Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Creatures
02-10-2006, 02:58 AM,
F&F: Creatures
I'm thinking, since some creatures like the alit and kagouti don't have much of a difference look (though we do want to keep them probally), we should create a few of our own creatures. As long as they made sense to their surroundings. I was thinking a extremely large, nonhostile reptile, four legged, squat, that just grazes and stays in herds, kind of like a tricerotops. I just think that would be interesting =)
02-10-2006, 03:21 AM,

all these are related
Guars, Kagouti, and Alits

I like your suggestion... maybe there is an even less evoled form that is still 4 legged... and dumb and docile...
best to put on Vvardenfell especially... which is an island of living fossils of animals and people
02-10-2006, 03:31 AM,

Sweet backup ( Stick with one avatar, I keep thinking we are getting more people). I'll make up a paint sketch of my idea. But I was thinking it would be the size of a hlallu manor, and be quite chubby and low to the ground
02-10-2006, 03:50 AM,

I was thinking the LARGEST would be the size of a hlaalu manor.. the smallest the size of a nix-hound...
I think it should look like a reptialian version of a rhino.. not really... but sorta of...
and it must look like the Guar, Alit, and Kagouti evolved from it...

EDIT: you can tell it is me if the avatar changes like 3-4 times a day! Big Grin
but I am keeping this one for awhile
02-10-2006, 03:54 AM,

I would love to see more variety in terms of non-hostile wildlife, and I think a large, social herbivore would really help to add to the realism. As for it's appearance, which im sure you've already decided on anyways, I think it would look great if it had an even less evolved guar head; nothing says dumb and slow like a small-eyed reptile with huge lips.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-10-2006, 03:58 AM,

and a flatter head, with four legs that go side ways instead of right down,
and blunt-ish teeth, maybe a weird lookin horn...
02-10-2006, 03:59 AM,

Exactly what i was thinking ( both of you) A fat thing with a big stupid face, but a elongated jaw. To make it more rhino like. Also add a large horn on the forenose for selfdefense.

Also the ashlanders could have practical uses for them!
02-10-2006, 04:00 AM,

Sounds great. Concerning these monstrous beasts, what exactly will they eat? Pack animals like this would consume massive amounts of organic matter. Perhaps a new plant?
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
02-10-2006, 04:04 AM,

they would munch their way through mushroom forests, scour grazelands and move on...
they just wouldn't go into the Gash and Ashlands except for the salty rocks...
many large herbivours go to specific places for salt...

maybe we can make their habits like elephants except not too tameable...

perhaps the ashlanders herd them without them knowing.... Dunmer seem good at animals... like carving out the silt strider to manipulate the organs themselves... how smart...
02-10-2006, 04:09 AM,

Parasols or telvanni like mushrooms possibly. The whole herd could work on bringing it down with their blunt, slow, and stupid force. The younger and elderly would feed on the stem and the others would eat the cap.

Maybe tramaroot. Their stomachs would probally be strong enough to handle the spiky, painfullness. This would also handle where they would live.

Or maybe naked barbarians :lmao: