Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebb11 - Relneth's Repairs (Claimed, Finished)
03-22-2008, 04:01 PM,

ImaJunryou: I had a look at the interior and made a few changes. It was mostly minor stuff like a fixed floater here (you can't see some of them if you don't have the private models) and a resized candlepuddle there - feel free to have a look if you'd like. I don't think I'll go over the dialogue again because the main thing now will be if it works. =) I attached the ESP file with the fixes and somewhat cleaned dialogue (just the HELLO, INFOGENERAL, and other ones you didn't change, GREETING wasn't cleaned because you did use it).

Does this ESP make any changes to Ebbedin's exterior?

EDIT: Almost forgot: happy Easter to you too. Smile
03-24-2008, 06:55 PM,

Thanks, I'll download it at give it a good run through tonight. I don't think I made any changes to the exterior. I shouldn't have... If there are any changes, they're unintentional, unneccesary, and unwanted Smile Shouldn't be, though.
03-24-2008, 06:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ImaJunryou
Thanks, I'll download it at give it a good run through tonight. I don't think I made any changes to the exterior. I shouldn't have... If there are any changes, they're unintentional, unneccesary, and unwanted Smile Shouldn't be, though.

Okay, thanks. Smile
03-26-2008, 04:51 AM,

Got through testing the first two quests for Okan and Relneth. I managed to bug both and then fix them. Relneth's second quest was also bugged, due to misplaced And/Or's but now fixed too. Still have to test Okan's second quest, and more thoroughly go through the salvage one to make sure I didn't break too much more -_-.

Almost done testing, though ^.^ Yay. What else... Relneth vanished once, and I'm not sure why. Maybe fell through the floor, though I couldn't find him. Hasn't happened a second time. If it happens more than once, and I can't figure out why, I'll bring it up again.
03-26-2008, 06:12 AM,

Almost done testing, though ^.^ Yay. What else... Relneth vanished once, and I'm not sure why.

Yeah, I hate it when NPCs do that. Big Grin Sometimes it's something in the AI, and other times it's something they just *do*. It happens a lot when I'm playtesting quests and it can get pretty frustrating. If it happens again and if you want you can post your save game file and I'll look around for him.

I find a lot of NPCs appear at the coordinates 0, 0 in our worldspace. I have yet to figure out why exactly, I think it's just a bug in the game with loading a new ESP. Confusedhrug: There shouldn't be anything in the AI of NPCs to make them appear in the middle of Deepen Moor. To check, you can enter "cow SilgradTowerLand 0 0" in console. Expect to see a few NPCs there at least. If you don't see any, let me know because I'd be interested in that. When you're done, you can teleport back to Ebbedin quickly using "coc Ebbedin02" in console. That will bring you right back to Craighton's General Store.

Something else you might be able to do is set up a playtesting "quest" with Relneth as the only target. That way you only need to follow the marker to find him. You might want to keep your good version of Ebbedin11 separate though if you do this - add it to a for-playtesting-only Ebbedin11 file.
03-27-2008, 04:35 AM,

Alright, another update, this time with some nifty pictures Big Grin

Relneth's vanishing first up! He went poof again, and I went to 0,0 as suggested. Not a single NPC there. There was a mushroom in the water though. I imagine that's there on purpose, as it seems rather well placed to be an accident... So, I waited on top of the mushroom for a day, then COC'd back to Ebbedin. Relneth was trapped in the wall of the house. I've had this happen before Sad Is it a pathgrid problem? I don't have a lot of wiggle-room between the open stairwell and the shelves for a walkway.

Stair-catching problem is next up! The first pic shows the stairs just east of Relneth's Repairs, on the south side of that walkway. Walking from the dirt onto the walkway I get stuck near the middle. Walking near the edges unsticks me sometimes. NPCs have a hit-and-miss chance of getting up. Running at it provides no problems, though. Raising it helps a little bit, but there's still catching. The second pic shows the wooden ladder that catches. All of the ladders, save one, catch badly on the bottom, to the point where I have to jump to make it up them. The third pic is of the ladder that I can safely walk up and down without issue. It is angled a lot gentler, which may have something to do with it.

