Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gideon
07-19-2009, 11:37 PM,

Glad you guys are happy with it! Smile

I noticed some mist there in one of your pics IG, does that mean my script is working? Or did you adjust it to get it working better? The parent for the mist objects is set to be initially disabled, which means that if its there at all the script did something at least. xD

That 4th pic glitch is really weird...is it possible that there was another building mesh for that building? One slightly longer? Because in the CS, when I look at it, its the same height as that one, only the bottom reaches down farther, if you get what I mean. I had even set up lights at all the spots that windows were supposed to be on the stone buildings...tres etrange...

Anyway...what, if anything, is there left for me to do? I've become particularly attached to the place, so if any further work could be given to me for the city, even if its interiors or NPC work, I'd be glad to keep going. Otherwise I can either move on to some other stuff elsewhere in BM, or I'll take a break if I'm not needed ASAP, but I doubt there isn't plenty of work to be done. Big Grin
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM,

I guess what's really needed now is a list of interiors that still need to be done....
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-20-2009, 10:21 AM,

I'm just making a few modifications to the esp like adding interiors and such. I'll have to send both TL and PH what I've done and then interiors can be worked on and TL can start to make his own customisations of the city. However, only one of you can work on the esp at one time so one of you is going to have to wait until the file is merged...in the meantime, do you think Cheydinhal interiors will do or will we need special retex's? Not having new ones saves filespace and I'm not so sure if new models are needed....

Also, would you like to take over the city planning, TL? I'll set up interiors and then give you the map. Otherwise, I can do it.

@ PH - Could you send me a screenshot of how you'd planned to have the mausoleum model set up (see pic)? I could probably just add what's missing and then send the esp but I'll look into why there's an absence of a file first.

Edit - I created maps for the existing interiors (see attached) and updated the esp with the 02 exterior model (Gideon version of the old riverview building) because it seemed to have disappeared. It didn't take much editing and I kept the same elements that PH had put in.

If adding any more interiors, you'll need to find an interior that matches up with the model and add the interior independently i.e. not connected with the gameworld, for now. Note that the existing interiors may need to have some of the items replaced with our own assets.

Here's the new esp: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1267925/BM...youtv2.rar .

If you're adding anything extra then I can recommend one or two oilplants. I think that, due to my malware problem, they failed to appear in the new assets (I'm not sure though, check under 'Lights'). Be sparing though because we obviously don't want it to be too bright. Maybe it would help to erase a fire/light or two.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-20-2009, 03:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I'm just making a few modifications to the esp like adding interiors and such. I'll have to send both TL and PH what I've done and then interiors can be worked on and TL can start to make his own customisations of the city. However, only one of you can work on the esp at one time so one of you is going to have to wait until the file is merged...in the meantime, do you think Cheydinhal interiors will do or will we need special retex's? Not having new ones saves filespace and I'm not so sure if new models are needed....

Also, would you like to take over the city planning, TL? I'll set up interiors and then give you the map. Otherwise, I can do it.

@ PH - Could you send me a screenshot of how you'd planned to have the mausoleum model set up (see pic)? I could probably just add what's missing and then send the esp but I'll look into why there's an absence of a file first.

Edit - I created maps for the existing interiors (see attached) and updated the esp with the 02 exterior model (Gideon version of the old riverview building) because it seemed to have disappeared. It didn't take much editing and I kept the same elements that PH had put in.

If adding any more interiors, you'll need to find an interior that matches up with the model and add the interior independently i.e. not connected with the gameworld, for now. Note that the existing interiors may need to have some of the items replaced with our own assets.

Here's the new esp: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1267925/BM...youtv2.rar .

If you're adding anything extra then I can recommend one or two oilplants. I think that, due to my malware problem, they failed to appear in the new assets (I'm not sure though, check under 'Lights'). Be sparing though because we obviously don't want it to be too bright. Maybe it would help to erase a fire/light or two.

If Phinius is done with most of what he's doing I can work on the new .esp.

I'd like to do City planning, if you set up the interior claims. That way I'm pretty much overseeing and touching up.

The only retexs we HAVE to have are the doors. Purple doors just dont work. hahaha.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-20-2009, 03:59 PM,

Okay, we can replace them then. I was going to replace them anyway considering the idea I posted about elsewhere recently (the 'red-cross' thing).

Go ahead and do some city planning. You could actually do that by submitting a map using the pic I posted above and then labelling each of the buildings. If you have any specific instructions for any of the buildings then include that in the post with your map. Then I'll set up the claims....gonna be busy.....Deeza is about ready to do his bit of city planning too, this time on Stormhold (if he can get access to a PC, following his troubles).

Remember to leave space for necessary shops, Inns and Guilds besides your own ideas....and preferably leave space for enough NPCs for us to adapt as and when the quest-making gets more complex....but you know that, of course.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM,

IG, now that I look at it more, I think I must have just moved the mosoleum up by accident at some point. Just move it down until its windows match up with those lights.

As for city planning, I have placed more barrels next to buildings that I thought would be inns, and even named most buildings as what I thought they could be (house, inn, shop) in there reference box. But those were just ideas so yeah, do whatever with the planning. Tongue

Good luck guys, I won't touch my .esp anymore as it seems both of you are at work on the city now, and I wouldn't want to mess things up. I hope Gideon turns out nicely, and that I have done it justice.
07-21-2009, 09:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by PhiniusMaster
....just moved the mosoleum up by accident at some point. Just move it down until its windows match up with those lights....

Okay. Will do.

Quote:Originally posted by PhiniusMaster
As for city planning, I have placed more barrels next to buildings that I thought would be inns, and even named most buildings as what I thought they could be (house, inn, shop) in there reference box. But those were just ideas so yeah, do whatever with the planning. Tongue

Yikes! Did you use my esp above? If not then I think we may have lost your additions. I believe TL is going to do some city planning though so maybe some of your ideas for names could be added later.

Gideon's looking great now. If you check out the last shot of the city centre with the Inn and the two Guilds facing each other, it sort of has a 'New Orleans' feel to it....perfect for carnivals and voodoo!
07-23-2009, 01:58 AM,

No don't worry I didn't edit that one, I was just talking about things I had done with the original before uploading it.
07-23-2009, 12:20 PM,

Good good! Going off-track a bit, if you're looking for another project then you can hang around until Tlo1048 publishes his city planning map for Gideon or, related to something you mentioned earlier (about a big battle...?) then it may interest you to know that once I get round to doing the height mapping for the Parchlands, I'm hoping to set up a sort of mini-canyon that would be ideal for a running battle between two large forces. The subject was mentioned before and I'm pretty sure we can cope with the FPS as long as we do a sort of a cutaway scene to a new worldspace (that is basically a copy of the original one) and use animated figures in the same way as the arena does, except engaged in more violent activities.

Alternatively, you could help out with Go-Ja Morga and Hixinoag or some of the other interiors. Send me a PM if you fancy doing anything particular anyway.