Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebbedin Models
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM,

You want to edit the particles, not the actual texture.
10-30-2006, 11:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
On the topic of SpeedTree, Razorwing, I believe you wanted me to fix up some problmes with the trees I made? Now would be a great time to remind me which trees and what problems Big Grin

I'm sorry for taking so long.

As good as all the oak trees you made have leaf clusters floating in mid-air. It's especially pronounced on the Large Adult variety, as several leaf clusters on them collide with the ground. It would look much better if you could fix that, when you find the time.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-09-2006, 11:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
On the topic of SpeedTree, Razorwing, I believe you wanted me to fix up some problmes with the trees I made? Now would be a great time to remind me which trees and what problems Big Grin

I'm sorry for taking so long.

As good as all the oak trees you made have leaf clusters floating in mid-air. It's especially pronounced on the Large Adult variety, as several leaf clusters on them collide with the ground. It would look much better if you could fix that, when you find the time.

Thats just it, I look at it in ST, and it's fine, nothing touches the ground, there are some floaters, I will try to fix that, but go into the CS, get a Beth tree, and increase the size, you will see what I mean, they have a lot of floating too. I hope I can reduce it.

EDIT: Some problems, first, Ebbedin trees, I can make it have no leaves, butr once I add them, it's just not worth it, would you preffer them not to have any leaves?

Second, RP trees, because I have searched through ST, and not found any severe floating problems, I tried to fix it still, it only makes it looks worse, especially if you are standing under the tree. Would you like me to go on Razor? I just can't see where it goes into the ground, all my branches point upwards.

-FLESH
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
11-11-2006, 04:27 PM,

Thats just it, I look at it in ST, and it's fine, nothing touches the ground, there are some floaters, I will try to fix that, but go into the CS, get a Beth tree, and increase the size, you will see what I mean, they have a lot of floating too. I hope I can reduce it.

EDIT: Some problems, first, Ebbedin trees, I can make it have no leaves, butr once I add them, it's just not worth it, would you preffer them not to have any leaves?

Second, RP trees, because I have searched through ST, and not found any severe floating problems, I tried to fix it still, it only makes it looks worse, especially if you are standing under the tree. Would you like me to go on Razor? I just can't see where it goes into the ground, all my branches point upwards.

I must have made a mistake, sorry - it seems to be just the "SilgradOakMatureManyBranchesSU" type that has a leaf cluster colliding with the ground.

Dunno what you see as severe floating problems, but I think clusters clearly detached from any branch, like in the screenies below, are. It looks rather funny in-game.

By the way, out of curiousity, do you know what the images in "textures\trees\billboards\" are about? Do you think that making images like those for your trees would offer an advantage, or are their use hardcoded into the game?

It's not my place to comment about the Ebbedin trees but I have to say that leafless ones wouldn't feel very Bitter Coast for me. If their look can't be emulated properly with SpeedTree I guess I'd vote for us making static ones that do. Confusedhrug: That's not to critizise you in any way, I understand the program is limited.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
11-11-2006, 08:11 PM,

I agree with Razorwing I think that the leaves are a must. I mean they are what makes the trees look so alien and without them the trees would be too close to what they are in Vanilla Oblivion.
Titles:
-Newly apointed mayer of Southpoint
-Self apointed Master of the Universe
11-11-2006, 11:48 PM,

Now...how does all of this involve Ebbedin?
Lol what?
11-12-2006, 01:08 PM,

I really don't think I can make BC trees with Speed Tree, it just doesn't work. As for the screens, that just it Razor, I don't see any of those problems in Speed Tree when I check the trees out. Is it possible that they get garbled somehow upon importing into the CS?
11-12-2006, 05:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by walrus
I agree with Razorwing I think that the leaves are a must. I mean they are what makes the trees look so alien and without them the trees would be too close to what they are in Vanilla Oblivion.

There are some trees in the Bitter Coast that don't have leaves, but instead huge clumps of moss, or ivy, or whatnot hanging from the branches, those are also important, but it would be best to have a combination of leaf-ful and leaf-less trees.

As for the floating and bleeding, I have to agree with Razorwing about at least one of them bleeding into the ground. As for the floating, I haven't really ever looked that closely at the leaves in Beth's trees, but I still think that it would be best to have it as quality-bound as possible. Wink I'll have a look at some of Beth's trees in-game.
11-13-2006, 03:11 PM,

I think I may have solved Ebbedin's rock shortage. Smile
Angel mired in filth
11-13-2006, 06:47 PM,

No one seems to be paying attention to what I said. I can't fix something I can't see it, the errors are just NOT there is Speed Tree, and I mentioned earlier that when I make the trees go closer to the branches it makes the tree look completely different, and I don't like it. But perhaps you will? I will post some pics tomorrow.

As for the BC trees, sure I can make some without leaves, but with leaves, take the floating problem and worsen it by 10.

-FLESH