Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighter's Guild Quest 01
01-28-2009, 10:42 PM,

Good. So we need a quest line...

My idea for the start:
If the player has no criminal record, and weapon skill of above the Fighter's Guild entry requirements, they get approached by an NPC in Soulrest (this is a city that has no quests ATM) They talk about how lawless the mercenaries are, etc. and ask if the player wants to help them fix it. They plan to rent a house to use as their guild hall, but they need money. So the player does contracts to earn cash for the house, starting with, of course, the rats....

Once the player earns money, they can use it to buy equipment for the house (training dummy, target practice, weapon racks etc.)

As the fame of the guild grows, other mercenary gangs get worried about the competition and attack the Guild Hall - so you need to defend it, whilst bringing fame to the Guild by taking on tough missions.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-29-2009, 08:09 AM,

Deeze, I love that idea. Sounds realy nice and is a fresh change.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
01-29-2009, 10:20 AM,

that's an amazing idea for the fighter's guild !! How about, instead of money, you earn a piece of furniture for every mission you do? I mean, at the beginning, the thing with the money is perfect, I just mean, when you have the house. Every mission you complete, you'll get new items in the guild hall. Technically, that wouldn't be a problem. And the AI interacting with it would add even more depth to it! (not a problem too ) :goodjob: on the idea =D
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
01-29-2009, 10:38 AM,

hmm, adding furniture may be a bit to much? But maybe after more people join the guild. There can be new furniture in let's say. every 2/3 quests? Giving the feeling that the npcs also buy new things for the guild and try to help you out.
Member of -
01-29-2009, 12:31 PM,

By furniture, I actually mean crates, dummies, weapons, etc. Things that you'd normally find in a fighter's guild. Doesn't have to be after every mission of course. Just an idea aswell.
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-30-2009, 12:15 AM,

All sounds good, people :goodjob:.

The 'King Rat' thing was just a possibility....although the idea of swarms of rats nonetheless and the general motif of disease.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-30-2009, 09:40 AM,

Here's an idea for the first quest:

Several ships at Soulrest docks have become infested by rats whilst on long journeys at sea. They need an exterminator fast, before they have to depart for another port. Rather than the familiar giant rats, we could put dozens of regular-sized rats in the ships which swarm to attack the player
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-30-2009, 10:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Here's an idea for the first quest:

Several ships at Soulrest docks have become infested by rats whilst on long journeys at sea. They need an exterminator fast, before they have to depart for another port. Rather than the familiar giant rats, we could put dozens of regular-sized rats in the ships which swarm to attack the player

Cool quest.That'd be nice.I think you can add some strange creature like the Flesh Fly.
01-30-2009, 02:06 PM,

Sounds like an undiscovered kind of enemy. Good thing =D
Deeza:

I. Main-Quest-Progress:

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
01-30-2009, 02:41 PM,

Nice, sounds nice.
Member of -