Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finalizing the Road Network
06-03-2010, 12:44 AM,

Hi TID. Sure I will wait for an update before I continue on the roads.

Have a great day
Charles
06-10-2010, 06:36 PM,

I've been busy the last week. Smile

I don't think the file I submitted has been merged yet, so I will continue to work on it and submit a newer version later on. I might extend into the middle island, provided I finish the area I'm doing right now.
06-13-2010, 08:51 PM,

(Regarding ferries)

Does anyone know of a way to initiate fast travel to a specific location through a script function (or if any such function even exists)? MoveTo is what I'm using currently, but I would prefer to have something that actually uses fast travel so any NPC's following the player will show up on the far side of the river.
06-15-2010, 07:25 PM,

I'll start working on the road on the middle island. Fences still need to be placed around the Bitter Coast of the river area, and the part nearest the hills to the river area (otherwise all done), but I'd like to get at least the road painting, indenting, and vertex shading done for all road segments.

Zurke, have you done anything for the last island yet? Or should I paint the road there too?
06-16-2010, 01:07 AM,

Hi TID. I only modded the first section you listed.

Quote:To the city
1, -33 START (this is the road that goes around the city)
13, -33 VALLEY (this valley is ideal for a path that connects the two regions)
17, -24 FINISH (this is right next to the glassmine)

If you want to mod the rest of the roads please do. I will continue on the interiors I claimed. Smile

@ Sandor, hi, the esp I posted on the previous page 1, -33, is actually all the sections listed above. After I looked at the naming of the esp again I found it to be decieving. The road starts at 1,-33 and ends 17,-24.

Have a great day
Charles
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke

@ Sandor, hi, the esp I posted on the previous page 1, -33, is actually all the sections listed above. After I looked at the naming of the esp again I found it to be decieving. The road starts at 1,-33 and ends 17,-24.

Have a great day
Charles
Thanks, that helps a lot. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM,

I merged both road files (TID & Zurke). :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-17-2010, 07:40 PM,

Thank you sandor. Smile

I am now working on the ferries.

Zurke, do you think you could add fences to areas along the road in the middle island and the river area (also Bitter Coast)? I'll finish up the last island's vertex shading and indenting.

EDIT: Just leave the bottom cell of that middle island road alone (67, -58), in case it conflicts with my last island ESP.
06-17-2010, 08:42 PM,

Quote:Zurke, do you think you could add fences to areas along the road in the middle island and the river area (also Bitter Coast)? I'll finish up the last island's vertex shading and indenting.

I am in the middle of some interiors at the moment. I can when I have caught up on those.

Have a great day
Charles
06-17-2010, 10:03 PM,

The road to the FGa is now all painted and indented, and I've created stations for almost all of the crossings

Instead of creating new NPC's to man each of the ferries, I was thinking of using existing ones. This way, it adds more depth to characters who already exist (since they have jobs that the player can see). Smile

There would exist only one NPC for each crossing, and they would stay on one side only. For the side that does not have the ferry master, a note and activator will be there. The note explains to use the activator to "Wait for the ferry master/mistress to arrive". Activating will bring up a menu, which works the same as if the player was going through dialogue. Additionally, on the ferry master/mistress end, if the ferry master/mistress is sleeping, maybe a small bell or some other activator can take their place temporarily, behaving like another activator.

I would need to know which NPC's I could use though, and I would probably need to make minor adjustments to each of their dialogues (mainly intro and adding travel topics). Here is what I was thinking so far:

Ebbedin (both sides) - Fothas Gilnith
Forgotten Garden - Ridam Uvirith or Ra'Vandra?
Steadhelm to Latrys (both routes) - Need ideas... sandor?
Deepen Meadows (to Ashunor Valley) - need to create new one...