Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping on the original and not(partly)
12-21-2005, 06:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
What about some Ash disease?
Wasn't there already something like that in Morrowind (the chances were minimal, like 0.5%)? I'm sure it could be brought back for us. And maybe the face wrap could help protect against that as well. More of a reason to wear one than just to stop fatigue loss, I guess.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-21-2005, 06:18 PM,

Not sure if it was in Morrowind, but great idea for a scarf. Smile
How about lowering characters ranged skill?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-21-2005, 06:20 PM,

Not sure if it was in Morrowind, but great idea for a scarf. Smile
How about lowering characters ranged skill?
I think that with the new Havok Engine implemented, that will already be taken into account, or at least I would like to hope it would. The stonger the wind, the less the arrow will fly.

I don't know, but I think I might have heard somewhere that weather might not effect flying objects. I'll go see what I can find out.
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
12-21-2005, 06:24 PM,

I mean't characters skill (ranged=55) would be reduced (ranged=50) because of the ash going into his eyes, but misguided arrows are smart idea.
12-21-2005, 09:35 PM,

Here is what I found:

Quote:From Gavin Carter, found at TESSource
The forests and grass do animate differently in response to changing weather conditions. There are also ambient effects to increase your sense of immersion like leaves falling from trees, butterflies flying around, and birds chattering in the trees above you. No cloth physics unfortunately. We found they are a huge sink for processing time and we'd rather spend it in places that really make a difference to the gameplay like AI. Arrows will shoot through the air using physics; arcing based on force and gravity. Wind won't blow them off course however. I think that would really decrease the fun of archery, and you'd start wanting to clutter the UI with things like wind indicators.

So perhaps arrows won't be effected by wind, but we might be able to make them flky off course if your in an ashstorm, or we could just scrap that idea, and do i your way by actually decreasing the skill level. I really would like a little combination of the two though. :yes:
-
12-21-2005, 09:57 PM,

As would I. You would be afraid of the storms.
12-22-2005, 01:15 AM,

i really like the idea of a scarf/neck protector! lots of the concept art featured those, but none ever made it in-game
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-22-2005, 03:25 PM,

And if that wasn't enough, you could also look atthe Raziels artwork.
You know, that anti-hero from Soul Reaver.
12-22-2005, 04:01 PM,

And if that wasn't enough, you could also look atthe Raziels artwork.
You know, that anti-hero from Soul Reaver.
There is actually a mod for Morrowind of Raziel. I use it not for the character, but for the robe and scarf that comes with the mod. Maybe I'll take some screens of my character and post them so you can see the wrap in-game.
-
12-22-2005, 09:27 PM,

What does this mod do? Does it just add items or is it a complete conversion?