Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gideon
06-13-2009, 03:32 PM,

Thanks for letting me know, PH. However, try to make sure you send an esp update when you can....just so that we avoid the horrors of losing someone's hard work if something totally unpredictable happens.... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-13-2009, 09:51 PM,

Sure thing! Here's a link to the latest version, with sewer entrances (not currently linked to anything). Almost all vertex shading is done, I might make it a little darker later on to add to the contrast. Pathing is about 60% done, roads take a lot of time to flesh out. All buildings are placed and have their reference name and purpose in their editor Reference field. Cluttering is probably about 60% done as well. Castle gardens and grave yard have yet to be properly started. This is my last update before next week. Cheers. Wink

http://www.4shared.com/file/111643378/db...ayout.html

EDIT: Here are all the NIFs. They are all the NIFs currently in use in the CS, 4 of them are NIFs that I haven't modified but are in use. So as long as the archive has these NIFs everything should run smoothly.

http://www.4shared.com/file/111648028/73...cture.html
06-14-2009, 11:15 AM,

Thanks, PH! :goodjob: A few points:
  • The Height Map scared me shitless! By looking at the GideonChildWS, it looked like you had completely altered the land around Gideon (you have, right?). This had me totally convinced that the exterior WS (the normal blackmarsh WS) would reflect those changes as I'd thought that it would be the same. However, I soon realised that this was not the case. So, in the end, it's been quite educational. I didn't think it was possible to avoid making changes across worldspaces.
  • Some of the items didn't show up in the CS. I figured that you'd probably renamed some of the items as the objects that show up in the WS are things like 'GideonLCBarricade2' which points to an object called 'GideonPalisade' or something. I can see this object in your list but it's been named 'BMPHPalisadeRetexGIDEON' so that's why it's not showing up. The same thing happened with 'BMPHGideonFootbridge' which points to 'BMPHBridge' when it should (I'm guessing) point to 'BMPHCheydinhalBridgeGIDEON'? And also to 'BMGideonChurchExt' and 'BMPHGideonStatueBase'. I sorted all these within seconds though. And it began to look damn fine again!
  • There appear to be lots of Dementia monsters in the water....? ?(

Nice work! Great management of the cluttering. It's looking way more 'lived in' and dirty and some of the modelling and retexture work is really working well. Some of it is clearly a WiP but it looks like it's all being nicely thought out. I'm looking forward to the next update. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-21-2009, 11:26 PM,

Yeah the renaming was just because I wanted to make sure all the names were organized and not confusing like they were before, I guess I just forgot to upload the .esp that had all the Static objects pointing to the right NIFs, glad you got that figured out.

And about the height map, I didn't do anything but raise the water level in the entire world space, because I didn't want to try and pick out which cells needed to have water in them for rivers and puddles around the city and stuff. Glad that's all as it should be too.
Not to sure why those dementia creatures are there though, must have been a little mistake on my part. I just meant to throw in a couple vanilla fishies to liven up some of the deeper pools.

So yeah, I'm back on the clock again, now that I'm back at with my computer again. I should have an update in a day or two.

If I want to actually test it out in game how do I go about getting the player to the Gideon worldspace? Do I have to make a teleport script for now?

PS: Any preference as to which resources I use for the graveyard? I'll be doing that and the castle gardens amongst other things this week.
06-22-2009, 10:30 AM,

Quote:If I want to actually test it out in game how do I go about getting the player to the Gideon worldspace? Do I have to make a teleport script for now?

coc editor ID

e.g.

coc Gideon01

in the ingame console, should take you to that cell, if you end up stuck inside something like a rock then type:

tcl

to turn off collision so you can get out, then again to turn it back on.

x

edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
06-22-2009, 01:52 PM,

Personally, I find that the cow command works best. If you use the maps that I tend to post up in the Landscape Claims (and other claims) such as this one:

[Image: LandscapeClaims-BWSouthRegion.jpg]

then you can navigate to any point on the map in-game by following this formula:

cow blackmarshes -26,-3 (this should be the location just outside Gideon).

DO NOT MAKE A TELEPORT SCRIPT! In my experience, teleport scripts can make things go screwy especially if they're connected to the Tamriel WS.

No probs with HM. I was concerned how the exterior might look from the top of the walkways, however, as it wouldn't reflect what you see outside the walls. I can adjust the cells, if you wish.

Not sure about the graveyard, actually. The SI set has some nice items albeit very recognisably SI-based. I had considered introducing the recruitable companion, Anaster Marrowmir, here. He's supposed to wear a top hat, voodoo-style. I was going to place it on one of the graves.

Other than that, check out Giskard's 'The Necromancer' mod for tips...
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM,

So then I take it you'd like the grave yard to be of the creepier variety rather than be like the one in the IC sorta thing?

Also, don't worry too much about recreating the cells outside the city walls in the Gideon WS, as I took that issue into account early on and lower all the walkways and walkway towers about 10-15 feet. Big Grin

Any suggestions for flora to use in the swamp gardens? I can't find much that looks good and fits with the BM climate. ???
06-24-2009, 04:58 PM,

I think a creepy graveyard would probably work in Gideon's favour... :check:

The lowered walkways should make things look a little denser too and I like the idea of that.... Smile

As for flora, you're free to use any of the vanilla stuff such as the following: Bog Beacon, Clouded Funnel Cap, Green Stain Cup, Stinkhorn, Tiger Lily, Aloe Vera, Domica Redwort, Dragon's Tongue Plant, Lavender, Somnalius Plant, Pitcher Plant, Sacred Lotus and Water Hyacinth. The last two are water-dwelling.

The BM stuff might include: flora fly, hibiscus, monstera plant, passion flower, sylvan mushrooms, vanilla beans, glo-shrooms, nenuphar lily, victoria flower (and lily pads). The last two might be good choices again as they are both water-dwelling. Everything here should be found under the 'Flora' section.

I don't think the oilplants are registered in this version but bear in mind that you can use them in place of lamp-posts.....set some space aside until they're ready or just use vanilla lamps that we can replace later. You can also use the green bromeliads under blackmarsh-flora.
07-01-2009, 07:19 PM,

Two quickies here, what time does the sun set in-game? And are there any good creepy assets I should keep in mind as I finish up the graveyard?

The first question is for an enabling/disabling script for a parent ref for some mist I have set up in the graveyard that I only want to be there at night. I've put the enable/disable stuff inside a MenuMode block, because I don't want it to just appear if the player happens to be walking through the graveyard at the time of night the mist is set to be enabled. Sound good?
07-01-2009, 07:33 PM,

Around 6-7 pm if I remember rightly and, um, the SI graveyard assets are good. You can check out the SI landscape for tips, I think. There should be Helborne's imp statue in the assets now as well. I can't remember where to find the cobwebs off the top of my head but there should be plenty. You might want to make use of the blood decals or spatters (they're called something like that anyway).

Be careful with the mist though. I remember Tlo1048 using an atmospheric effect for the whole of Gideon by stretching it but stretching stuff like that can have unappealing results. We ended up deleting it. That sounds like a good plan, anyway... =)

There are skeletons, of course. Perhaps use a spade and an empty grave. I'm not sure whether Giskard's assets in his 'Necromancer' mod used vanilla assets or whether they were his own but it would be worth downloading 'The Necromancer' here: http://www.theengineeringguild.co.uk/the-necromancer . Giskard's keeps pulling his stuff off websites because of 'flamer troubles'. If you wanted to go into real depth for extra ideas then you should be able to check it out quickly enough by loading the esp up in the CS and then navigating directly to the telltale sign of the relevant cell.

As far as I remember, he adapted the SI ruins....