Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flora & Fauna of Argonia
05-12-2006, 10:18 PM,

Swedish Fish, would you like me to copy all the BM BB entries into one post on this thread? I think Remux is ok with that and so far KuKulzA is the only other contributor (and I note he is keen to assist you here), or do you want an entirely new thread for just the entries on your site?

If you want I could keep them in ST Lit Dev until you decide otherwise, or even post them in the BM BB invite thread I have set up on your site, which is otherwise uncluttered, and you can then use that as a holding place while you decide how you want to proceed. In any case 'my threads are your threads' Wink
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-13-2006, 03:01 AM,

That'd be good. Copy it in a different thread and I'll take care of the rest.
05-15-2006, 10:28 PM,

Drowsy Mold

A close relative to blue and green moss. Instead of having all the nice signs of being near clear water and being able to heal you it makes you very sleepy. The plant ussally only grows in unclear/posoined/toxic wateror n the bottom of housdes on stilts so if you see some drowsy mold DON'T drink the water. It is a type of mold and seems not to have to consume anything. Botanists presume it was just a normal green moss but then something or some one posoined the stream it was living near. The posoined water gave the mold its sleep property. If we are to blame any one for changing normal green moss to this horrid mold we should blame the Blackwood Co. for around they time that this species were changing thhe Blackwood Co. was posioning a villages water supply to drive the villages out. With that I end my article
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-17-2006, 10:17 PM,

I still need two more entries and I don't know much about these two:
Wamasus
Trodh
05-22-2006, 12:23 AM,

Here is some info from the Imperial Liberary about the Wamasus and Trodh-

Fang of Haynekhtnamet

Black Marsh was once known to be inhabited with what the Argonians called the Wamasus. Northern men considered them to be intelligent dragons with lightning for blood. One such mighty beast, Haynekhtnamet, was slain by the Northern men, though it took 7 days and nights, and a score of men. One of the surviving men took a fang home as a trophy. The fang was carved down into a blade and fashioned into a small dagger. The Dagger mysteriously houses some of the beast's magical properties and grants the user the ability to do shock damage on an opponent. This unique Dagger is seen occasionally by traveling heroes.

&

He even let Scotti share his bucket of trodh, tiny little crunchy fish, he had bought from the villagers. Scotti would have preferred them cooked, or at any rate, dead, but Gemullus blithely explained that dead, cooked trodh are deadly poison.
05-22-2006, 12:26 AM,

I'll do the Wamasus...

Wamasus
These mysterious dragon-kin living deep in Argonia are said to be able to channel lighting. They have not been seen in ages and are often considered the stuff of legend. The only mention of them in legends outside of Argonian ones is of Haynekhtnamet and its fight with seven Northmen, and the survivor took a tooth for a dagger which is one of the rare artifacts of Tamriel - the Fang of Haynekhtnamet. Aside from legends, interviews with elderly Argonians reveal a very different side to these mysterious creatures.
To the Argonians, the Wamasus represent revolution and rebirth. When they spit lighting it is said that the spring storms begin and the monsoon ensues. They say that the Wamasus are, like the Hist, one of the ancient life-bringers who help keep balance in the Black Marsh. It is said that they are protectors of the Marsh and once prowled throughout the land as dominant predators; though they preyed on the animals, they also helped bring the monsoon, which helps bring about more life. It is hard to tell whether the Wamasus are simply powerful beasts or great nature spirits or demigods.
Aside from myth and legend, it seems the Wamasus is actually a gigantic salamander of sorts. It however has adapted to living on the few mountains of Argonia, and there seems to have absorbed lighting strikes. Obviously, this creature is quite magical in the respect and are able to spit lightning as some dragons breathe fire. Some speculate that the Wamasus channel their lightning so as to swiftly kill prey. They are gigantic salamanders and normally sluggish, unless irritated or hungry. They are rare and often rest in the cooler areas of the moutains, which are rare in Argonia and only occur near the east coast.
However that would make sense as the northmen came from Skyrim, sailing down the eastern coast, and it is likely that when they landed and ventured to climb one of the eastern mountains, they found Haynekhtnamet, a Wamasus sleeping in one of the cool mountain streams, and being the foolish (though evidently powerful) Nords they were, attacked the beast. Or perhaps it attacked them.
Regardless, this mysterious creatures shall remain a mystery as it has not been sighted by officially reliable sources.
05-22-2006, 05:45 AM,

Trodh

A small fish that is deadly posoin if dead but when alive the argonians consider them a tasty treat but to most other races apart from khajit they are disguting. They are found in the coast around stormhold and a often eaten by slaghterfish, and other flying and swimming animals. Because of there small size they are often hard to catch and thus the argonians have developed a special type of not tyat the trodh cannot squeeze through. They can only be made into potoins dead and thus are only useful in posoins. A tradinoil method of killings by the dark brother hood in the black marsh is sneaking into the targets house finding a buckket or bowl of trodh and place a dead trodh in it. You don't have to sneak in for you could just dine with the target and give them some trodh some dead trodh must be mixed with this and suddenly he\she is dead
05-23-2006, 03:01 AM,

The first books done! What do you need for the second edition?
05-23-2006, 06:07 PM,

I have almost finished the book on the site.
05-23-2006, 06:41 PM,

What landtypes would you say Black Marshes split into?
I thought like:
70% marsh (whole middle)
15% forest (the northiest parts mainly)
15% tropical jungle (southern coastline partly and some southern inner land)