Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello From Planet Vista
02-23-2007, 04:27 PM,

The bugs are non-existant for the most part.

Individuals who aren't sure of what they are doing are failing to realize that the drivers for their hardware may need to be updated, and may not be out yet.

We all know what drivers can do to the computer illiterate.

I personalylve it, but I got it mainly because of DX10, its XP on steriods, and I get to stick it to the mac users.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
02-23-2007, 06:51 PM,

I've found most of my software "works" as long as you disable User Account Control. You may also have to run everything under XP Compatability mode. No big deal.

I say "works" because nVidia doesn't have GeForce Go drivers out for Vista yet, so I have almost zero 3D acceleration. Of course, GeekSquad failed to tell me this. I realize it's just a matter of time, but I'm still ticked off.

Pirates is almost playable, Oblivion certaintly isn't, my dad's uber Audio progrums work, and I have yet to try Morrowind. I have a feeling it will run well, since it's almost all off the processor.

Anything else you guys want to know?

Oh, and I heard a lot of people saying that "4 gigs of RAM is the sweet spot, it will run bad with anything less". I have 2 gigs, and it runs really smoothly (Except games... not RAM's fault). of course, I do have the 32 bit version, and it's OEM... Grrr.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
02-24-2007, 12:01 AM,

Not true zarf, my Go drivers were updated, but its an ultimate exlussive through the "ultimate extras" downloader.
02-24-2007, 12:49 AM,

Can you happen to send me these drivers? And do you have any 3D acceleration?

They aren't listed on nVidia's website. At least, they weren't last week.

EDIT: Just checked. They still aren't listed.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
02-24-2007, 01:22 AM,

The installer is unfortunately built into vista ultimate.

They are far from perfect, but they are certainly a step up.

Nvidia will get some unversal drivers out soon to handle the issues universaly I'm sure, but for now I think microsoft has pressured them to at least do something, and they can distribute it discreetly through ultimate.
02-24-2007, 02:56 AM,

Ive Ran Oblivion personaly on the 64x version you know the one with the least support of all so yes it work just gotta fuddle around for a while Big Grin
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
02-24-2007, 02:59 AM,

I got most of my programs running, but oblivion is being quite the fool right now, any tips mates?
02-24-2007, 05:00 AM,

You are having more luck than I, so I can't help. :/
02-24-2007, 09:24 PM,

Not real Sure just update your computer to hell everywhere. I have an Ati card so if both of you have nvidia maybe it doesnt quite suporit it well yet
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
02-25-2007, 04:29 AM,

I'm staying with good old XP for a while. Vista now is a little buggy, all things are the moment they're released. XP wasn't bugless when it came out, but it's fine now. Oblivion, it had bugs too until patch 1 came out and fixed most of them. I'm going to hold off on Vista for a while until next year or so.
Lol what?