Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Reports
08-31-2009, 04:18 PM,

The new WD line of external drives is very decent and actually quite affordable. I'll be picking one up around the Christmas sale myself.
11-26-2009, 08:30 PM,

Some of the old team's items remain in the CS and may need to have their names changed to keep them less error-prone and more in line with our naming system so that sorting and organisation is easier. However, these items may have already made an appearance in the gameworld and I'd like to keep some of the old stuff there. Renaming can make things go screwy if the object has associations with people, places, quests and so on. One such example is this: Deeza's Big Ol' Black Marsh Literature List . Please alert me to any others as you come across them and I'll compose a list.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM,

While playtesting in Stormhold I noticed 2 things: a floating building (pic 1) and a missing texture (pic 2). I don't know whether these have already been noted, but I'm just pointing them out.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM,

Yeah, Stormhold's got a lot of stuff that needs doing around the city. I haven't seen that purple bit though. Just a quick point, I just spent most of the weekend adding interiors to Chasepoint and Tenmar Wall, saving as I go and, on one of those very rare occasions where I don't make multiple versions of what I'm working on, my shitty PC decides to crash and reboot right in the middle of me pressing 'save'. This meant that the whole weekend's work got corrupted and was lost. Shit doesn't just happen. It rains down in a big monsoon causing tsunami after tsunami!!! X(
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-13-2009, 07:10 PM,

I know exactly what you mean. [shudders after recalling painful memories of the computer's cruel crashes]

12-13-2009, 07:31 PM,

Hell yeah, I tried to launch OB without all of my plugins... Well It looked like Cyrodill got struck by Hurricane Katrina or someth else...

I am very sorry that I didnt pay due attention to modding for few months. Firstly it was caused by the deepest shit with my PC.. My father bought himself a Mac, and I had to move the PC to my room (at last its all mine!) but there was a lot of trouble to connect both of us to the Internet. Also I think I am forced to finish school this year.

In spite of that I'll try to mod as much as I can...
12-13-2009, 09:25 PM,

Good to hear it, doz. =) Best of luck with the school stuff...sounds like a rough time.
12-22-2009, 11:30 AM,

In the CS the Marsh Iron Cuirass has no texture.

I checked it out in nifskope and the filepath is wrong.
The current filepath reads: Textures\blackmarsh\armors\marshironcuirass.dds
when it should read: Textures\blackmarsh\armors\marshiron\m\marshironcuirass.dds

also, the rest of the Marsh Iron armour isn't in the CS yet.

Also, the Iguana Armour have no textures in the CS. I haven't checked that as well, but it's likely to be the same problem.

12-27-2009, 10:35 AM,

More missing textures.

Basically, it's all of Gideon. I presume that this was planned to be added in the next BSA, but I decided to point it out just in case.

12-27-2009, 11:27 AM,

No, that shouldn't be happening at all. Just looking at the models in NifSkope though, I noticed that the texture paths all pointed towards drive letter c. Do you have Oblivion installed on a different drive letter?

Sandor alerted this to me way back but PhiniusMaster, who modded Gideon, clearly wasn't aware of the problems that this can cause when he retextured the buildings. Thanks for this, JK. I'll have to retex these buildings and include them in the next archive update with proper texture pathing. It shouldn't cause any real problems in the long run though. It'll just make Gideon look a bit silly for a while.

If you wanted to see Gideon properly before the update then you could do the texture pathing yourself by going into NifSkope and setting up the paths so that they say things like 'textures-architecture-settlements-wallext05.dds instead of beginning with the 'c:\programfiles' path. It's a relatively small issue though. Nothing to worry about.