Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improvised weapons?
10-30-2006, 09:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
I like both of the ideas espiaccly the crafting one even if it is just for immersion

Hmm... possibly too much work only for immersion factor. It needs to be functional as well.

btw. things move so slowly here.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM,

:o Maybe even a rock type of Magicka ability could be possible, where the player can summon a boulder to crush their foes. I think I remember something like that being talked about before, manipulating natural earthly items.
10-31-2006, 01:11 PM,

You could do crafting via skilled crafstman.

Example: You have a blackmsith in town who makes decent swords that you can buy. After doing business with him a couple times or if you have a really high personality, he mentions that there is a mine in a certain location that has very high quility ore. If he could get ahold of that ore he could make an incredible blade. So you go out gathering ore or whatever the ingridient you need.

eh, it's an idea
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM,

That would be a nice mini quest idea. Could be worked in a number of different ways and different regions for different weapons.
02-19-2007, 01:17 AM,

Crafting could have very functional purposes. It provides a lot of variety to the existing weaponry, if you are able to customize your weapon. By that I mean getting different qualities of iron ore, different types of coal, combine different qualities and types of ores to make alloys with special properties : some of them will be lighter and more damaging, and prehaps some of them could be more accepting of enchantments. Others will provide better blocking protection, while yet others will be more effective at breaking through blocks. It all depends.

The possibilites for crafting are virtually limitless, and if you create weapons only available through crafting that are also worthwhile to spend the time to get, it adds a sense of not only immersion, but also gratification. Think about buying a sword from a store, nothing special right? But if you made your own sword from carefully gathered ores, and it is as a result lighter and faster swinging than a regular sword, you're thinking OH YEAH! I GOTZ TEH L33T LEWT! W00T! J00 PWNZ00RXS N00B! And your language skills completely break down. More exciting isn't it? Scripts should be relatively simple, just a bit tedious to have to do all the varieties of swords and stuff, and the combinations that make them up. But it's do-able, and some people like repetitive jobs.

Also, this could be based off of the armorer skill (finally a good use for it), and certain ores could only be smithed by a master craftsman, for example only a master smith could possibly hope to create an ebony sword (not to mention find ebony ores)

Limitless possibilities, yet crafting is withheld by bethesda *sigh*
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-20-2007, 05:45 AM,

Yeah, that's what i had planned for the armorer skill :check:

For the ore, we will have sa-tetsu (ironsand) it is mined in shallow rivers and smelted in a tatara (a japanese ore smelter), that will produce severall grades of tamahagane (japanese steel for weapons) Big Grin
I was thinking about an Akaviri version of ebony that's just like japanese iron/steel, it will be mined the same way as the sa-tetsu, i think i will call the finished product kurogane (black metall) and it will be better then normal ebony :yes:
But that's just what i have planned for the "japanese" based cultures of Akavir, i don't know what the rest of Akavir will have, suggestions are welcome.
I have seen some nice scripts for weapons, Adonney's elven weapons includes a script that has a small percentage chance of an instant kill... i want something like that! Cool
Akavir mod leader.
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM,

That script sounds pretty cool Kodama
04-22-2007, 02:25 AM,

crafting would have turned it into another one of those MMPORG games... :/
-Connoisseur of Rome: Total War modification - "Europa Barbarorum"
-History Buff of Ancient European & East Asian History and WW2
02-09-2008, 07:18 AM,

Kodama, I can have a crack at the instant kill script if you want.
Also, I think that crafting would be a good addition to the game.
02-09-2008, 06:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Homicidal
Kodama, I can have a crack at the instant kill script if you want.
Also, I think that crafting would be a good addition to the game.

Okay, let's see what you can come up with =)
Akavir mod leader.