Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvised weapons?
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
I like the the improvised weapons idea and the craft weapons idea.

We should have them both Wink

You wondered why Oblivion didn't have crafting system? Because it's not really a grind game, in lack of better word. You can buy and find good stuff so there's no need to craft them.

Of course, this would be Godsend for roleplayers.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-19-2006, 05:44 PM,

I have often wondered why they put in alchemy and no other crafting type thing.
09-19-2006, 06:01 PM,

They decided that they are not usefull i guess ?(
Or maybe they where just too lazy to put them in the game.

Daggerfall had a lot of skills, i miss them...good old Daggerfall :wasted:
Akavir mod leader.
09-19-2006, 10:17 PM,

hmmm
ya to me it just makes sense...if they have a create spell option, why not create weapon? I think it wont be that hard to script, we could do something similar to the create-spell thingy...
:bananarock:
09-20-2006, 12:59 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Maleficus8953
hmmm
ya to me it just makes sense...if they have a create spell option, why not create weapon? I think it wont be that hard to script, we could do something similar to the create-spell thingy...
:bananarock:

But why? It would only be for immersion. Like posted before, I think that many people simly buy and find stuff they use.
09-20-2006, 07:29 PM,

In my opinion, that is the problem: they can just go to the store and buy something better... this is just my opinion, but what if some quests forced the player to be creative?
And would it not be awesome to use a fish for a weapon? The quest wil lhave to force the player to think beyond the sword and spells- may be alittle uncooth for an RPG...but i think it wil be for the better...
And no, it wont necessarily only be for immersion, and thats what i tried to stress in the beginning. Masters of this skill will thrive with no weapon at all, they will use fox corpses, blankets, and ropes, and still manage to beat down guards. Now those are just the masters of the skill, obviously a journeyman of improvision would lose to a journeyman of blade. ALl it is is a different skill, that would probably fit with the unamoured and hand-to-hand categories.
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Maleficus8953
In my opinion, that is the problem: they can just go to the store and buy something better... this is just my opinion, but what if some quests forced the player to be creative?
And would it not be awesome to use a fish for a weapon? The quest wil lhave to force the player to think beyond the sword and spells- may be alittle uncooth for an RPG...but I think it wil be for the better...
And no, it wont necessarily only be for immersion, and thats what I tried to stress in the beginning. Masters of this skill will thrive with no weapon at all, they will use fox corpses, blankets, and ropes, and still manage to beat down guards. Now those are just the masters of the skill, obviously a journeyman of improvision would lose to a journeyman of blade. ALl it is is a different skill, that would probably fit with the unamoured and hand-to-hand categories.

I mean it's all fun and stuff.... but fishes and blankets as weapons? Shouldn't we be real here? Include couple of those weapons as easter eggs or leave them for after all urgent matters are resolved.
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM,

Male, if you have a specific quest in mind, please run it by Kodama first before finalizing it. We need to make sure it will fit and if so where.
09-24-2006, 03:32 AM,

ya.. my idea may be alittle farfetched and my scope impractical...soooo
ill have to narrow it down alittle.
10-30-2006, 05:32 AM,

I like both of the ideas espiaccly the crafting one even if it is just for immersion
:elk:
:worship: :worship: