Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with CS
04-28-2007, 02:21 PM,
Help with CS
I've been messing around with the CS, but there are a few things that I need help with.

1) I think that the default music is perfect for Tamriel, but I want to add a new set of music to a new Worldspace. Can I and how can I do this?

2) I created a Worldspace, but it is only four quadrants (in the overview window), and I think it's too small. How can I expand to 6 or 8 quadrants?

3) I've also been trying to add grass to the worldspace, but nothing appears in-game. How do I add grass to the new Worldspace?

If anyone can answer these questions, I'll highly appreciate it. Big Grin Big Grin
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM,

1) you can do one of 2 things. either add the music to one of the music folder, wich will make it play randomly. or que up the music to a global script wich will make it play in the world space only. the second option requires some scrpting knowlege though

2)eh, i think it depends on the hightmap size, but i dont realy know. hopefully somebody with experiance can help you with this.

3) grass is added through the texture. make sure that the texture that you paint with is not a no-grass (i belive its abriviated NG at the end of the name) texture. also make sure that you have grass enabled in your graphics settings- stupid question, i know, but you cant be sure enough.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-28-2007, 04:54 PM,
RE: Help with CS
Quote:Originally posted by Lord Skorm
1) I think that the default music is perfect for Tamriel, but I want to add a new set of music to a new Worldspace. Can I and how can I do this?

See above post by Lady N. =)

2) I created a Worldspace, but it is only four quadrants (in the overview window), and I think it's too small. How can I expand to 6 or 8 quadrants?

Use the heightmap editor. If you need to view another set of four quads, open the Overview (View->Oveview - Might want to regenerate first), then click on the Overview window where you want to edit. The maximum size is always three quads out from the middle of the worldspace (at origin).

3) I've also been trying to add grass to the worldspace, but nothing appears in-game. How do I add grass to the new Worldspace?

Added through landscape textures. Again, refer to above post. Smile You might want to consider making new landscape textures with different grass settings, check the CS wiki for information on how to do that.
04-28-2007, 05:53 PM,
So how can I extend from my current 4 quads to another 2 or 3 quads?
04-28-2007, 08:07 PM,
So how can I extend from my current 4 quads to another 2 or 3 quads?

Do what I suggested, it's pretty self explanatory how it works.
04-28-2007, 08:46 PM,
Well, none of this matters because my CS isn't running. When I run the CS, a warning message appears stating "Oblivion.esm is a higher version than this EXE can load."

Is there a version of the CS that needs to be installed along with Shivering Isles? Because that is what happened, I installed Shivering Isles today, and now I can't mod ( a win-lose situation ).

I'm going to go to the ES website and check.
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM,

You need the latest version of the CS from the Elder Scrolls download page, but the mod you create will be playable only by SI owners.
04-28-2007, 09:13 PM,

Only SI users? Well, that is a good thing because then they'll be motivated to buy SI.
I've played it for a couple hours today, and it is awesome.
I just love how when you start in that small room with Haskill, it transforms into butterflies to reveal the Realm.Awesome!! :goodjob:

So I uninstalled the old CS, and I'm redownloading it, just to be on the safe side, along with the patch. I hope it works now.
04-28-2007, 09:54 PM,

You should try to stick to the old Oblivion.esm and old CS where you can because there are apparently a lot of new bugs in the new CS.
04-28-2007, 10:13 PM,

I installed the new CS, and of course, a warning. So I reinstalled my old CS, and everything ran smoothly during the setup. But.... when I tried to install the patch, Error message, something about being corrupted.
So now I'm downloading it again, but through Internet Explorer, not through my current browser.
Let's see what happens now. :poorme: