Smile
- It looks like the player won't really be able to decide what apparatus to give Okan-Shei in STIJEbb11OkanQuest02. Perhaps it would be best to set up a choice set up for each individual apparatus, more like the armour in Relneth's second quest?
- Did the repeatable stages for the final Relneth quest end up working as intended in Relneth's second quest?
05-07-2008, 04:42 PM,

From 3pm to... I don't remember off the top of my head... Later in the evening, Relneth is down in his little shop-like area, pondering away what to do about the armor. That's the purpose of the ponderitem. I couldn't find any sort of 'swing-a-repair-hammer' animation to have him do instead, but admittedly, I'm not sure where to look for that sort of thing ^^ PonderItem was an easy second-place. If you've alternate suggestions, I'm interested Big Grin

I can add them to that faction, sure.

No problem with the armor bits as well.

I'll see what I can do about the apparatus choices, but that's gonna be a couple days, as there's gonna be some sizable changes to the dialog entries to accomidate that.

Far as I can tell, Relneth's quest works like a charm. Anything stand out as not making sense? I went through it, all the way to the last repeatable reward, and you get the quest and rewards reliably each and every time.

I added 3 chests, all overlapping in the exact same space, in the storage room at the bottom of the stairs. They're disabled by default, but I was curious on if they're positioned ok. I didn't notice any clipping into the adjacent crates myself, but you've a much finer eye to those sorta details =)

Also, I have Relneth's and Okan's selling chests clearly visible to the player, with locks that can be picked open on them =/ I was considering locking the door to that room with a Needs a Key lock, using the key on Relneth and Okan, so that a resourceful player could get some ill-gotten gains. Is that alright? Should the chests be completely inaccessible? What about making it a bit harder than simply pickpocketing the lizard? Separate keys for the chest, hidden somewhere in the shop, maybe? Or is it a-ok as it is?

On a similar vein, though this may be more work than I imagine, what about having the scrap that's given to Relneth be moved to some of the crates in the room at the bottom of the stairs? The crates respawn with junk, and I can set them so that their contents aren't sold by Okan or Relneth. Having the scraps moved to the containers, rather than simply vanished from the world, would be interesting, me thinks. What to do about security though... Would be awefully easy for a resourceful character to simply deplete the stores, and continue to hand the same scrap back and forth... More keys? More locks? A rabid Guard Rat? Simply don't move the scrap? Also, most shop NPCs follow the player when they're out of sight. I can't seem to get Okan-Shei or Relneth to exhibit this behavior... How does one go about that, as it'd help a lot with curbing theft.

edit:

Upon looking at my armor bits, their health is already reduced. Orcish is 800 down from 1200, and the iron is something like 33 instead of 200 or so... Did you mean something else?

Also, for the Generic faction, and also Culumaira's Mage Guild faction, any particular ranks? Or just leave them at 0?