Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Bestiary
11-27-2005, 11:43 PM,

except for large cornered and starving 5ft long ones...
any others will run away... unless the conditions stated above are met... plus, I think rats are an imported species... they'd be more scared than aggressive... with all the cliffracers and Kwama to compete with.... cliff racers would scare the living hell out of ANY rat! :rofl:

EDIT: I know there was a nature-type mod for TES3 where animals had younglings (Big Grin) and hunted each other, and made dens, etc. ...I think that sort of stuff should be implemented in TES4 Vvardenfell...
11-28-2005, 02:38 AM,

not to rain on the parade or anything but there are A LOT of creatures on that list, and many of them will have to be made from scratch (i don't think the new CS is compatible with the old stuff) are we sure this is such a good idea?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
11-28-2005, 02:41 AM,

YES IT IS A GOOD IDEA!
well, what is Vvardenfell without its weird and wonderful creatures? I haven't even mentioned PLANTS! but I think Razorwing likes 'em and is willing to share... plus, I am working on muckspunge right now.... just don't know how to texture...
11-28-2005, 04:14 AM,

fine, i guess i'll refine my question, then (BTW i'm an amutuer modeler/texturer at best, so my authority may not be the one to trust here) do we think it's a feasible idea?

but yeah, what would morrowind be without its awesome flora and fauna?

and do we know for sure whther or not the old stuff is compatible?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
11-28-2005, 05:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
fine, i guess i'll refine my question, then (BTW i'm an amutuer modeler/texturer at best, so my authority may not be the one to trust here) do we think it's a feasible idea?

but yeah, what would morrowind be without its awesome flora and fauna?

and do we know for sure whther or not the old stuff is compatible?
According to the dev's, the old stuff from Morrowind will not be compatable with Oblivion, unfortunately. It is feasible, but will take a good amount of time and some decent modelers and texturers. Hopefully we will see more people joining up with our mod the closer we come to the release date.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
11-28-2005, 09:13 PM,

Soo.... what about those rats?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-28-2005, 09:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Soo.... what about those rats?
I think that regular sized rats (the one's that range from fitting in my palm to the length of my forearm) should be mostly non-hostile except when threatened, while the giant one's (larger than most men) should just albout always be aggresive and hostile.

I guess Kukulza could just add in a could more types of rats to his list. I guess the River Rat he has on the list could also be found in sewers and be the size of a man, as well as the Feral one found in the wilds, but maybe add one more such as a house variant that would be non-hostile and found in towns, in lowerclass housing and kitchens around the world?
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
11-29-2005, 01:27 AM,

well, hopefully common rats will be in Cyrodiil, if not, then Cyrodiil needs its Imperial Rats....
any how.. I think it'll be fun re-skinning rats and giving them tumors and groths... to show the effects of Blight... even though there's no more blight... lots of beasts in the Ashlands and Red Mt. region were affected....
11-30-2005, 11:14 PM,

What do you think of the idea of having regular rats running in cells and dungeons and caves by the activators as an background animation or just read-only models on which player cannot have any influence? The closest thing I can think of right now would be the weather effects, they're here but you cannot influence them.

You know, they are actually non-attackable, they're just running around (normal sized they should be).
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-01-2005, 12:08 AM,

that's a great idea!
little critters not worth killing and certainly not dangerous can be a sort of environmental effect... thay way the player can't do anything... except admire the realism Big Grin
very good idea! :goodjob:

but giant rats (5ft long) will be aggressive.... and it is worth it killing a 5ft rat.... as rare as they are