Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indoril Embassy finally underway
08-01-2008, 08:28 AM,
Indoril Embassy finally underway
I've been working on the interior of Soluthis' Indoril embassy building, and thought I'd show an early screenshot of how it's coming along.

[Image: th_indoril_embassy_scr01.jpg]

The exterior structure is a familiar sight for many since I modelled and placed it in the city so long ago, but it couldn't be entered. Back in the day I created an extremely basic Indoril tileset in conjunction with a tutorial and I thought about using it, but ultimately decided not to because the basicness made it look really bad. Think "cubes". But anyway, as I mentioned in another thread I'm in the process of reworking Soluthis' temple district and so this seemed like a good time to finish the embassy (which of course is a pet project of mine with little significance in the overall scheme of things).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-01-2008, 08:36 AM,

ahh interesting. Hope it comes out great. The textures look fabulous.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
08-01-2008, 08:58 AM,

It seems a cool set.
08-01-2008, 03:22 PM,

I like the red and gold combination a lot. It looks a little Oriental in design...looking very promising!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-01-2008, 03:46 PM,

the meshes look great but the textures are all wrong imho. the original mournhold tileset used copper colored accents, i think something as simple as adjusting the colors on your trims will make it look more indoril-y.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-01-2008, 08:29 PM,

I had to work with the textures I could find. As the saying goes, "beggars can't be choosers" Big Grin Tips on good Mournhold texture replacers are most welcome, perhaps they'll yield a better replacement or two for the ones I used.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-05-2008, 01:01 AM,

Wow, this looks nice. Have you finished it yet RW?

Because Indoril was always my favorite Dunmer architecture, and because I want to do at least 1 thing before I'm gone, I feel obligated to give this thread a bump. Big Grin
Lol what?
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM,

its coming along nicely :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-06-2008, 10:22 AM,

Speaking personally, I prefer these textures to the original Mournhold ones. I found them a bit murky, but that may be due to the improved resolution on display here.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-07-2008, 12:15 PM,

can i offer help in any small way? Chairs, tables...
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF