Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helseth's guards/House Mora -discussion
03-08-2006, 10:02 PM,

Vvardenfell (and all its regions)
Firemoth, Dervon's Watch(?), Firewatch, (Helseth's Isle), Karthor Dale(?)
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM,

If solstheim was back in id like to see imperials gone from war and raven rock under constant attack from nords. More nord tribes attackin each other a reaver base a new ice demon etc. and thirsk have a village like it was suppose to
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-09-2006, 12:13 AM,

well its not... maybe AFTER Vvardenfell it could be considered.... but I am much more interested on making Vvardenfell for the TES4 Vvardenfell than Solstheim for the TES4 Vvardenfell.... I hope you guys feel the same...

after it is done.... I suppose expansions can be made, but I have little to no interest, EXCEPT for the Grahl and Rieklings.
and with any luck, they will reappear in the Skyrim mod....
03-11-2006, 01:14 AM,

For Caldera, will we see Helseths guards defending the Governor's mansion against attack with hlaalu surivors? and also we should make the manisons baraparts better make them mountable for archers and a drawbridge over rocks and rats like we suggested eariler
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-11-2006, 02:13 AM,

thats a good idea
03-14-2006, 03:08 PM,

I just read The Real Berenziah and Helseth is definitely not from House Mora or even from Hlallu, at least as I understood it. Are we saying that the book is incorrect or is there an explanation that I'm not seeing? I love the idea of him allying himself with the Hlallu and I can understand House Mora having been absorbed by the Hlallu, but Helseth as one of them?

Perhaps Helseth has been granted honorary status by House Mora, something to do with his long-standing relationship with them and his gracious resusitation of their ancient holdings such as Tel Maris (which I do have a nice overhead for by the way). That way, all of our story can still fit; we just lose the ancestoral connection between Helseth and the Mora.
03-14-2006, 09:10 PM,

you DO know that House Mora was in the time of Vivec's youth and that it had disappeared LONG LONG ago... in a Dunmereth (Morrowind) far far away that is now changed?
...and Ra'athrim is but a clan of that House....

he has ties to Hlaalu.... but I don't think Helseth is truly turly Hlaalu... yet his lineage is now Hlaalu, so therefore technically politically he is, though his blood isn't Hlaalu blood... and Symmachus? he appears to be an Indoril peasant that became a great general and king....
03-16-2006, 03:00 AM,

Still working on layouts and stuff. My main holdup right now is location as I want the city to be molded somewhat to the shape of the small island that it's on. I currently have two ideas for where to place it on the map.

1) The mouth of the large river running N/S through the center of Morrowind. TR had Old Ebonheart at the mouth, but since ST doesn't believe that it exists, we could easily cut off the peninsula that the city was placed on and turn it into our ancient Mora-turned Hlallu town.

2) Just off the southern tip of the long verticle island running off the coast of the Silgrad map portion. As far as I can tell, the long island is uninhabited, serving mainly to mark the border between the fishing territory of Hla Oad and Legio Argonis, and that's the north of the island. We could locate our new little island off the southern tip with possibly a small bridge to the larger island. The city and shrine would then be on the small island while the cave system and eventually the new Ebony mine would be on its larger neighbor, along with perhaps a single ancient ruin of some type (Velothi or Mora I'm thinking).

I started out liking the first idea, but the more I think about it the more the second appeals to me. First, it gives us more area to explore on foot without adding to the map. Second, it merges well with the other ST mods, meaning that it shouldn't be hard to make cross-over via swimming possible. Third, it fits with the idea of it being in a little-known area (the long island is a buffer zone of wilderness and nobody would really have business along its southern tip unless they were going specifically to Tel Maris). So, feedback? I'd like to finish up the preliminary plans soon so that we can approve/tweak them and begin planning the story and NPCs. This is hopefully going to be a pre-mod after all as well as a MQ location.
03-18-2006, 06:17 PM,

So nobody has an opinion on which location to use for our little island? I guess I'll just use the second one then as I believe that even map-wise it would be much more helpful to us to have that around when we mod in Vvardenfell (it supplies the only major thing between the coast and the island, thus giving us the right idea of spacing).
03-18-2006, 07:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
So nobody has an opinion on which location to use for our little island?
awww.... too bad Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
I guess I'll just use the second one then as I believe that even map-wise it would be much more helpful to us to have that around when we mod in Vvardenfell (it supplies the only major thing between the coast and the island, thus giving us the right idea of spacing).
hmm.... its not a bad idea.... but I must say.... the BitterCoast is not exactly where I'd envision his House Mora place to be.... and keep in mind that the mainland-side of the Bitter Coast is administered by Legio Argonis.... and so Latrys Island is also.... however, perhaps King Helseth acquired a special land grant signed by Legio Argonis, Duke Vedam Dren, and the mainland Hlaalu Grandmaster .....not because he needs their permission but because he wants it to look legal... but there is also the fact that there is rampant crime in the area that C&E patrols and Legio Argonis are barely keeping a lid on... perhaps Helseth will help try to limit the crime and smuggling and piracy going on in the Bitter Coasts?