Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Models
10-26-2006, 08:40 PM,

Sad What I meant was screenshots. Don't worry, I'm just like you with these things Big Grin
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
10-26-2006, 08:44 PM,

Any in particular, or just a tour around the scenic swamps of the BC, probably around Ebbedin? Smile

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: If you have a tree preference for your first attempt, that would be great.
10-27-2006, 11:30 AM,

Just shots of the trees, some variants would be great, make sure that the tree is the main focus of the picture.

Thanks =)

-FLESH

EDIT: One tree, and two variants of it would be great for my first attempt.
10-27-2006, 12:06 PM,
Somes screeners of BC Tree 02
Here are some shots from different angles of a tree (mesh Flora_BC_Tree_02.nif) just outside the Steadhelm town square. If you would like to try this tree as a starting point, just direct me as which pix you want to be taken.

Thanks,
Steve

SACarrow has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: tn_attachment-5701.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-5702.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-5703.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-5704.jpg] [Image: tn_attachment-5705.jpg]
BC Tree 02 Pic 1.jpg (218 KB) | BC Tree 02 Pic 2.jpg (213.23 KB) | BC Tree 02 Pic 3.jpg (187 KB) | BC Tree 02 Pic 4.jpg (235 KB) | BC Tree 02 Pic 5.jpg (206 KB)
10-27-2006, 07:23 PM,
RE: Somes screeners of BC Tree 02
Yeah, that looks good. Not a tree of many branches then? I'm ok with that. The leaves will look totally different though, and it will look more like a tree.
10-27-2006, 07:40 PM,

I suspect looking more like trees will not be a bad thing. Smile Trees IMHO were the weakest graphical objects in Morrowind. IATE & TID of course have the final say, but it looks like the MW designers were going for a "canopy of fronds" approack where the trunk and major branches had a deciduous, almost oak-like appearance, while the minor branches and leaves were more like the fronds of palms.

But what do I know? Big Grin
Steve
10-27-2006, 11:38 PM,

Ever seen a willow tree? Wink

http://www.ianw.org/photos/maryland/17-willow.jpg

Not quite the same, but either way it works. It would be best to have it as close as possible to the TES3 one, 'cause the trees were the defining element for the Bitter Coast in my opinion, that and all the mud and mushrooms. =)

Good teamwork, btw. :goodjob:
10-28-2006, 05:14 AM,

Quote:Ever seen a willow tree? Wink

Never, being from West Virginia and all that. Big Grin To kids from the South, the phrase "willow switch" still brings a shiver. Smile

But seriously folks, I think that BC Tree model 03 (screener included) is a lame attempt at either a willow or a dead tree draped with Spanish moss. And "real" trees like that are important to establish the "swamp" feel. At the same time, I agree with TID that's it's important to also maintain an alien feel to some of the vegetation so we remember that it's the BC and not the Everglades.Smile

With model 02, what strikes me as alien is the spoonlike effect of the leaf structure on each branch. Having no idea at all how SpeedTree works, I thought one approach might be to attach palm fronds to the main branches of a deciduous skeleton to get both that effect and tree behavior. If SpeedTree does not allow mix-and-match tree parts, then I got nuthin'. Smile

Later,
Steve
10-28-2006, 08:46 PM,

Just as an extra, Flesh, you don't have to do this one, but it would be nice if someone could model something like this so we don't have to use the cheap cypress knees.
[Image: 195889.jpg]

Here are some inspirations for some good trees
[Image: cypress-tree.jpg]
[Image: cypress%20tree.JPG]
Lol what?
10-28-2006, 10:57 PM,

Ok, new request.

I want someone to create a Swamp Will-o-the-Wisp for Ebbedin, whether it be just a recolor or a whole new creature. I tried it myself to turn it green but it stayed yellow no matter what. I even changed the coloring in NIFScope and it still stayed yellow. I bet I could even edit the hue settings on my monitor and it would still remain yellow.
Lol what?