Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FG: Quest Ideas, Thoughts, Etc...
08-13-2006, 05:14 AM,
FG: Quest Ideas, Thoughts, Etc...
So, here's another idea for a quest, you are sent to rid a mine of as many goblins as you can dispose of, sort of like one of those arcade games, you keep playing until you can no longer survive... In this case, the score becomes the reward. :yes: So basically, stay in the cave as long as you need to, you only have to weaken the goblin prescence in the mine, some other faction will handle the rest, what do you think? (basically, you can finish this quest by killing from a single goblin, to about a million) A good pay per goblin killed might be... say 10 gold? Or maybe leveled gold... And leveled goblins?
08-13-2006, 05:52 PM,

You dropped my quest? Was it that bad?
Lol what?
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM,

No, I moved it to Quest Dev. Smile

What I think I'll do for most quests if I like them enough. I just came up with this idea, so I want a few opinions before moving it.
08-13-2006, 07:04 PM,
RE: Quest Ideas, Thoughts, Etc...
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
So, here's another idea for a quest, you are sent to rid a mine of as many goblins as you can dispose of, sort of like one of those arcade games, you keep playing until you can no longer survive... In this case, the score becomes the reward. :yes: So basically, stay in the cave as long as you need to, you only have to weaken the goblin prescence in the mine, some other faction will handle the rest, what do you think? (basically, you can finish this quest by killing from a single goblin, to about a million) A good pay per goblin killed might be... say 10 gold? Or maybe leveled gold... And leveled goblins?

leveled.. the player sould get attaced by some few at the time (say two lower that him in lvl..) and get attaced when he stopped to much upp.. ofc the player sould know that he can leave when he wants to but there sould be a lower that ?? and you dont get payed at all, the player sould know that to ofc..(since the attack force just will get killed if you dont kill enough..)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM,
Maybe a minimum number of goblins killed, then you can leave?
08-13-2006, 07:09 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Maybe a minimum number of goblins killed, then you can leave?

why not have it such that he can leave but know he will then fail.. (I'd like the attackforce to have a chance in failing..)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-13-2006, 07:12 PM,

the player should have to kill X number of goblins or else the attack force will fail then the player gets bounis rewards for every goblen he/she kill after the base amount of goblins to be kill and say give a leveled wepon if say the player kill 50 or 100 goblins Big Grin
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-14-2006, 02:53 AM,

I've always liked the idea of bonuses in quests. Sounds fun, but make it good. Killing 100 goblins sounds fun, but the game would lag so much with all of the moving bodies, so it doesn't sound like a good idea, unless there are like 10 rooms with 10 goblins each or something.
Lol what?
08-14-2006, 02:57 AM,

Aye, good point, we could have a change of rooms every... 10 goblins, and disable the goblins while the player is in another room?
08-14-2006, 04:43 AM,

or you could just do this change the rooms and have it so each room only at max spawns 10 goblins and plus im confused at your last post so i may be out of wack with what you just said or better plan yet

player gets key to a deeper chamber after every 10 goblin kill you get
Sincerly
Green Cutlass