Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping on the original and not(partly)
12-20-2005, 06:19 PM,

Question concerning this subject; will you be able to transport mounts from Cyrodill to Vvardefell?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-20-2005, 07:33 PM,

Hmm, good question. I think I remember reading something about how mounts are moved around in Oblivion, I'll see if I can go find out some more on it and post back.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-20-2005, 09:21 PM,

You or KuKulzA. Big Grin
12-20-2005, 10:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Question concerning this subject; will you be able to transport mounts from Cyrodill to Vvardefell?
Ok, I found this at TESSource

Quote:Emil Pagliarulo
Mounts aren't artificially summoned the way they are in some fantasy games. You don't rub your horse figurine and have him magically show up in the world. Your horse is an actual in-game entity, like an NPC. Though your horse travels with you when you "fast travel."
I'm figuring that if you leave your horse in the wilderness, and run off exploring, the horse will probably stay around that area until you get back (or it get's attacked and runs off, or stolen by another NPC). If you leave it in a pin outside a walled city, then it will stay there and not travel to another pin if you go to another city.

I figure that since we really aren't focusing on Fast Travel in our mod, then you would have to come across on boat (or swim hopefully at some point). The horse can travel with you on the boat, or perhaps they can swim as well, and you'll just have to fight off the hundred's of Dreuge that start to attack you. :lmao:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
12-21-2005, 03:01 AM,

except... it will be extremely hard to have a horse if you go into interior Vvardenfell... I mean Ascadian Isles and Grazelands are great.... Gash, Sheogorad, and Azura's Coast is okay realistically if your horse has 'shoes'... but the Ashlands, Red Mt., and Molag Amur will make the horse sick....
12-21-2005, 05:48 AM,

The reason that there weren't horses in Morrowind is because of the ash and volcano, so they should like, refuse to go to so some areas or at least startle when they enter them.
12-21-2005, 06:02 AM,

or get fatigued way more... and maybe slightly lower health.... or very lower health...

or die in an ash storm... Smile
12-21-2005, 12:32 PM,

Yeah, so that you'd have to rush to town to save it.
Speaking of Ash Storms, will they affect players?
12-21-2005, 05:50 PM,

I'm thinking that would be a good idea for hores to shy away from Red Mountain, and make it difficult for the PC to steer the horse into that area. Also, it can be done, just the horse would become difficult to handle. While in that area, the horses fatigue should quickly drain (in relation to it's level) and then it's health will start to decrease. Eventually, if you stay too long, it will die and you will have to walk from then on.

About the ashstorms effecting the PC. Perhaps we cuold make it so they will hamper your athlectic and acrobatic abilities along with sight and movement. Perhaps even a slight drain on thePC's fatigue as well? Then we could have that face wrap that I mentioned in the other thread about the bonemold armor, and with that face wrap on it would negate the fatigue lose, but you would still loss movement and agility.

Do you think that is effective enough?
-
12-21-2005, 06:06 PM,

What about some Ash disease?