Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helseth's guards/House Mora -discussion
03-07-2006, 08:17 PM,
Helseth's guards/House Mora -discussion
And royal guards? Maybe they changed their names from House Mora Guards to Royal guards eh:S
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 01:54 AM,

I think Helseth's arsenal includes not only his guards... but agents and assassins as well... and perhaps low-down and brutal mobs.... who knows?
03-08-2006, 01:59 AM,

makes sense maybe we could have his Brutes warriors fashioned in royal guard armor which will be heavy armor now and some how make a light armour royal guard style for the more darker troops his army contains. Also his 2 holding through morrowind are Mournhold and Tel Marisa?
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM,

Tel Marisa? I dunno... perhaps... perhaps it will be renamed, but whatever...
anyways, his regular Royal Guards will be in the Royal Guard armor... perhaps his SWAT team type of troops can have a different type of armor.... they are used in extreme cases and use to infiltrate and take out guys... if they are well guarded.... he has agents and assassins... also good....

by the way, what is the flag of Helseth? is it the red boar you see in Mournhold flags? or is that for Mournhold? I don't think it is for Mournhold since the Indoril have a white wing on their banners
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM,

Thats the Royal guard flag and its a wolf
03-08-2006, 02:13 AM,

crap... i thought i was a boar Big Grin
well wolf makes sense.... Helseth is cunning like a wolf and has at his disposal strong warriors...
03-08-2006, 02:16 AM,

K so me i love helseth and have also invisioned him taking over imperial forts with his own troops and hanging his banners. But anyways so it goes like this We make royal guard troops with their royal guard armor and maybe a shield they always need a shield. And their crackteams would have say a black outfit lined with dark red with a wolf printed on the gloves chest back knees and pauldrons. See if his army ever moblized to defend mournhold it would kinda be like his brutes and stuff in front and see a bunch of assassins archers and agents popping out of no where lol
03-08-2006, 02:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ebonyknight
K so me I love helseth and have also invisioned him taking over imperial forts with his own troops and hanging his banners. But anyways so it goes like this We make royal guard troops with their royal guard armor and maybe a shield they always need a shield. And their crackteams would have say a black outfit lined with dark red with a wolf printed on the gloves chest back knees and pauldrons. See if his army ever moblized to defend mournhold it would kinda be like his brutes and stuff in front and see a bunch of assassins archers and agents popping out of no where lol

yeah, the SWAT team idea armor is good

if I was Helseth and I needed crowd control....
it would be Royal Guards with shields using brute force to push away the crowds, agents/assassins taking down revolt leaders beforehand... and the SWAT team guys to take down the areas with armed guys....

I was thinking... maybe the old Darkbrotherhood armor could be used as a guide... maybe padded cloth with blackened bronze reinforcement and the wolf-insignia... and all black... but of course, a cooler helm
03-08-2006, 02:22 AM,

ye but dont forget their adamantium shortswords lol and the dark red
03-08-2006, 02:35 AM,

Just for the record, the name I proposed is Tel Maris, no -a. This is because Maris is the Latin, 3rd Declension genative singular for "sea" or Mar. (Actually, now that I think about it, it may be Mar, Marinares, Marinaris, etc.) I guess Imperial speach isn't direct Latin, though the names of characters seems to use the same grammar, so if we switch up the spelling but keep it identifiable, it should be fine.

As far as the guards go, I'm pretty sure that Helseth's guards are titled Royal Guards because they come with the royal position, sort of like Secret Servicemen for the US President are still Secret Servicemen no matter what state or political party he's from. That said, I was thinking about how KuKulzA wants this city to enter into the MQ because the PC must investigate an assassination attempt and trace it back to Helseth. Helseth is from House Mora, a group tied to the Morag Tong traditionally, and absorbed into House Hlallu. The relationship between the Morag Tong and the Hlallu is already known to be rather pleasant as their headquarters on Vvardenfell are in the rich part of Balmora. The question that all this raises is why Helseth then chose to rely on the Dark Brotherhood in TESIII.

Perhaps Helseth himself had a falling out with the Morag Tong; they are an honorable order and Helseth has little in the way of honor, which has got to lead to some conflict of interest. So Helseth has been known to use the Dark Brotherhood, but the Dark Brotherhood is expensive, maybe even more expensive after the Nereverine job resulted in the death of so many good assassins and the loss of the Mournhold chapter of the guild. The result is that in the six years following TESIII, Helseth has tried to find other ways to get his dirty work done.

I propose that we create a new group of elite royal assassins. These are thoroughly loyal to Helseth, requiring little in the way of pay from their king, and trained in the traditions of the Morag Tong. They should have unique armor and be unjoinable. They are few in number and more a rumor than anything else, a rumor known only really in Tel Maris, where Helseth has based them at his traditional palace. The way all of this fits in is that the PC goes to Tel Maris prior to Vvardenfell, perhaps on a Blades covert mission. At this point, he can, if he goes to the right places and talks to the right people, find out about the new assassins and/or find some of their unique gear. Thus, when the assassination attempt occurs later on in the MQ, the PC has the ability to recognise the assailant and make the connection to Helseth. If the PC missed the clue earlier in Tel Maris or never went there, he can still find enough info to lead him to Helseth, it'd just be harder.

In the preview-mod/non-MQ part, Tel Maris should be just a really cool and beautiful place with historic neighborhoods, wealthy Hlallu, and lots of misc quests. As far as the MQ part in Tel Maris goes, I have visions of this beautiful, luxurious island town becoming a terrifying place as the PC is hunted at night by a number of elite assassins.

So what do you guys think? New assassins, standard Hlallu guards, Royal Guards at the palace?

[edit] Wow, it's like you guys were reading my mind while I typed all this out!