Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gideon
06-10-2009, 12:22 PM,

Oh yeah I totally ditched that SK stuff right at the beginning, so no worries about that. I should be able to get the screenshots up today, I hope you'll like it. As for the stuff that I mentioned isn't quite done, that should also be finished (not polished) by today. Good to know I can move forward with the retexturing of the cheydinhal stuff, should look a lot morel like its own city now. Big Grin
06-10-2009, 12:44 PM,

Looking forward to it, bud. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-10-2009, 09:51 PM,

Good to hear, for the pictures are here! Big Grin

Here's a link to the album on Photobucket:
http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll406...th/Gideon/

As for the layout, it's pretty much exactly the same as the layout drawing I posted earlier, with a couple buildings moved/removed.
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM,

Looking good. =)

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-10-2009, 11:29 PM,

Great stuff! :goodjob:

Try not to overdo things with mania trees though. Gideon lies in the Blackwood Region and, although they might plant Jungle trees in the city, it should nonetheless feature plenty of BW stuff. Of course, you can get away with a lot within the confines of a city, however.

It's got a really nice look about it now because it hangs together well. Did you retex the walls as well? I noticed that there was plenty of blackmarsh models there which is good including some of KP's plants. Bear in mind that Gideon will have a fairly important sewer system within which something unpleasant is lurking....besides the Sotha Tren criminal syndicate.

It needs a bit more clutter but that will be part of the 'city planning' when we decide what shops, Inns and so on exist within the houses. You may already have some ideas on that so if there's something that's on your mind, feel free to experiment a little e.g. In Stormhold, I've set up a vineyard close to an Inn that sells its own wine.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-11-2009, 01:49 AM,

Yeah cluttering is only at like 10% right now. Though I do try to keep in mind not everyone has an amazing machine that can load a lot of stuff, I'll make sure corners look empty.

So sewers eh? Will 2-3 entrances be enough? Maybe one could be outside the city, as a second way in. Anyway, I'll find a couple spots to throw down a couple manhole type things. Tongue

And yeah, which trees exactly are Blackwood trees? I tried to use BM models wherever I could get away with it just to make it feel more like truly fresh content was being used to build the city. Anyway I'll go ahead and replace some of the SI trees with less tropical ones.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Wink

EDIT: Yeah, I did retexture the cheydinhal walls. Big Grin

Also, how are the other cities coming along? I know you're working on Stormhold, what else is in the works?
06-11-2009, 07:22 AM,

If you go into the cell view window and, instead of clicking on the GideonChildWS where you've been working, click on blackmarshes instead and look for Gideon. If you click on Gideon then you'll see all of the surrounding countryside which consists of a lot of swamp cypress trees, snowgum trees and will eventually contain Baobab trees. But it's typical Blackmarsh stuff that you'd normally find in Cyrodiil plus some bits and pieces of our own. However, liberal use of the assets is good but don't allow your creativity to be too restricted so that you end up avoiding vanilla stuff. There's OB and SI to choose from. :goodjob:

2-3 sewer entrances is perfect. An exterior one might be nice.

At the moment, Deeza is working on the lore but, as he's expressed an interest in Stormhold, may end up finishing off what I started. There's not a great deal to do on it though. Meanwhile, llamaranger has recently returned and is experimenting with our third and final city (for the beta), Soulrest. However, when the Everglades is done soon then we'll finally be able to use the new turtleshell, watertop hut and swamplands hut architectures (besides others). Then, of course, there's Hixinoag, also in Blackwood. Besides Glok-Chuba (which is tricky) that's about it for the beta.....except for interiors, dungeons and so on but that's another story....
06-11-2009, 04:15 PM,

Mkay, I do have plenty of ideas for what shops and inns and houses should be where, for a few cool NPCs, some topics for rumors when your talking to random people in the city, that sort of thing. I didn't think I would take an interest in that aspect of the city, but as I've built it I've seen lots of opportunities for interesting personalities and situations and other stuff to go on in the city.
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM,

Just do what you can then. We can fill in the gaps.... :yes:....making this city adaptable to other people's influence can only be seen as a bonus anyway.
06-13-2009, 12:17 PM,

Hey Ibsen, I just though I'd give you a heads up (don't worry I'm not giving up on Gideon Tongue). My situation in RL is that I live in two places, I'd rather not go into why, and when I'm in one of those places, I have access to my wonderful gaming PC with all my mod tools on it, and when I'm in the other place, I have basically no computer access. Again, this is just a heads up to let you know that I'll always be on and off on a weekly basis, so don't fret if there aren't updates for 5-7 days at a time, because I'll still be working on it. This is nothing new, this has been my situation for several years now, so again, just a heads up.