Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finalizing the Road Network
05-14-2010, 01:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
(Beyond that, there's still the seamless transition, but I'm not sure if we want to start working on that yet. Would we want to wait, sandor?)
If we want to complete the seamless transition we have to finish the road.
IMO it has no higher priority than the road to the FGa.

I adapted the HM a while back so it's possible to walk through the canyon (from where the road ends right now) towards the transition.

sandor: If this happens, would it be possible to post an ESM update (for the part of the road I finish before Zurke is able to help out)?
Sure, NP, just send a PM. Smile

If anyone wants to play around with this on their own, I'd be willing to send over the testing files.
Yes, please.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM,

Thanks for sending the ferry esp, I'll check it asap.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-31-2010, 05:24 AM,

Thanks a bunch sandor! :goodjob:

I've worked a bit on the road between the Forgotten Garden and Silgrad City. Right now I'm modding a middle stretch, as discussed above. The area I'm modding extends from the glassmine down the river towards the sea. It's a bit tricky because it contains the area where the Silgrad Hills merges with the Bitter Coast, and the regions are dynamically different. Once this is finished, I'll submit the ESP and then we can divide and conquer from there. Wink
05-31-2010, 02:16 PM,

Hi TID Smile

I can start road segments whenever they are ready. I was not sure if any were. Either post some information here or PM me.

Have a great day
Charles
05-31-2010, 07:17 PM,

Hey Zurke, which segment would you prefer to mod - Silgrad Hills or Bitter Coast side? I'll mod the other one, it doesn't matter to me which it is.
05-31-2010, 10:06 PM,

Silgrad hills will do. Not that I have seen either area. I will need some coordinates. Start and finish cells would be great.

Thanks and have a great day
Charles
06-01-2010, 12:15 AM,

Okay, thanks again Zurke! =)

I attached a map, and below is a list of coordinates corresponding to each of the segments of this road path. I am going to be away for the next two days because of work, but before I leave I will submit my ESP to sandor so you can start. Right now, I'm working on the area highlighted in yellow (hills and river, there will still be work to do in this area when I get back). If you would like to do the area "To the city" that would be great! It shouldn't be a problem if you make small changes to the cells where your road would connect near the glassmine. Otherwise it's pretty much the same deal as the other roads you've helped with. Smile Use the same textures as roads that already exist in the respective regions that you mod in.

If you finish before I get back, then any help with the other two segments would be much appreciated! It's already divided, so I don't think it would be too hard to coordinate.

To the city
1, -33 START (this is the road that goes around the city)
13, -33 VALLEY (this valley is ideal for a path that connects the two regions)
17, -24 FINISH (this is right next to the glassmine)

The middle Island
57, -46 START
67, -58 FINISH

The last island
67, -60 START
68, -72 BRIDGE (there should be a bridge in this cell)
71, -77 FINISH
06-01-2010, 12:42 AM,

Alrighty, I work the pink area to the city. When I finish that I will work on the middle island and last island.

Have a great day
Charles
06-02-2010, 10:42 PM,

Here is the road from 1 to -33. I fixed floaters and bleededers along the road an the immediate area.

I will begin work on the middle and last island next.

Have a great day
Charles
06-03-2010, 12:42 AM,

Hey Zurke, I don't think sandor got my ESP yet (I uploaded it to a site we were discussing by PM). Would you be able to skip working on the middle island for now and just focus on the last island? Just in case the ESP I have conflicts where it meets the middle island.

Please wait for the next ESM update before starting the middle island.