Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flora & Fauna of Argonia
05-03-2006, 10:20 PM,

Phew! ty...

Hope Swedishfish is keeping an eye on your contributions to the Black Marshes Botany Books, as before I seek to 'go to press with that he will have to decide how many of these should remain in the ST edition and which he wants to reserve for BM only....

Anyhows, the more you bang in the clearer his choices will become - at this rate you might fill up the Black Marshes Edition before the Original Botany Books, ST edition is complete.

One thing I think you should consider is that there should be 3 or more times the varieties of plants in Black Marshes as there are in Morrowind. Hang in there!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-04-2006, 01:30 AM,

I fully intend to use as many plants as possible but rmember we cannot load the land too thick with plants or many people will be unable to run the game.
05-04-2006, 06:54 PM,

Supercool Cool It just ain't fair to make a mod like this just for the few! But would a wide variety cause problems, or would it be the numbers of plants per sq yard that would really cause heavy overloading?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

05-04-2006, 09:49 PM,

Proboly the number of plants per sq yard
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-07-2006, 11:00 PM,

Here is the deal. I need literature for the website. I think a Flora and Fauna book would be good. We can add it in volumes. In the first volume, I would like paragraphs describing these items:
Flora
Hist tree
Somnalius Fern
Drowsy Mold
Dragon's Tongue
Fauna
Wamasus
Tapir
Hackwings
Trodh

I know these have been posted in various places but I want mod-grade entries that may appear in this Mod. If you have ideas post them here. If you have an entry, PM it to me along with a name that sounds like it could be used in Tamriel, to accredit your authorship. If you PM one to me, don't be surprised if I return it for provided revision instructions.

So begins "Flora and Fauna of Argonia: Volume 1"
05-08-2006, 06:21 AM,

Read The Black Marsh Edition of the Botany Books Theres your flora and fauna
05-08-2006, 12:57 PM,

Whatever works. The Black Marshes Botany Books was started with the idea that BM could use it as a basis for BM. So if SF wants to start a new set, he's the project leader...but he's welcome to use the link provided and I hope that all contributors will work with him.

As stated earlier I think that Blackmarshes should have a more detailed Book on the subject than can be found in Morrowind or other provinces, so starting a BM book with a different name makes sense to me = local knowledge vs Empire surveys.

Would locals seek to hide their lore from Empire 'snoops'? Undoubtedly!

Also it's good to have the people who model the plants and animals do their own descriptions, to get a clear idea in their minds...that is part of why I did the Botany Books.

I like your contributions Remux, and I want to include them in the ST edition, but I will not be unhappy to see SweF encourage the creation of an entirely different volume. As stated BM is welcome to use BBs, but there should be a better volume that is only available in BM. :goodjob: Swedish Fish. SweF rules ok!

ps Remux Dreadfire - maybe you can send your original descriptions to SweF or you might have to do another, more detailed set of descriptions for the BM books, and maybe even model some plants and animals - are you up to the challenge? Big Grin
Steven Erikson.

05-08-2006, 09:05 PM,

Even with that Botany Book I still need descriptions of-
Drowsy Mold
Tapir
Wamasus
Trodh
05-10-2006, 07:38 AM,

Ill start on tapirs right about ..... NOW. Some of my stuff has links to real stuff though just though you ought to know
05-12-2006, 08:09 AM,

Tapirs done! And Swedishfish you could have marsh grass instead of drowsy mold just make the most of what you've got