Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hortator
02-25-2006, 04:14 AM,

well the Hortators would definetly be dunmer, and i don't have morrwoind loaded up in front of me to tell you what teh items of the hortators are...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-25-2006, 04:38 AM,

well I know them... rode for Telvanni, belt for Hlaalu, and ring for Redoran...
is there anything pointing to what the Hortators of Indoril and Dres would have for their tokens?
02-25-2006, 04:39 AM,

don't think so... but htose guys are gonna mostly defer to the redoran one, so they're not essential.

02-25-2006, 04:44 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
don't think so... but htose guys are gonna mostly defer to the redoran one, so they're not essential.
well, I think the Indoril and Dres, proud as they are, would have their own hortators....
although allied together... the Indoril see themselves as better than everyone else... Hlaalu are kissass, Redoran are noble barbarians, Dres are unhonorable slavers (many Dres worship Daedra as well as Temple).... Telvanni as evil wizards... and duh, 6th House as the DEVIL!
Dres has a similar outlook but probably less severe.... but proud nevertheless... just not AS proud as Indoril...
02-25-2006, 04:47 AM,

i just meant that with the war being on Vvardenfell, and the Redoran being the only of the three with major force there, they other two would have to defer to the third.

02-26-2006, 01:14 AM,

that would sound logical to an Imperial....

...but to a proud Dunmer....
the Indoril and Dres bother to go to war with their 'barbarian' ally out of the 'kindness of the hearts' and their contempt for the others... they wouldn't bow down to Redoran.... they are doing a favor
the Dres and Indoril amass 2 large armies combined into one to march into Vvardenfell and back up the Redoran
they have thei own interests of course, but they don't feel they HAVE to back up Redoran... but tradition, common sense, and honor says they should.

its not like UN coalition helping US in Iraq under US command...

remember, the mainland councils don't want direct participation... they are content sendin off soldiers to take care of it and keep it on Vvardenfell... they can sit back and see what happens... (it has more impact than they realize)
the mainlanders of course look upon the colonist councils and ashlanders and native factions as rustic and lower... as colonies, as barbarians... but the councils don't want war on the mainland... that would embroil all of Morrowind
02-26-2006, 02:13 AM,

well maybe i'm not blinded by my pride? it's only logical to place your forces under the command of a leader who is expierienced and knowlegdable about the region, enimies, tactics... etc

02-26-2006, 02:36 AM,

your not blinded by your pride.... but who said the Indoril weren't?
when the second Imperial invasion of Morrowind succeeded and the Tribunal signed an Armistice with the Imperials... a large number of Indoril nobles suicide ...wow, talk about honor.... but would that actually help the Indoril? NO! they were in political and economical decline since then since so many of their leaders commited suicide... :brew: ....kinda funny and ironic in a sick way
the Indoril would no doubt HAVE to listen to Redoran guides and tactics... but I think they'd have their own Hortator....
same with the Dres...

BUT if you really really like the idea of only 1 hortator for the Triple Alliance, here is how we do it...
I remember from TES3 they said only in extremely rare circumstances that there would be one person being Hortator of more than one Great House... however, isn't a Great House War a great circumstance?
why no have the Indoril, Dres, and Redoran all approve of one Hortator and give him/her the 3 tokens of Indoril, Dres, and Redoran.... that could work although I think the Indoril are still pompous... Confusedhrug:
02-26-2006, 02:39 AM,

We can have three hortators, i just thought that the indoril and dres ones are kinda redundant, thats all. but you're right about the pompousness, they'd for sure have their own, even if it served no use...

02-26-2006, 03:03 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by batman
We can have three hortators, I just thought that the indoril and dres ones are kinda redundant, thats all. but you're right about the pompousness, they'd for sure have their own, even if it served no use...
though if they combined all 3 into one special hortatorial dude... they'd be all more united and symbolize their alliance