Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
03-18-2010, 01:22 AM,
Is this normal?
I'm getting a lot of missing texture/mesh exclamation marks throughout Black Marsh. I also have yet to encounter a single animal. Some structures seem to be missing also (specifically at the little amphiteatre near Sloughpoint).

I've downloaded version 2.19 of the archives and all 6 patches except for 4. I also have the latest .esm file loaded (2.7 I think).

I also placed all of Pack 2 in my Data/Textures/Blackmarsh/Textures folder. All the screenshots I've seen seem to indicate there's more going on in the environment. Why so many missing files?

Any thoughts?
03-18-2010, 01:55 AM,
RE: Is this normal?
well i kindove having the same problems alot of pink and purple. :eek: the leaves are purple and some gound, i think it is meshes. so i was doing this step...
Quote:INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE OF BSA ARCHIVE

Open the file ConstructionSet.ini in a text editor, such as Notepad. The file is located in the folder My Documents\My Games\Oblivion.

Find the line that reads:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Change the line to:
SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, BlackMarsh.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Then open the file Oblivion.ini in the same manner. The file is also located in the folder My Documents\My Games\Oblivion. Don't confuse it with Oblivion_default.ini located in your C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder! That one should remain unchanged. Make the same change to Oblivion.ini as above.
but i did not have the ConstructionSet.ini file but i did have Oblivion.ini.
So i change just the Oblivion.ini and tryed it and all the titles,menues,mouse and loading screens where white :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. so i took back what i did, and played with purple stuff.
(by the way looking good so far but there wasn't much going on Big Grin Big Grin)
Bulls make money, Bears make money, pig get Slaughtered
I'm right here in front of you and I can't stop sh-sh-shaking
I can't stop sh-sh-shaking. come on and hold me still
03-18-2010, 03:01 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Yali
I'm getting a lot of missing texture/mesh exclamation marks throughout Black Marsh. I also have yet to encounter a single animal. Some structures seem to be missing also (specifically at the little amphiteatre near Sloughpoint).

I've downloaded version 2.19 of the archives and all 6 patches except for 4. I also have the latest .esm file loaded (2.7 I think).

I also placed all of Pack 2 in my Data/Textures/Blackmarsh/Textures folder. All the screenshots I've seen seem to indicate there's more going on in the environment. Why so many missing files?

Any thoughts?

The latest esm file is version 2.30 .

I think I found the issue that is causing the vast majority of your alls problems:

In the archive named BMData21902.rar, the file path within that archive should be "textures\blackmarsh\..."

but instead, the "blackmarsh" part is left out of that folder, so a lot of your all's textures are going to the wrong places.

I'll tell Ibsen right away. If add a "blackmarsh" folder between the "textures" folder and those other folders, then reinstall the archive, most everything should be fixed for you. There might still be some missing meshes, though, but things won't be as bad as they have been for you in Blackmarsh thus far.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-18-2010, 03:04 PM,

Ah. That would make sense (I have been having this problem too).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-18-2010, 04:05 PM,

what about the creatures and the step i skiped
03-18-2010, 04:17 PM,

The creatures still haven't been added in yet, at least as far as I know. They should be in the next version of the master file.

Which step did you skip?

03-18-2010, 04:29 PM,

the one i quoted at the first post
i think it might be load order
whens the next update?
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM,
Quote:Originally posted by Yali

Any thoughts?

You also need to download patch # 4 - you need to download all 6 patches.

RE: Pack 2 - the folder path should be "Data\textures\blackmarsh\.." and NOT
"Data\textures\blackmarsh\textures.."

I don't know when the next update will be. Ibsen might have an inkling as to when it'll be.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM,

well i did a whole buch of switching and changing paths and BLAM i found the problem for me.
there was a tree folder outside of the textures so i placed it into the textures and it works yah!!!!!! :goodjob: :goodjob: Big Grin :bananarock:
03-18-2010, 06:23 PM,

Great! Let us know how you get on with learning to use the CS.