Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hist Resin Armour
06-07-2006, 05:50 PM,
Hist Resin Armour
While my knowledge on Argonian lore is abit hazey, I've heard of Hist Resin somewhere; might have been from TR.

Hist Resin Armour
[Image: ArgonianArmorFD.jpg]

With this sketch, I wanted a feral, segmented leaf scale feel. The more vital areas of the humanoid body would recieve more protection with the 'treated' jungle leaves, beneath the Pauldrons and the Greaves would be wrapped/sown in with some kind of leather and/or animal hide. I undecided if i should scrap the boots at the bottom and keep something like a leg/shin bracer, keeping with the feralesque look.

One good source on how Argonian armour in general might be is from "The Armorer's Challenge" with the Argonian armourer, Hazadir.

http://til.gamingsource.net/mwbooks/armchallenge.shtml
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM,

Just my opinion but I think it should be made out of a smooth sap not leaves though
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
06-08-2006, 01:22 AM,

He's saying that you cover the leaves with the sap. I think its good. It would be light armor.
06-08-2006, 03:23 AM,

Oh okay but maybe make it out of leaves coated on both sides with sap
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM,

my idea of it was this...
you have a frame made of bone and wood... a vine-weaving is made and the large coarse leaves are sewn in. The Hist Resin is that poured over it and once hardened the armor is decorated with more decorative and colorful leaves and feathers, but not too many..
06-09-2006, 06:14 AM,

Okay thats sorta what I meant but I think there should be two kinds. one for ceremonys and one for hiding
06-26-2006, 12:03 AM,

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Hist Sap illegal in Cyrodil?
06-26-2006, 12:20 AM,

Yes, it is.
09-26-2006, 03:26 PM,

I've started work on this. It's going to take me quite a bit of time to finish even a single piece as I'm learning as I go, so anybody else out there who feels like modeling this armor feel free too.

I am going to do the shield differently, but that's the only thing. I really like this concept. I'll give you an update one I've made some progress, should be a few days.
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM,

A quick question for Kyoshu here, do you have some sort of body template in you sketches? All bodies look alike. Big Grin
The Forgotten Ones have returned.