Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial Desert Corps Questline Brainstorm
08-11-2006, 11:36 PM,

I know you used Morrowind ranks, that's why I wondered about the lack of KotID. Also, something to consider, maybe incorporate some more racial diversity into the Desert Corps than other legions? Maybe Redguards, or Dunmer, or something like that, since they're used to harsh, barren environments.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
08-12-2006, 02:41 AM,

A few points to ponder here.

First, Elsweyr does not have a pristine record of 'loyalty' toward the empire. In fact, they were one of the last provinces to be annexed by the empire of the third age (I believe Morrowind was last, followed by Argonia if I'm not mistaken).

Second, oblivion gates have been opening all over Tamriel. While Mehrunes Dagon focused the majority of his attacks on Cyrodiil, he also struck other provinces. In my experience, the one thing that breeds discontent is magic portals opening up outside your house that spew monsters. Smile

Third (and most important), the emperor is dead. Opportunists will be popping up all over Tamriel hoping to take advantage of the power vacuum to win their homelands back (and possibly take some of Cyrodiil with them?).

I would love to see the Imperial Desert Corps embroiled in some sort of conflict with the separatists. At first, the player is a recruit, performing menial tasks like stocking outposts and hunting bandits. But through these quests, the player learns about the rebellion and rises the ranks to meet the challenges it provides.

Well, just my thoughts anyhow. Smile
08-12-2006, 02:46 AM,

What about Knight of the Garland? ?(

Quote:Originally posted by Arphaxad
A few points to ponder here.

First, Elsweyr does not have a pristine record of 'loyalty' toward the empire. In fact, they were one of the last provinces to be annexed by the empire of the third age (I believe Morrowind was last, followed by Argonia if I'm not mistaken).

Second, oblivion gates have been opening all over Tamriel. While Mehrunes Dagon focused the majority of his attacks on Cyrodiil, he also struck other provinces. In my experience, the one thing that breeds discontent is magic portals opening up outside your house that spew monsters. Smile

Third (and most important), the emperor is dead. Opportunists will be popping up all over Tamriel hoping to take advantage of the power vacuum to win their homelands back (and possibly take some of Cyrodiil with them?).

I would love to see the Imperial Desert Corps embroiled in some sort of conflict with the separatists. At first, the player is a recruit, performing menial tasks like stocking outposts and hunting bandits. But through these quests, the player learns about the rebellion and rises the ranks to meet the challenges it provides.

Well, just my thoughts anyhow. Smile

Yes, that is a good idea, the Vvardenfell team (I think) was thinking of having one of their generals turn traitor on the rest of the legion, and start claiming his own land.
08-12-2006, 02:48 AM,

The Sand Reavers as I call them Big Grin are one of the Crack Legions of Imperial power. They protect caravans, go after Khajiit insurgents, and generally should be a badass group who constantly face attacks daily.

Suggestions of Names for the Legion from the Concept Art thread:
I came up with a few names that I thought would fit a Desert Legion and it's forts, here they are: Sand Reavers, The Aratek Assailers, The Red Viper Legion, Sandspears, Sunspears, Ebony Reavers, Dune Snakes, Sand Snakes, Fort Dunemoth, Fort Africanus, Bloodstorm Trackers.
08-12-2006, 05:16 AM,

One thing though, I don't thing Elsweyr has ever been particularly hostile towards the empire. More of an indifference thing. With the Third Empire, the last provinces taken were Morrowind and the Aldmeri Dominion, and I believe Hammerfell was next in line in terms of resistance (though not third-last to being taken I don't believe...).
08-12-2006, 04:34 PM,

Arphaxad: The Desert Corps are elite enouigh to not require more 1337 squadrons within, however, I would like some organization. Division into companies and the like, for ease of patrolling. The player will be ever moving thorugh the different companies in terms of promotion.
I am also aware of the gates popping up everywhere, that's why I say there should be some left over Daedra in Elsweyr.

Pharazon: Your names would be perfect for said divisions. This would also go very well with the idea of the half cloaks and garments colouring showing rank, and maybe division.

Hrafnkek (So hard to spell Tongue): I agree, it seems the Khajiit feel they won't bother the imperials if they don't bother them, however some Khajiit resent the Imperials for taking their land (Leyawiin.). Khajiit already don't like Rimmen, so I doubt any hostility towards a base of operations there would exist. The legion will be majority Imperial, but there will be a few Redguard and Orsimer, and I imagine there will be some Khajiit that want an exciting, but legal job.

ID: Knight of the Garland? :eek:
08-12-2006, 04:43 PM,

Khajiits who do legal things.. well may in their laws... for if I dont remenber to wrong its legal to do most things in Elsweyr.. (ofc may have 1-2) And the quest-line sould be quite anti Krin in North and anti Skooma longer down south... and not a real plot-line before later.. (anti-krin north)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-12-2006, 06:03 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Captain
Hrafnkek (So hard to spell Tongue): I agree, it seems the Khajiit feel they won't bother the imperials if they don't bother them, however some Khajiit resent the Imperials for taking their land (Leyawiin.). Khajiit already don't like Rimmen, so I doubt any hostility towards a base of operations there would exist. The legion will be majority Imperial, but there will be a few Redguard and Orsimer, and I imagine there will be some Khajiit that want an exciting, but legal job.

Yeah, I knew about the Khajiiti sentiment over Leyawiin. Was just pointing out that the majority of Khajiit really aren't all that hostile to the Empire, aside from the Krin and groups like that.

Another benefit that the racial diversity could have would be to show that this -isn't- the most elite of the legions, and they don't have all the highly-trained Imperial Legionaires that the other provinces might have, so they recruit more Redguards and Orcs and such that have a more 'naturally' occuring hardiness towards a harsh environment.
08-12-2006, 07:11 PM,

This thread inspired me to thumb through the pocket guide to the empire that came with redguard (which was written during the conquests of Tiber Septim). It doesn't seem like the khajiit are particularly anti-empire, but they aren't exactly pro-empire either (humans tend to look down on khajiit culture as being uncivilized). But there are still separatists in the Elsweyr confederacy who would no doubt try to seize on current events to gain their independence.

Something that might make for an interesting plot twist is the khajiit religious emphasis on moon sugar (skooma is moon sugar distilled) in light of imperial law banning the drug. Perhaps the imperial desert corps could have some quests for the players wherein they are enlisted to stop smugglers and the like? Not that Rimmen is much of a skooma/moon sugar town, but still.

Oh, and Hammerfell was the third province to fall under imperial rule, despite the strong separatist sentiments of the region. Smile
08-12-2006, 08:59 PM,

The faction would have much more meaning if the player got to know his squad.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I