Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flora & Fauna of Argonia
05-01-2006, 10:15 AM,

What about a large serpent thing like this -->
[Image: 300px-Warcraft_Naga.jpg]

And some birds basically deer that can hover a short distance from the ground.
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-01-2006, 09:32 PM,

and howabout giant dragonflies that will fly into you and bite? but they will be rare, most will be small and ambient

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
What about a large serpent thing like this -->
[Image: 300px-Warcraft_Naga.jpg]

And some birds basically deer that can hover a short distance from the ground.
try being original.... that's from world of warcraft and warcraft 3... I know I have played both, esp. war3
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM,

To be fair, KK, i think i have heard of Naga in Black Marsh, so this is on the right track. Maybe though they could be harder to spot? Or have hard colours to stand out from the vegetation = blacks and reds.

I am not unhappy with fewer arms and a shpe-change ability...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-01-2006, 10:45 PM,

yes but we don't need to use war3's idea of them... their nagas are night elves changed because of their lust for magical power and banished undersea into these sea-serpent folks....
I want us to evolve ours not according to anothers but according to what a Naga is....
it is a snake-ish, it needs a strong tail and back legs, it has long arms, some are black, lots of teeth dripping with venom... lives ina swamp, that entails adaptations very unlike the war3 naga
05-02-2006, 06:33 AM,

What I meant was a non sebtineint snake person that had nothing to do withg nagas
05-02-2006, 10:57 AM,

There are several other sentient beings in the Black Marshes, and of course the Tsaesci - a snake civilisation on another continent.

Maybe they could be visiting Tsaesci - more likely formenting revolution or rebellion against the Empire as a precursor to a third invasion of Tamriel...But you will have to create your own, personal visualistion that is has substantial differences from current works on the market.

They are fine drawings. Nothing wrong with taking inspiration from your favorite games, but you have to be careful. To avoid legal complications, and social objection it's best to draw inspiration from living creatures as they cannot be copywrited! (yet) In this respect I was thinking of Coral Snakes - one of the most deadly species on earth, but look at any pictorial book of snakes, etc. Believe me, there is lots of choice.

When I was an art student we were sent to the Natural History Museum in South Kensington to make drawings - and the cheerful students of the famous St Martins School of Art are sent accross the Charing Cross Road to the Phoenix Garden to draw plants for patterning textiles, etc. So nil desperandum, keep on drawing!

I will be interested to see how you want to draw them!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

05-02-2006, 08:57 PM,

my as of yet incomplete concept art of th Naga is based of Hellbender salamnder lower body and upper body resembling a mangrove snake...
05-03-2006, 09:59 AM,

Oh I thought you were doing something else for the nagas. Oh well We'll think of something.And for raggindman I didn't draw those. I'm not the greatest drawer They were all I could find quickly
05-03-2006, 10:08 AM,

copious 'pologies. So they are actual wow3 drawings? k just make that clear purlease, and forgive me if I have offended.
Steven Erikson.

05-03-2006, 10:11 AM,

There actullyr world of warcraft warcraft 3 are different genres there is no wow3 but yeah they are World of warcraft Concept art and no you have not offended me