Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Entartet's Tower of Silgrad
12-07-2006, 04:34 AM,
Entartet's Tower of Silgrad
Hello,
since I?m working on the Tower of Silgrad I think I should open a new Thread were I post my progress.

here are the first screenshots:

Concept Art:

[Image: thumb_SilgradTowerCF.jpg]

Tower of Silgrad:
[GALLY]Entartet_2006-12-07_silgradtower1.jpg[/GALLY]

Tower of Silgrad with rectangular base:
[GALLY]Entartet_2006-12-07_silgradtowercubicbase.jpg[/GALLY]

detailed view of the top:
[GALLY]Entartet_2006-12-07_silgradtowertop.jpg[/GALLY]

some pics from other models (maybe you could need them):
[Image: elfendings1ic5.th.jpg]
[Image: hobithaus1ko7.th.jpg]
[Image: hobithausingamecc9.th.png]
the textures was just for testing purpose

and please post your improvment suggestions !!!
12-07-2006, 04:44 AM,
Nice!
Wow... Fellow Blender user, I salute you! =) Well done indeed, I like those models. That last one looks like a hobbit home. Smile

How many poly's is the tower so far?
12-07-2006, 05:03 AM,

new screenshot:

[GALLY]Entartet_2006-12-07_silgradtower2.jpg[/GALLY]

at the moment it has about 50000 Vertics and 60000 Faces
12-07-2006, 05:14 AM,

It looks breathtaking! =)

Might I suggest that you upload your renders to our gallery? You'd have to register there but that only takes a couple of seconds. The gallery gets quite a few visitors, so the images are great for showing prospective players and modders what the team is capable of. Also, images in the gallery can be accessed from anywhere, while one has to be logged onto the forum to see attached images, so attached images can't be used in, say, news item on the front page. TIA Smile

The farm house looks really good as well, but I'm unsure if it would fit into the cultures of this mod. Then again there are numerous outlanders in Morrowind and if they settled down and built themselves a home, one can argue that they would build it in their own architectural style. The Europeans didn't build tipis when they settled North America, so to speak. The only thing I think could be improved on them is the mapping around the circular doorframes, but then again everything else about them is pure perfection.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-07-2006, 06:47 AM,

holy sweet jesus! that's gorgeous!!
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
12-07-2006, 11:05 AM,

Impressed

Was wondering if you can plan at this stage for things like distance? Thing is that I was thinking that the Tower looks so huge that distance would be an important factor in looking at it - guess that's partly a technical question... ?

About the 'house-hut-rustic type building' was thinking that this is a northern style - for Blacklight perchance?, but there again it is so different to the usual Morrowindy styles could it be for peasant class Indoril. Reasoning being that it has the faintest touch of the curves in Almalexia's Temple of the Mournhold Exansion, but ... ? or Dres?

Another thought is that this might be an ancient style originally used by the Ayelid peasantry that has only survived as a 'country-style' of which the origins are generally forgotten?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-07-2006, 02:01 PM,

Generate LOD Mesh is no problem, but I'am not shure how much faces it should have 5000 ???
and if you like to use the farmhouse I could build more houses in that style

the style ? - hmm

Quote:Another thought is that this might be an ancient style originally used by the Ayelid peasantry that has only survived as a 'country-style' of which the origins are generally forgotten?

sounds like a good idea Smile

New screenshot, doors added
[Image: normal_Silgrad_Tower_doors.JPG]
12-07-2006, 02:19 PM,

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD THATS GOOD LOOKING !!! :eek:
Hide the petals underneath that bedroom floorboard
and they will wither without fail or success.
Put the people in the hollow box they crafted,
bolt the doors and watch them perish.
12-07-2006, 02:32 PM,

A splendid job! Smile
I am eager to see the final result.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM,

I need your help, couse I don't know which version I should take

Version 1:----------------------------Version 2:---------------------------------Version 3:
[Image: ver_3.JPG][Image: ver_2.JPG][Image: ver_1.JPG]

so which do you like the most ???