Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finalizing the Road Network
06-20-2010, 12:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Does anyone know of a way to initiate fast travel to a specific location through a script function (or if any such function even exists)?
As far as I know it's not possible.

There would exist only one NPC for each crossing, and they would stay on one side only. For the side that does not have the ferry master, a note and activator will be there. The note explains to use the activator to "Wait for the ferry master/mistress to arrive". Activating will bring up a menu, which works the same as if the player was going through dialogue. Additionally, on the ferry master/mistress end, if the ferry master/mistress is sleeping, maybe a small bell or some other activator can take their place temporarily, behaving like another activator.
Sounds good! Smile

Steadhelm to Latrys (both routes) - Need ideas... sandor?
Please use the ferry master NPC from SHC53: StSrSHC53Ferrymaster.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-03-2010, 05:10 PM,

All road should now be connected, with the exception of the seamless transition. Is there anyone working on that right now? Or is it okay to start modding that segment of the road? Where in the Silgrad City region should it connect?

The roads that are modded could use fence segments still, but apart from that they're complete. Smile

I'm thinking that the activator for the ferry routes should be either a bell, or a large lantern - some sort of signal that would be seen/heard from the opposite shore. I'll start modeling something. Smile
07-03-2010, 09:25 PM,

All road should now be connected, with the exception of the seamless transition. Is there anyone working on that right now? Or is it okay to start modding that segment of the road? Where in the Silgrad City region should it connect?

I do not believe anyone is working that atm. Sandor would have a better understanding of the transition than I. As far as the transition road to Silgrad the city, I have already completed that. The road starts outside the city gates (-8, -41) and runs along the water. I left it dead ended in wilderness cell (-38, -37). That is where it needs to tie into the transition.

Have a great day
Charles
07-04-2010, 07:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

I do not believe anyone is working that atm. Sandor would have a better understanding of the transition than I. As far as the transition road to Silgrad the city, I have already completed that. The road starts outside the city gates (-8, -41) and runs along the water. I left it dead ended in wilderness cell (-38, -37). That is where it needs to tie into the transition.

Have a great day
Charles
That's correct.

Just follow the valley, I made it so that it's possible to walk (not too steep).

It would be nice to add a few steps along the steeper parts of the road perhaps by using the Redoran ones.

EDIT
@TID
Are you planning to add a road through the FF?
Or is the one RW made (Soluthis <---> SC) okay?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-04-2010, 07:19 AM,

Thanks Zurke and sandor. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
It would be nice to add a few steps along the steeper parts of the road perhaps by using the Redoran ones.
That's a good idea, I'll take a look at the steps we have available and see which work best.

My edit:
Where does the player enter the ST world space?

Quote:@TID
Are you planning to add a road through the FF?
Or is the one RW made (Soluthis <---> SC) okay?
Because there is already a road between the two cities, this road through the FF has really low priority right now. I'd rather see more interiors and quests completed.

The road can always be added later.
07-04-2010, 07:27 AM,

My edit:
Where does the player enter the ST world space?
STLand -89,-75, WiP by Calipier.

Because there is already a road between the two cities, this road through the FF has really low priority right now. I'd rather see more interiors and quests completed.

The road can always be added later.
Okay and noted.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-05-2010, 01:09 PM,

I'm thinking that the activator for the ferry routes should be either a bell, or a large lantern - some sort of signal that would be seen/heard from the opposite shore. I'll start modeling something. Smile

I like the idea of a bell. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-11-2010, 04:27 PM,

I'm looking at the road now, I presume it should start at that border settlement in cell (-87, -74)?
07-12-2010, 03:37 PM,

I'm looking at the road now, I presume it should start at that border settlement in cell (-87, -74)?
That's fine. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-22-2010, 01:18 AM,

That road in the southwestern part of the map the OP posted that looks like it dead ends, where's that dead end suppose to be at? Is that suppose to be where the tunnel with the doorway portal leading back to Cyrodiil is located at?