Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factions (2)
03-02-2006, 11:48 PM,
Factions (2)
I think this is it for now... and maybe some will be furthur cut down or whatever.... Confusedhrug:

Joinable:
Complex
House Dagoth
House Hlaalu
House Redoran
House Telvanni
Medium
House of Troubles
Ashlanders
Betmeri League
Sheogorad Nords
Cammona Tong
Morag Tong
Short
Clan Aundae
Clan Berne
Clan Quarra
Imperial Guard
(Mages Guild)
(Thieves Guild)
Dark Brotherhood
Census and Excise
Vampire Hunters
Arena*
Tribunal Temple

Unjoinable:
House Dres
House Indoril
Twin Lamps
Dissident Priests
Nine Divines*
East Empire Company
Helseth's Royal Guard

Mainquest Joinable:
Buoyant Armigers
Ordinators
03-03-2006, 01:16 AM,

Did I miss the striking of the Thieves and Mages from the game? Also, the more I think on it, the more it makes sense to just have the Temple (non-MQ) unjoinable. The shrines would all need to be made anyway, and if the PC wants the blessings, he can visit them on his own using the books as guides. The non-pilgrimage Temple quests could then become more like misc quests that the PC can get by raising the disposition of Temple NCPs.
03-03-2006, 01:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
Did I miss the striking of the Thieves and Mages from the game? Also, the more I think on it, the more it makes sense to just have the Temple (non-MQ) unjoinable. The shrines would all need to be made anyway, and if the PC wants the blessings, he can visit them on his own using the books as guides. The non-pilgrimage Temple quests could then become more like misc quests that the PC can get by raising the disposition of Temple NCPs.
Thieves and Mages : sorry, edited now
Tribunal Temple : I think you should be able to join Temple, but as a regular worshipper... not some super quester
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM,
RE: Factions (2)
So, you want all those factions to be joinable? Sure looks like hell of a lot to me.
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
03-03-2006, 07:34 PM,

we are here to discuss what to cut and what not to and what to make shorter
03-03-2006, 07:40 PM,

I dont really see anything to get rid of besides the Census and Excise agency, which you dont really need, though there isnt any reason not to make it.

What is the House of Troubles?
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM,

four Cults devoted the the 'house of troubles' which means Sheogorad, Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon, and Malacath.... these four powerful Cults are united by the Dremora Lord Kash-Ti Dhrur... they are paving the way for Oblivion...

of course we know Oblivion doesn't win... but this is a confederation of four large cults that worship the 'bad daedra'
03-03-2006, 08:01 PM,

Quote:four Cults devoted the the 'house of troubles' which means Sheogorad, Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon, and Malacath.... these four powerful Cults are united by the Dremora Lord Kash-Ti Dhrur... they are paving the way for Oblivion...

of course we know Oblivion doesn't win... but this is a confederation of four large cults that worship the 'bad daedra'

That sounds interesting, but is it really something worth devoting a medium sized quest to? Most players, I would imagine, will have already completed the Oblivion main quest by the time they arrive in the mod, so I would think the cult would seem a little out of place there, especially when the focus of Vvardenfell will be turned towards the Great House war.

While that would definetely be a different experience from most factions, that might be something you could consider cutting, should you need the option.
?The light that puts out our eyes is darkness to us. Only that day dawns to which we are awake. There is more day to dawn? - Henry David Thoreau
03-03-2006, 09:22 PM,

NOOO dont cut it...please. Anyway, if you think about it, with the Telvanni, it makes sense to keep it. They are involved in the house wars

But i would cut out the Census, Temple ( whe have ordinators), Imperial Guard (I thought they were integrated with the Fighters?) and the Nords ( they dont make much sense, espiacally sense their is a 9/10 chance that the player isnt nord.

Also, I saw how it said

Mainquest Joinable:
Buoyant Armigers ( someone said we were cutting them)
Ordinators

Does that mean the Ordinators are the main quest? Or is it a separate mainquest from the housewars?
03-03-2006, 10:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Harikari
NOOO dont cut it...please. Anyway, if you think about it, with the Telvanni, it makes sense to keep it. They are involved in the house wars

But I would cut out the Census, Temple ( whe have ordinators), Imperial Guard (I thought they were integrated with the Fighters?) and the Nords ( they dont make much sense, espiacally sense their is a 9/10 chance that the player isn't nord.

Also, I saw how it said

Mainquest Joinable:
Buoyant Armigers ( someone said we were cutting them)
Ordinators

Does that mean the Ordinators are the main quest? Or is it a separate mainquest from the housewars?
I have no problem cutting the Nords. The Imperial Guard is the Imperial Legion and the Fighters Guild mixed.

And even though we already have the questline for the C&E pretty much rounded up, if it comes to it, we can always merge them with the Guard as well. Keep the questline as is, just make it so that you get the quests from a C&E officer who is part of the Guard. It makes sense to me that all the Imperial forces on the island would merge together when their forces decrease from the recall. Confusedhrug:

I'm still not sure what's going on with the Temple/Ordinators/Bouyant Armigers and the Main Quest. :bash:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you