Another random thing, I swam to the lighthouse for a look, as I've never been there before, and I can't get inside through the front door. It simply doesn't register as a door. I remember a forum post on that issue some time back, so I think that's already known about... If not, there ya go Big Grin

I've added in a number of new journal entries to Relneth's scrap quest, as I forgot a few and it made the quest journal for it look funny. The quest itself looks to work dandy. A question, though. Can I simply use the console command 'Set Gameday to #' to skip ahead by a week for quest testing purposes, or will that not work? There's a week between salvage quests, and about 50 salvage quests to be tested in order to be sure that all of the shiny rewards work as advertised, with about 30 seconds of waiting for a single day to go by... Unless my math is fuzzy (likely ^_^), that's a nice 3 hours of waiting for time to pass :eek: I haven't had a solid 3 hours to sit down and do anything in one sitting for about a month now, so that's a bit of a problem for testing this quest thoroughly... So, if there's a better way (that console command, for example), lemmi know Big Grin I'm off to bed now, though. If there's not any replies, I'll fiddle with the console 'til I find a better way, as 3 hours is excessive Sad

Finally, Both of Okan's quests now work fine, and Relneth's first quest, in both of its variations seems to work nice and flawlessly. All that's left, unless I'm forgetting something, is to test out this salvage quest from beginning to end. Between tomorrow night, and late Sunday night, I should find time to get it done. Then I should finally be done. Those tend to be famous last words, though, so we'll see Big Grin

Pardon my crappy handwriting in the pics, paint with a mouse isn't my strong point Wink
03-27-2008, 06:10 PM,

I've redone the short ladder and tried it out in Ebbedin; as far as my PC goes, it seems to work fine while walking. To replace the NIF, go to Data\Meshes\ST\Dunmer\Shack\Decoration\Exterior and copy this model into the directory. If you're paranoid, feel free to rename the old one. Smile I doubled the number of rungs. If this works for your NPCs, then I'll send the model on to Razorwing. As for the stairs, that'll require an exterior realignment. I'll try that and include the ESP later in this message.

HTH,
Steve

EDIT: The promised ESP, which only raises the stairs up a few units, but I discovered something, I think. If you look at the enclosed screen (taken under tcg), you'll see phantom collision from the base NIF; crenellations, from the look of them. Those must either be flattened or the PGs must work around them.

EDIT #2 To have them in the same place, here's the long "ladder" with more rungs. My NPC walked up easily even while walking while sneaking.

[Image: th_FossilCollision.jpg]
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM,

Relneth's vanishing first up! He went poof again, and I went to 0,0 as suggested. Not a single NPC there. There was a mushroom in the water though. I imagine that's there on purpose, as it seems rather well placed to be an accident... So, I waited on top of the mushroom for a day, then COC'd back to Ebbedin. Relneth was trapped in the wall of the house. I've had this happen before Sad Is it a pathgrid problem? I don't have a lot of wiggle-room between the open stairwell and the shelves for a walkway.

Can you show me where exactly you found him?

Another random thing, I swam to the lighthouse for a look, as I've never been there before, and I can't get inside through the front door. It simply doesn't register as a door. I remember a forum post on that issue some time back, so I think that's already known about... If not, there ya go Big Grin

I'll take a look at that.

A question, though. Can I simply use the console command 'Set Gameday to #' to skip ahead by a week for quest testing purposes, or will that not work? There's a week between salvage quests, and about 50 salvage quests to be tested in order to be sure that all of the shiny rewards work as advertised, with about 30 seconds of waiting for a single day to go by... Unless my math is fuzzy (likely ^_^), that's a nice 3 hours of waiting for time to pass :eek: I haven't had a solid 3 hours to sit down and do anything in one sitting for about a month now, so that's a bit of a problem for testing this quest thoroughly... So, if there's a better way (that console command, for example), lemmi know Big Grin I'm off to bed now, though. If there's not any replies, I'll fiddle with the console 'til I find a better way, as 3 hours is excessive Sad

You can try to use 'set gameday' if you want, but if I recall correctly it didn't work when I was playtesting a quest from a while back. A fun alternative was setting the 'timescale' to about 3000 or higher. Time will fly quite literally... The default value is 30.

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
EDIT: The promised ESP, which only raises the stairs up a few units, but I discovered something, I think. If you look at the enclosed screen (taken under tcg), you'll see phantom collision from the base NIF; crenellations, from the look of them. Those must either be flattened or the PGs must work around them.
I'll remove those from the NIF. That should help.

I'll also send sandor the link to the ESP you posted for merging.
03-28-2008, 10:13 PM,

I attached an NIF with updated collision. Just drop the contents from the 'Data' folder of the attached archive into your Oblivion Data folder and let it replace that one NIF.

EDIT: The updated NIF collision works in-game as expected. Smile

I had a look at the lighthouse and the door worked for me. Confusedhrug: I used 'coc Ebbedin10' to get there. I think there's a bug that prevents certain doors from being activated depending on which side of the door was loaded first. I don't have the slightest clue about what would cause it, but it's not the first time I've seen it. I'll have to look a little more into it.

Can you coc to the interior and tell me if the door works?
03-31-2008, 12:52 AM,

Following TID's confirmation of the models' working I added the DunShackStepsShort.nif and DunShackStepsLong.nif from -this post- to the first BSA patch. I also added TID's nif from the post above this one.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]